Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Happened to EPCOT?

My hope is that after Test Track more love goes around to the rest of the park, especially where inoventions is concerned.

I agree I just wish we had horizons or the dreamfinder back or the original or old imageworks back but it will never happen they just dont care anymore. Epcot used to be about creating a better future or a better tommrow. Sigh I guess this is true .

Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn. sadly a lot of people just dont care about epcot anymore.

Last edited:
The place is seriously looking pathetic and subpar to Disney's park standards.

It is sad that when I do get a chance to take Disney trips EPCOT is always the park I leave out. Outdated film based attractions and unfinished projects that had potential is what this park is filled with, with neglected corners and dead space to connected them.

And as obvious from these updates it is going to take a lot more than a Test Track retheme to fix the issues.

I personally love Epcot and I would actually rather go there sometimes instead of Magic Kingdom. While I don't believe it has been getting as much love as it should, I don't understand most of the hate towards Epcot. I understand that it doesnt have the most attractions but it does offer great atmosphere and experiences, especially the World Showcase. I am personally excited for the Test Tract reimagining. I also don't really hate Journey into your imagination, then again I never rode the original.

I love Epcot, but for those who just don't understand how bad FW is right now..Soarin is the #1 ride in Epcot and EASILY can hit 100 min waits even on a slow day.

The original in California gets usually 20 - 30 minute waits only....

The park is so bereft of good rides, and will all of the bad publicity that Mission: Space got, their only choice IS Soarin pretty much.

So this is a full list of what has to happen:

-They need to empty out the ride building behind Germany and build the water ride there.
-They need the Mt Fuji coaster.
-They also need to replace the bazaar and add Russia or Brazil, whichever they decide.
-They need to demolish Wonders of Life and build a new ride.
-They need to bring back the Dreamfinder and reopen Imagewerks.
-Captain EO needs to go and a brand new show needs to be made.
-Add a 3rd theater to Soarin.

I love Epcot, but for those who just don't understand how bad FW is right now..Soarin is the #1 ride in Epcot and EASILY can hit 100 min waits even on a slow day.

The original in California gets usually 20 - 30 minute waits only....

The park is so bereft of good rides, and will all of the bad publicity that Mission: Space got, their only choice IS Soarin pretty much.

So this is a full list of what has to happen:

-They need to empty out the ride building behind Germany and build the water ride there.
-They need the Mt Fuji coaster.
-They also need to replace the bazaar and add Russia or Brazil, whichever they decide.
-They need to demolish Wonders of Life and build a new ride.
-They need to bring back the Dreamfinder and reopen Imagewerks.
-Captain EO needs to go and a brand new show needs to be made.
-Add a 3rd theater to Soarin.

The weird thing about this post is that almost everything here is possible if they put the effort into it. Lets hope something comes into light by the middle of next year.

The weird thing about this post is that almost everything here is possible if they put the effort into it. Lets hope something comes into light by the middle of next year.

Yeap and really the only new things they need to build would be the WoL replacement and the Fuji coaster, everything else has an infrastructure there for it, they just need to do something with it.

I didn't want to create a separate thread but what the hell is Disney theme park entertainment group smoking! This is a "music act" for the Holidays 2018. Sure these guys are passable for amateur night in a German youth hostel but for the Holidays at Epcot?! It's about time the people who are responsible for entertainment visit the parks and are forced to watch the demographic that is paying for their inflated tickets and in the end their salaries.

I didn't want to create a separate thread but what the hell is Disney theme park entertainment group smoking! This is a "music act" for the Holidays 2018. Sure these guys are passable for amateur night in a German youth hostel but for the Holidays at Epcot?! It's about time the people who are responsible for entertainment visit the parks and are forced to watch the demographic that is paying for their inflated tickets and in the end their salaries.

Yeah but they work cheap.....:ugh::...:

This is nowhere near the most questionable entertainment I've seen at Epcot?