Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What to "add" to Islands of Adventure

My list:
  1. Lost Continent needs to go ASAP. Hyrule replacement, featuring a family dark ride and a family-thrill dark ride.
  2. Keep Toon Lagoon as is, but refresh Dudley and build a SLoP clone where the theater is.
  3. Build a Avengers dark-ride where Doom is.
That's it.
This is great...Dudley really just needs some new AAs and Projection Mapping in certain areas. It really is a classic ride

I think the next thing after JP coaster will be either a full time show added to Seuss Landing (why not have a year long Grinchmas show and mini Christmas land and meet and greet?) or Lost Continent closing for Hyrule. I could see us getting Hyrule before Pokémon or anything.

I think the next thing after JP coaster will be either a full time show added to Seuss Landing (why not have a year long Grinchmas show and mini Christmas land and meet and greet?) or Lost Continent closing for Hyrule. I could see us getting Hyrule before Pokémon or anything.
I love the Grinchmas show, and watch it repeatedly, but I don't think there's a year round demand for the show, even though it' may be the best musical show in Orlando. Same with a mini Christmas land. It has a stronger effect as a two month 'special' feel....Hyrule would be a good replacement for Lost Continent. Almost the same feel, but refreshed wuth new attractions and a bit different theme.

I think a Grinch ride and mini Christmas land would be great

Also, a rework of CiTH

I love the Grinchmas show, and watch it repeatedly, but I don't think there's a year round demand for the show, even though it' may be the best musical show in Orlando. Same with a mini Christmas land. It has a stronger effect as a two month 'special' feel....Hyrule would be a good replacement for Lost Continent. Almost the same feel, but refreshed wuth new attractions and a bit different theme.
Agreed something needs to happen with Lost Continent but I still hate the idea of the only "original" land in the park being replaced with yet another IP. I know that doesn't mean much these days though. As long as it's well done...

Sorry to revive this thread, but I was thinking about what was needed now that Velocicoaster is open and did not want to start a new thread. IOA is an incredible park that still has a major issue, outdoor rides that all shut down due to storms.

My hopes for the future of IOA is an increased focus and investment in indoor attractions and experiences, as quite frankly the park is a total bummer when the storms roll in and the few indoor experiences take on the force of all in the park.

I still think the SLOP dark ride for Toon Lagoon is ideal. Little/no R&D needed, they already converted one of the gift shops in the area to SLOP to test merch sales, plus Toon Lagoon is the only land to not have any attractions changed majorly or added since park opening. Adds an indoor ride, animatronics, high capacity. I honestly think it's the most logical choice, as any LC transformation work would mean Hagrid's queue would have to be rerouted, which I don't think they're ready to do yet. Either that or we'll see refurb work on the indoor attractions they do have like Poseidon's Fury or Cat in the Hat

Sorry to revive this thread, but I was thinking about what was needed now that Velocicoaster is open and did not want to start a new thread. IOA is an incredible park that still has a major issue, outdoor rides that all shut down due to storms.

My hopes for the future of IOA is an increased focus and investment in indoor attractions and experiences, as quite frankly the park is a total bummer when the storms roll in and the few indoor experiences take on the force of all in the park.
This. Is. Why. They. Need. Operating. Shows.

It’s a bummer on vacation when here, we often just head back to the hotel and in the days of Park to Park once HE opened, we’d just go to the Studios. They really need something indoors long term here imo.

I think IOA still needs:

- At least one large-scale, E-ticket-level show.
- An all-ages, "no height requirement" dark ride.

I still think the SLOP dark ride for Toon Lagoon is ideal.

I think USF needs SLOP (and more, honestly), but another dark ride on that general level would absolutely be appreciated in either Toon Lagoon or Seuss (or whatever eventually ends up happening with Lost Continent).

I think IOA still needs:

- At least one large-scale, E-ticket-level show.
- An all-ages, "no height requirement" dark ride.

I think USF needs SLOP (and more, honestly), but another dark ride on that general level would absolutely be appreciated in either Toon Lagoon or Seuss (or whatever eventually ends up happening with Lost Continent).

I think Toon Lagoon needs an indoor attraction, and Seuss could use another as well.

I would like the park to receive at least a handful of indoor experiences, they need to build up the roster to ensure the experience is still full and exciting even when the outdoor attractions go down.

sadly, with VC just opening, and EPIC being built down the street, I don't think IOA (or US) will be getting much love for awhile.

that being said...I think another ride and/or a complete revision of Toon Lagoon is definitely in order.
We've all discussed Zelda or another "medieval fantasy" based IP taking over the LC as well.

Even with the EC construction there is no reason they can’t put together a new show inside the Sinbad theater. What IOA needs beyond that are two indoor rides (D and E level) in the Lost Continent and Toon Lagoon areas. That would really round our that parks roster of attractions. Unfortunately we have been suggesting/urging this for years without any noticeable changes happening.

I still wonder if there’s any chance for a ride where the Lorax was once rumored to go, that section of the park getting a SLOP style dark ride would attract more guests to that area I imagine.

Imagine you're looking across the water towards Lost Continent. Behind Mythos, an ancient fort rises from the ground, with pallisades out front and sentries roaming the walls. The fort would serve both an aesthetic and practical purpose, hiding a multilevel facility inside its walls.

Mythos would still be the main restaurant, but inside you could have some quick service quiosks, warrior training playgrounds, and meet -n-greets with ancient myths (you can fudge the lines between Roman, Grecian, and ancient Arabic myths). Put a ride in the temple (probably Clash of the Titans, given that its the most famous and indelible cinematic depiction of Grecian myth to modern audiences). Finally, a quasi-Greek proscenium (indoors) that would house shows and special events.

Then put an indoor Bikini Bottom boat ride in Toon Lagoon.

EDIT: And for the love of god add some flat rides too.

Last edited:
If not said yet....a Zelda land would Rule and bring in lots of people. That would be the number one thing on my list...would not mind more them fixing cat and the hat and adding more dark rides either

Saddly with VC complete I believe they think IOA is capacity locked with attractions. Maybe a show?

It definitely is, on a good day. But in the summer, as a non-local visitor… it does become a frustrating park.

I hope they realize this and can now work to start adding indoor attractions (even if it’s over many many years)

I think outside of converting the rest of Jurassic Park to World, the next best thing would be definitely a stunt show of some kind. Hell, even something like She-Ra would work well as a temporary fix for Sinbad.

They have to throw something into Sinbad or Toon Lagoon theater. It’s insane that this park has no shows.

Dream: tear down Sinbad and put WaterWorld

They have to throw something into Sinbad or Toon Lagoon theater. It’s insane that this park has no shows.

Dream: tear down Sinbad and put WaterWorld

To bring up @Legacy..

Since the question of Waterworld’s size has popped up again...

This is Waterworld in Hollywood overlaid on Sinbad. There may be, like, a 10 foot difference in scale, but this gives you a sense of how massive that show is, how big its backstage is, and how it wouldn't just be a simple "conversion." It would nearly eradicate what remains of the market place with a dystopian future-based show. So, not a bloody chance.

Ironically, though, it fits pretty well in the Studios... where it should go.

I think retrofitting the sets with a She-Ra style stunt show, wouldn't be a terrible idea. I can see them repurpose a bit of it quite easily.