Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Wicker Man/SW8 (Alton Towers)

The only woodie I've ridden is the bone and eyeball rattling Gwazi. I came of that feeling like a freight train had hit me. How does it compare?

Chalk and cheese. After my last ride on Gwazi I came off battered, bruised and with the mother of all headaches, I vowed never to ride again, thankfully I didn't and now will never have to again.

The only ride I have ridden that was worse than Gwazi is Furious Baco at Aventura. Brutal.

Chalk and cheese. After my last ride on Gwazi I came off battered, bruised and with the mother of all headaches, I vowed never to ride again, thankfully I didn't and now will never have to again.

The only ride I have ridden that was worse than Gwazi is Furious Baco at Aventura. Brutal.
You'll get to ride three classic woodies at Kennywood when you come to America in August. And all three are good. Jack Rabbit, built in 1920. The Racer built in 1927. And the Thunderbolt (1968) , which incorporated part of the "The Pippen (1924) in it's superstructure. Back in it's earlier days, the NY Times named The Thunderbolt the Best Coaster in the World. The Jack Rabbit, The Racer & The Pippen were all designed by the legendary John Miller.