"Wild Days" Kicks off 2014 at SeaWorld Orlando | Inside Universal Forums

"Wild Days" Kicks off 2014 at SeaWorld Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

bobwadd

V.I.P. Member
Feb 20, 2010
You never know
New "Wild Days" Event Kicks off 2014 at SeaWorld Orlando

Everyone at SeaWorld Orlando is excited to kick off a new year, and we couldn't think of a better way to celebrate than with an all-new event that focuses on the best part of our park - our animals!

You'll be able to connect even deeper to animals and the wonderful world we share during Wild Days, weekends January 11 through January 26, 2014. Families can enjoy three weekends of interactive shows and up-close animal encounters and meet the leaders in the world of animal rescue and rehabilitation, celebrate penguins and immerse themselves in all things animals!

All Wild Days shows are included with park admission with show times at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Here's the inside scoop on all the awesome shows and highlights guests can experience this month during Wild Days:

Wild Days includes:

January 11-12: Jack Hanna Weekend

Join “Jungle Jack” for a wild weekend of furry and feathered fun. Recognized around the world for his boundless enthusiasm for animals and conservation, Jack Hanna helps us share in his wondrous connection to wildlife and the world we share.

January 18-19: Sea Rescue Weekend

Meet the leaders in the world of animal rescue and rehabilitation as they share incredible stories that have been featured on the national show, Sea Rescue. Our Animal Rescue team is on call 24/7, 365 days a year to help ill or injured animals, and for nearly 40 years the team has rescued more than 23,000 animals. Featured animal rescue stories will include: turtles, flamingos, manatees, pilot whales and dolphins.

January 25-26: Penguin Lovers' Weekend with Julie Scardina

Penguin Lovers of the world unite! Don’t miss this refreshingly fun and educational weekend centered around penguins. Join SeaWorld Animal Ambassador Julie Scardina as she shares her lifelong love of animals and the parks’ commitment to wildlife conservation and as well as tell stories of her trips around the globe from continent to continent.

During this weeked, penguin lovers will have the special chance to virtually dance like a penguin, walk side by side with a penguin colony, and star in shareable Antarctica photo opportunities at the coolest “ice” block party found at the park's newest attraction, Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin.

Other Wild Days Highlights:

New! Shamu Up Close

Celebrate the beauty and wonder of killer whales at the never-before-seen Shamu Up Close experience. It’s an intimate and moving look at the whales, our trainers and the awe-inspiring bond between them. In this unparalleled experience, we invite you behind the scenes into a fascinating world, with walkthrough killer whale viewing all day, complimented by even more enhanced encounters. Shamu Up Close is the living story of SeaWorld and our passionate commitment to the care of these extraordinary animals and their ocean world. This is your opportunity to be a part of SeaWorld like you never have before.

New! Trainer Talks

Learn from the our Animal Training team what it takes to care for whales, sea lions, walruses and other animals that call SeaWorld home, and how caring for them has helped with the rescue and rehabilitation of other injured animals. Trainer Talks will take place at key locations in the park. Check park maps for times and locations.

New offer on the Wild Days stuff. Buy one get one free Fun Card on select dates when you bring a recycle product. Looks like I'm going to be getting a pass to Sea World.

Buy a Fun Card and get one free when you recycle a Coca-Cola can or bottle
Connect even deeper to animals and the wonderful world we share during Wild Days, an all-new event at SeaWorld® Orlando happening weekends January 11 through January 26, 2014. Families can enjoy three weekends of interactive shows and up-close animal encounters and meet the leaders in the world of animal rescue and rehabilitation, celebrate penguins and immerse themselves in what they love about SeaWorld – our animals!
The best way to experience Wild Days is with a 2014 SeaWorld Fun Card. During event days only, buy one Fun Card and get one FREE at the gate with any recyclable can or bottle from any Coca-Cola beverage product. Fun Card holders can enjoy unlimited access to all three weekends of Wild Days and all of the amazing special events throughout the entire year, plus the unforgettable animal encounters, world-class thrill rides and family fun found only at SeaWorld.
Bring a recyclable can or bottle from a Coca-Cola beverage product to SeaWorld and when you purchase a Fun Card, you get one FREE. This exclusive offer is only available on event days at the park.
To receive your Free Fun Card when you purchase one, you must bring an empty recyclable can or bottle from a Coca-Cola beverage product to the front gate on Jan 11, 12, 18, 19, 25 or 26, 2014.

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/Events/Wild-Days

New offer on the Wild Days stuff. Buy one get one free Fun Card on select dates when you bring a recycle product. Looks like I'm going to be getting a pass to Sea World.

