What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd rather see Herschend buy the Busch Parks, but what we want and what business decisions are made are two very different things.

Yup. Two more. I forget the other small one they're selling but they are selling one big one which is a shocker. Carowinds...
Stop spreading lies. They aren't selling any of their parks, especially Carowinds. There is no indication that they are now or any time in the foreseeable future.

If Merlin buys Busch/SeaWorld and SeaWorld becomes a completely non viable business, I would love to see it become LegoLand. I think they could do some great business in Orlando, the current park is just too far away for what it is.

But hey, that's just me.

Stop spreading lies. They aren't selling any of their parks, especially Carowinds. There is no indication that they are now or any time in the foreseeable future.
It's not a lie. It's called a rumor...from a source who is in at Carowinds. I highly doubt they're selling carowinds as well. Although I wouldn't doubt them selling the small parks.

SeaWorld is the only reason I come to Orlando, I really hope I will still have a reason to come in the next few years! I can't imagine SWO being sold if I'm honest, sure it can be a pain in the ass for SEAS sometimes, but it's also their highest attendance & most profitable park. It's like Cedar Fair selling Cedar Point.

Reactions: cwgator
It's not a lie. It's called a rumor...from a source who is in at Carowinds. I highly doubt they're selling carowinds as well. Although I wouldn't doubt them selling the small parks.
The only 2 parks I could eventually see them selling is Michigan's Adventure and Dorney as they are the 2 that haven't received much that is substantial over the last several years, and doesn't look like much for next year either.

Worlds Of Fun just got some new flats and new entrance...not going anywhere.

Valleyfair would be one that many would think as well to go. It's getting ready to have a waterpark & parking lot expansion with possible separate water park entrance. They are having to reclaim wetlands for this so I don't see that one going either with that extra investment.

California's Great America may be on that radar to some as well, but it's going through a revival with a great master plan to add several coasters and attractions so it's not leaving either.

Carowinds is about to built a hotel/resort & expand Planet Snoopy...so no it's not being sold either.

The only thing left I could see them ditching is managing Gilroy Gardens.

SeaWorld is the only reason I come to Orlando, I really hope I will still have a reason to come in the next few years! I can't imagine SWO being sold if I'm honest, sure it can be a pain in the ass for SEAS sometimes, but it's also their highest attendance & most profitable park. It's like Cedar Fair selling Cedar Point.

SeaWorld is my major reason for going to Orlando. I just don't care for much that's going on with Universal (don't care for HP), and Disney doesn't offer enough thrills for me (though I would like to go when Star Wars land opens...maybe a year or so after...lol). I also love going to the Fun Spot parks as well.

Reactions: MakoMania