What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For what it’s worth, it seems Busch Gardens Williamsburg are getting a major dark ride of some description to replace Curse of DarKastle in 2023.

They could easily build a Sesame St screen ride on the cheap, not that I expect that to happen.

Interesting you bring up a Sesame Street dark ride, because I heard rumors that the original plan (pre-pandemic) for Sea World Orlando after the Penguin Coaster Project was to build a dark ride similar to Sesame Street: Street Mission at PortAventura. (as seen in the video down below).

I would say it is more possible than ever to have a successful dark ride at a regional park thanks to Sally

I mean, if friggin Legoland can figure it out then SWP could figure it out

Yah, Sally can make some charming dark rides. I think Sesame Street: Street Mission is likely their best attraction, so having something small like that at Sea World parks would be nice.

Reactions: shiekra38
Interesting you bring up a Sesame Street dark ride, because I heard rumors that the original plan (pre-pandemic) for Sea World Orlando after the Penguin Coaster Project was to build a dark ride similar to Sesame Street: Street Mission at PortAventura. (as seen in the video down below).

Yah, Sally can make some charming dark rides. I think Sesame Street: Street Mission is likely their best attraction, so having something small like that at Sea World parks would be nice.

This is exactly the sort of thing I was thinking.

To clarify some of my previous comments earlier on in the thread

I don't agree that SWP should attempt another DarKastle, JTA (ORL), big-ish budget dark ride

DarKastle was basically a poor man's Spiderman and JTA was allowed to age to the point of being difficult to maintain the effects ( there were a lot more effects than people give it credit for)

In other words, I think there are NOW more available, smaller tier, dark rides that didn't exist back in the early 2000's

Reactions: BuschAfrica
I don't know where else to post this, but does anyone know if they'll actually bring back the shuttle service from Universal to Busch that I'm assuming the pandemic halted?

Reactions: anihilnation
To clarify some of my previous comments earlier on in the thread

I don't agree that SWP should attempt another DarKastle, JTA (ORL), big-ish budget dark ride

DarKastle was basically a poor man's Spiderman and JTA was allowed to age to the point of being difficult to maintain the effects ( there were a lot more effects than people give it credit for)

In other words, I think there are NOW more available, smaller tier, dark rides that didn't exist back in the early 2000's

While I agree with they should aim with a smaller tier dark ride instead of a big budget one, I think DarKastle was a better attempt at a 4D darkride than various others. (At least the initial version, the updated scenes they put in later have some clear issues.), and unlike the likes of Antarctica etc, they delivered on a respectable dark ride which I have to commend since that was a bold move at the time.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
While I agree with they should aim with a smaller tier dark ride instead of a big budget one, I think DarKastle was a better attempt at a 4D darkride than various others. (At least the initial version, the updated scenes they put in later have some clear issues.), and unlike the likes of Antarctica etc, they delivered on a respectable dark ride which I have to commend since that was a bold move at the time.
Ironically, that was a direct quote from Mark Rose at an ACE ERT event when I asked him if BGT would ever get a DarKastle type ride. He said "no, I don't think so, DarKastle was basically a poor man's Spiderman."

For what it’s worth, it seems Busch Gardens Williamsburg are getting a major dark ride of some description to replace Curse of DarKastle in 2023.

I read about that, looks like it has a lot of potential... Hopefully Busch Gardens is willing to make the investment to make it a unique, well-themed ride. I kinda wish BGT would do something similar by enclosing Sand Serpent.

I would say it is more possible than ever to have a successful dark ride at a regional park thanks to Sally

I mean, if friggin Legoland can figure it out then SWP could figure it out
Yess my thoughts exactly... Busch Gardens (and maybe now SeaWorld) is the only major park in the southeast without some sort of motion-base or dark ride--and that's including Legoland, Kennedy Space Center, and even ICON park. At this point it's a glaring omission from their lineup and it's something people on review sites and the annual pass holder page complain about constantly, so there's clearly demand for it. I think a Sally dark ride (preferably a non-shooting one) in either the Akbar Adventure Tours or Tidal Wave plot would be a perfect fit for the park.

I'm interested to see how the SeaWorld Parks "respond" to EU in 2025 and the hard date that has been set

By respond, I mean building additions that continue to keep them in the conversation

IMO SW and BGT could benefit greatly from EU's opening if they commit to continue building headliner coasters

Important to note that there is a Screamin Swing that is ready to be popped up whenever and BGT's anniversary is in 2024

2022 is owned by IG, it deserves it

2023 seems right to expect the Screamin Swing

2024 will be fun, festive, and bone crushing beats (and also a great time to announce something like they did with IG)

2025....big girl

I imagine the Surf Coaster will open somewhere in here as well

Assuming this goes after the splash down maybe? That track gets hit with water every time I train passes

That water splash sets it apart from most coasters, plus it meant they could remove a water ride since now they had a new way for people to stand in a splash zone. Whatever the cost of a track section or two, it's well worth it to keep that splash.

That water splash sets it apart from most coasters, plus it meant they could remove a water ride since now they had a new way for people to stand in a splash zone. Whatever the cost of a track section or two, it's well worth it to keep that splash.
I agree, it would be missed if it wasn't there

It's also a clever way to slow the train down a bit

Bottom line, I'm glad BGT/SW is putting so much love into their coasters rather than cuts or letting them get disheveled

Reactions: Cheezbat
I wonder if it will feel like driving on a newly paved stretch of road when going over that section? Although if they're not doing anything to the trains themselves I don't know if there'd be a difference.

Reactions: shiekra38