What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Expecting a Sky Rocket II, hoping for an RMC.

To be honest, Sky Rocket IIs are still quite good rides, super smooth, hangtime, airtime and three launches. The only negative is the throughput.
Yep, only downside is if they use the restraints they used on Tempesto, heard those aren't very comfortable and don't allow much hangtime/airtime.

Surprising: it's going to be a whole fleet of craft beer. :thumbsup:

I'm in camp RMC, but that's merely due to that there are too many variables to act as if it's a Premier SkyRocket2.

An RMC redo themed to a brewery. Weird... but weird may be good for them. They need a weird factor to entice people.

You ride in kegs.

f40ff8de304b19fe486cb8bf309aa4b0.jpg

If this is at all ride related, the only thing I can conjure up is that Gwazi sits on the site of the old brewery. That's about all I got haha.

Reactions: MakoMania
If this were to be an RMC or anything going on the Gwazi plot, I would assume they would redo some of the area surrounding it, like where the Gwazi games are. Maybe they would build a brew house or something? I'm still not sold on an RMC. Still thinking Sky Rocket II is more likely. Very excited for this announcement though.

Here is some free beer, please sit and listen while we tell you about Howl-O-Scream, Christmastown, Food and Wine, and this embarrassing tape of Brian Morrow painting himself with glow paint

Oh yeah, and Gwazi is getting redone sooo...Please buy an AP, please...PLEASE

Reactions: danielmann910
There’s a slight chance I will sadly be wrong but it’s looking good to be an RMC because:
- Markings were spotted on Gwazi’s supports that were seen on other RMC conversions
- Acting CEO of seaworld was spotted riding RMC coasters
- The names that were patented sound RMC-ish (Twisted Tiger = Twisted Timbers = Twisted Colossus)

(We could all be wrong and it’s just a beer festival :_:)

Last edited:
Reactions: shiekra38
They'll announce a brewery and then we'll be begging for a Sky Rocket II.

Perhaps they are just linking back to the park's alcoholic history, and nothing more.

Surely they cannot have deployed these hype packages for some sort of in park event?

I will be very interested to see what happens on Monday.

Perhaps they are just linking back to the park's alcoholic history, and nothing more.

Surely they cannot have deployed these hype packages for some sort of in park event?

I will be very interested to see what happens on Monday.

Food for thought, what if they go with the vibe of that the station will be as if it's an old Brewing Company, that suddenly has something bad happen to it (like Tigers from the Zoo storming in, destroying the equipment), and that we follow the path of the tiger's as the coaster goes around twice, ala Twisted Colossus?

It could be their chance to take away the records of Worlds Longest Dueling Hybrid, and that they could even take opportunities to have a huge draw for Busch Gardens, in the way Montu, Sheikra, and Cheetah Hunt are.

Last edited:
Interesting they would replace tidal wave and put it in the section of the park that already has 2 rides next to it (including another big coaster) instead of putting it in the section of the park where the only ride (besides that kiddie ride) is SBNO.

Also the permits say they are just removing the ride and no trees, buildings, or anything else. Just the supports, footers, etc.

Reactions: Kraken&Manta