Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Where's this photo taken from?

Skold

VIP Member
Feb 17, 2016
In the last two years or so, there have been about 10 families that we know go to UO. It's awesome, as they recount my wife's FB posts as inspiration and ask us for tips.

So, our one friend posted this awesome pic, and i have having trouble figuring out where he even could have taken it from!

First the pic (apologies for the resolution, Paint for the crop for the win)!
ioa.png

Castle looks awesome though, and he's getting all the "Likes" as the kids say.

So where is this from? My guess is in the spoiler, but please post your ideas. i want to ask my wife to respond w/ "oh nice. from that place." (i'm off the grid and don't do that stuff).

My answer:
That's gotta be from Cowfish second floor porch, right?

In the last two years or so, there have been about 10 families that we know go to UO. It's awesome, as they recount my wife's FB posts as inspiration and ask us for tips.

So, our one friend posted this awesome pic, and i have having trouble figuring out where he even could have taken it from!

First the pic (apologies for the resolution, Paint for the crop for the win)!
View attachment 3564

Castle looks awesome though, and he's getting all the "Likes" as the kids say.

So where is this from? My guess is in the spoiler, but please post your ideas. i want to ask my wife to respond w/ "oh nice. from that place." (i'm off the grid and don't do that stuff).

My answer:
That's gotta be from Cowfish second floor porch, right?

I originally thought from the second floor looking through the old concert venue, but I agree with yours more.

I'd say balcony of Cowfish.

It's not cowfish, there's no building that would be in front of cowfish on the right side. I'm still working on this one.

ss 2017-01-26 at 12.59.34 PM.jpg

Looking at google maps it seems to me to be taken from the west second floor outdoor seating area of Cowfish. It's looking through the main CityWalk plaza, to the left of Toothsome all the way back to Hogwarts.

Second floor NBC Grill.
The line of sight doesn't match for it to be that far west.

Doesn't it have to be looking through the plaza though? That vertical structure in the foreground on the left boundary is only found in the plaza.

You're right....

I looked into it more and it seems it makes sense that it's 2nd floor of Cowfish.

I don't suppose asking where he took the pic was an option..

Haha, i guess!

i'd totally be up for people asking this about pics though, because i do it myself for every pic i see here or on Magic. This is one of the few i wasn't 100% certain on.