Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Winter’s Night: The Haunting of Hawthorn Cemetery

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
As snow falls on this normally serene gothic cemetery, the deceased souls that occupy its confines come out to prey.

Discuss Here!

I certainly hope that the angels from Doctor Who make an unofficial appearance. Those masks in the preview photo we got looks too much like them.

I certainly hope that the angels from Doctor Who make an unofficial appearance. Those masks in the preview photo we got looks too much like them.

Yea, they look exactly like the Weeping Angels.

Which brings me to my next point...a Doctor Who monster house would be flippin' amazing.

I love the concept, I REALLY hate the name, it just doesnt strike me as a haunted house name. Maybe something gothic sounding, or calling it by the name of he cemetary with a sub title Hawthorn Cemetary: Dead Arisen...I dunno just not winter's night, bleh

Does anyone think this might be reminiscent of the Legendary Truth house? I mean, this certainly seems like a traditional "ghost" house, very much like the Wyandot Estate...

Does anyone think this might be reminiscent of the Legendary Truth house? I mean, this certainly seems like a traditional "ghost" house, very much like the Wyandot Estate...

I just hope it's a little grimmer in presentation - more gore, better masks, etc. Legendary Truth had some very creative scares, but the lack of death and grotesqueness felt strange.

I think that is your Dr. Who reference...I don't think it will be anything more than this.

Definitely. One or two "Weeping Angels" in the house.

I just hope it's a little grimmer in presentation - more gore, better masks, etc. Legendary Truth had some very creative scares, but the lack of death and grotesqueness felt strange.

Meh, gore isn't necessary as long as the scares are good.

If they make this as good as the Wolfman.... I will be happy. This is the house that to me says "Halloween."
LT was horrible.... should have been epic. Lots of hallway with nothing happening, and if you went through at the wrong time you saw nothing. If I hadn't taken the tour and knew what to look for I could have missed it all.

I think "Winter's Night" sounds like a beautiful house name. It's chillling and perfect for a graveyard haunt. I agree that the Weeping Angels will likely be all the Who we'll get. It doesn't remind me at all of Legendary Truth though and I seriously hope it's better (not like that'll take much). The problem with LT was that is lost it's direction. So one guy from the pseudo-Ghost Hunters team is all we get? Aside from the awful masks and ridiculous rave ending, they should have had more ghost Seekers throughout the house being terrorized, poltergeisted, and Stigmataed--I know the last two aren't actual words but you get my point.

I have a feeling this haunt will be more Dead Silence than Legendary Truth.

LT scares - have a guy go sliding by. Any good house scares - have a scareactor screaming in my face. I really think that this could be a great house with an atmosphere to back it. As long as the actors have some good masks and are placed well, this could be a great haunt.

Yeti is right, in my opinion. Although LT makes me feel like I'm watching a better version of Ghost Hunters. Anyway, Im excited for this house and everyone else should be. The description is great. There's not one house I don't want to go through this year.

Yeti is right, in my opinion. Although LT makes me feel like I'm watching a better version of Ghost Hunters. Anyway, Im excited for this house and everyone else should be. The description is great. There's not one house I don't want to go through this year.

I'm not really excited for In-Between, but that's the only one. I've been in 3-D houses before outside of HHN, and they just don't appeal to me.

But everything else looks very promising so far.

This is one of my most-anticipated houses. As for Legendary Truth, I was in the camp that saw nothing unfortunately and didn't get a chance to go through the house a second time. Is that the house where the ""ghosts" were on roller skates?