Buy a Fun Card and get one free when you recycle a Coca-Cola can or bottle
Connect even deeper to animals and the wonderful world we share during Wild Days, an all-new event at SeaWorld® Orlando happening weekends January 11 through January 26, 2014. Families can enjoy three weekends of interactive shows and up-close animal encounters and meet the leaders in the world of animal rescue and rehabilitation, celebrate penguins and immerse themselves in what they love about SeaWorld – our animals!
The best way to experience Wild Days is with a 2014 SeaWorld Fun Card. During event days only, buy one Fun Card and get one FREE at the gate with any recyclable can or bottle from any Coca-Cola beverage product. Fun Card holders can enjoy unlimited access to all three weekends of Wild Days and all of the amazing special events throughout the entire year, plus the unforgettable animal encounters, world-class thrill rides and family fun found only at SeaWorld.
Bring a recyclable can or bottle from a Coca-Cola beverage product to SeaWorld and when you purchase a Fun Card, you get one FREE. This exclusive offer is only available on event days at the park.
To receive your Free Fun Card when you purchase one, you must bring an empty recyclable can or bottle from a Coca-Cola beverage product to the front gate on Jan 11, 12, 18, 19, 25 or 26, 2014.

http://seaworldparks.com/en/seaworld-orlando/Events/Wild-Days
Where does it say that on the site, I didn't see it, and only heard of it here.

- - - Updated - - -

But they are doing BOGO tours!

Where does it say that on the site, I didn't see it, and only heard of it here.

I got an e-mail about it, too, which links directly to the "Free Fun Card" page, so you can check that. But if you click on his link, you can see tabs below the scrolling picture and above the article on the middle of the page. Click the one that says "Free Fun Card." :thumbs:

I got an e-mail about it, too, which links directly to the "Free Fun Card" page, so you can check that. But if you click on his link, you can see tabs below the scrolling picture and above the article on the middle of the page. Click the one that says "Free Fun Card." :thumbs:

My blind eyes can see!!

My blind eyes can see!!

Don't worry I didn't believe it either, that's a heck of a deal. We're going to be getting our 4 passes and probably doing at least one of the tours. Way too good of a deal to pass up. One question though, I thought Fun Card had blackout days before, I looked everywhere and couldn't find any mention of it now.

Don't worry I didn't believe it either, that's a heck of a deal. We're going to be getting our 4 passes and probably doing at least one of the tours. Way too good of a deal to pass up. One question though, I thought Fun Card had blackout days before, I looked everywhere and couldn't find any mention of it now.

To my knowledge, Fun Cards have never had blackout days :shrug:

SeaWorld has never had blackout dates for anything (at least for the past two years). Even for Universal employees who get in free with ID are never blocked out (though SeaWorld employees are blocked out from Universal for their blackout dates).

It's been over 6 years since I had a season pass and thought I remembered having blackout dates. Very happy that's not the case.

A few behind the scenes shot's from SeaWorld's - Wild Days! media event . . .

BTS-014.jpg

Pinniped transport cage
BTS-001.jpg

Transport unit for dolphins and other like marine mammals
BTS-003.jpg

Rescue and support vehicles
BTS-005.jpg

BTS-013.jpg

BTS-015.jpg

Sea turtle rehab area
BTS-006.jpg

BTS-007.jpg

Jon Peterson "JP" talks in detail about SeaWorld's rescue and rehab efforts
BTS-012.jpg

Manatee rehab tanks
BTS-010.jpg

BTS-011.jpg

Water filtration and conditioning infrastructure
BTS-002.jpg

BTS-009.jpg

Misc shots
BTS-004.jpg

BTS-016.jpg

BTS-008.jpg

After the behind the scenes tour of SeaRescue North we headed over to the first showing of the Blue Horizon's Show . . .

One of the trainers and the host of the show
BH-001.jpg

A short training exercise with the rescued pilot whales before the main show
BH-002.jpg

BH-003.jpg

BH-004.jpg

At this point in the show the hope to incorporate the pilot whales into the show
BH-005.jpg

BH-006.jpg

BH-007.jpg

BH-008.jpg

BH-009.jpg

BH-010.jpg

The Grande Finale
BH-011.jpg

A trainer came up after the show for a private Q&A session with the media
BH-012.jpg

BH-013.jpg

Tonight we'll look at some pics of the first "Jungle" Jack Hanna show . . .

Jack talking about Dawn and that documentary
JHS-001.jpg

Owl Monkey
JHS-002.jpg

Brazilian Common Marmosets
JHS-003.jpg

Columbian Common Marmoset
JHS-004.jpg

Snow Leopard
JHS-005.jpg

Jack's daughter Julie with a Palm Civet
JHS-006.jpg

JHS-007.jpg

Cheetah
JHS-008.jpg

Lemur
JHS-009.jpg

Amur Leopard
JHS-010.jpg

American Bald Eagle
JHS-011.jpg

Juvenile American Bald Eagle
JHS-012.jpg

Once again, American Bald Eagle
JHS-013.jpg

Dromedary Camel
JHS-014.jpg

Jack holding an autograph session after the show
JHS-015.jpg

Reactions: Felipe
^ That guy rarely touches anything more than a house pet these days. Anyone remember when he was in his 20's and 30's and would appear on Carson and act all dumb yet kinda smart? He still tries it, but at his current age, it doesn't work any longer, he just seems like an idiot and waste of time. I'm sure he has made a ton of money.

I learn more about exotic beasts (human and otherwise) watching Anthony Bourdain. (make all the snooty jokes you want)

PS: For you younger folks, I am not talking about Carson Daly

Great pics, Bob! Thanks for sharing! :thumbs:

I'm still hoping to get out there before the end of the event and also to take advantage of their 2 for 1 Fun Card offer for my family members who don't have an AP like myself.