Wicked (2024 film) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Wicked (2024 film)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wicked the musical is getting nationwide ads on television. Usually I wouldn't be surprised but they haven't put nationwide ads out for the show that regularly sells out since 2007. Not just on NBC but also FOX. I would figure we should get casting news or news on the movie here in the next few weeks based on the push. See the musical before the movie etc....

Nicole Scherzinger ‘In Talks To Play Elphaba’ In ‘Wicked’ Film Adaptation | The Huffington Post

She has performed on the West End before in the show Cats and was nominated for an Oliver Award.
Can't they just pick someone directly from Broadway?! The only risk is not picking actors/actresses with the right experience. Also, for Elphaba, someone that can sing, not another unwanted Beauty and the Beast scenario with Emma Watson! Hollywood appears to be blind these days.....

I'm still rooting for Lady Gaga as Elphaba. She has a witch-y profile and can sing.

She just played a witch on AHS:
39278C3100000578-3824597-image-m-3_1475736855693.jpg

Kristin physically looks too old. Also Idina can sing but sometimes she can't and I don't think they want a let it go moment like on NYE 2015. Gaga won't be able to do it as she has a concert tour and filming A Star is Born.

My casting for Wicked would be:
Galinda aka Glinda: Dove Cameron, Allie Mauzey
Elphaba: China McClain/Samantha Barks/Lea Michele (I hate her but she is good)/Stefani Germanotta (most likely won't happen)
Fiyero: Aaron Trevit, Diego Boneta, Darren Criss or Leslie Odom Jr (Fiyero in the book is dark skinned fyi so Leslie would be going back to the roots)
Doctor Dillarmond: Idris Elba, Ken Watanbe, Titus Burgess, Ian Mckellan
The Wizard: Christoph Waltz; Hugh Jackman, John Leguizamo
Madame Morrible: Uzo Aduba, Bernadette Peters, Jennifer Hudson or Lea Salonge
Nessarose: Hailee Steinfield/ Jenna Ushkowitz/Keke Palmer/actress who actually is in a wheelchair
Boq: Tom Holland, Jamie Bell

Last edited:
Kristin physically looks too old. Also Idina can sing but sometimes she can't and I don't think they want a let it go moment like on NYE 2015. Gaga won't be able to do it as she has a concert tour and filming A Star is Born.

My casting for Wicked would be:
Galinda aka Glinda: Dove Cameron, Allie Mauzey
Elphaba: China McClain/Samantha Barks/Lea Michele (I hate her but she is good)/Stefani Germanotta (most likely won't happen)
Fiyero: Aaron Trevit, Diego Boneta, Darren Criss or Leslie Odom Jr (Fiyero in the book is dark skinned fyi so Leslie would be going back to the roots)
Doctor Dillarmond: Idris Elba, Ken Watanbe, Titus Burgess, Ian Mckellan
The Wizard: Christoph Waltz; Hugh Jackman, John Leguizamo
Madame Morrible: Uzo Aduba, Bernadette Peters, Jennifer Hudson or Lea Salonge
Nessarose: Hailee Steinfield/ Jenna Ushkowitz/Keke Palmer/actress who actually is in a wheelchair
Boq: Tom Holland, Jamie Bell
I dig your supporting character choices more than your leads. Uzo, John Leguizamo, and Ken Watanabe are aces in that they’d be a little unconventional but make perfect sense. I’d also be all for Leslie Odom Jr as Fiyero (though that’s unlikely to happen), and Aaron Tveit’s unavailable because of Moulin Rouge.

I just really want the film to hew a little closer to the film, especially with Fiyero. It always bugged me that the musical completely ignored that Fiyero is a Vinkus prince and, yeah, married.

At the very least, maybe we can get the tiger sex scene.

I dig your supporting character choices more than your leads. Uzo, John Leguizamo, and Ken Watanabe are aces in that they’d be a little unconventional but make perfect sense. I’d also be all for Leslie Odom Jr as Fiyero (though that’s unlikely to happen), and Aaron Tveit’s unavailable because of Moulin Rouge.

I just really want the film to hew a little closer to the film, especially with Fiyero. It always bugged me that the musical completely ignored that Fiyero is a Vinkus prince and, yeah, married.

At the very least, maybe we can get the tiger sex scene.

Universal would avoid doing it especially due to the fact right now Wicked is considered a family IP but a more adultish Wicked could be pretty darn good.

I wouldn’t mind seeing some fresh talent. Cast bigger names in the supporting roles, but elphie (and Glinda) should be cattle calls, imo. The format works; Hairspray, Moana, even Harry Potter. Wicked is big enough to put butts in the seats and people like “discovering” new talent.

Reactions: LJGonz