Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 254 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it has to do with something a competitor does. So, what does Disney do that Universal would need to emulate or improve on for Potter?

RFID ticketing for Hogwarts Express?

But Disney doesn't charge for trams, so no ticketing/tracking system there. Maybe it's something to do with tram systems, but not necessarily ticketing? :shrug:

The more I think about it, the more the Hogwarts Express is looking like an exclusive ride for people with 2-park tickets. I don't think they'll do away with 1-park/day tix (There's still a market for that, I'm sure), but instead I'm leaning towards a theory where there's a "tix upgrade booth" at each station. I don't think they will be able to allow 1-park/day tix holders to ride and come back. That would cause huge congestion problems and be a mess. At Disney, the parks are much farther away from each other, and the tram stations are outside the park, so any heavy traffic and congestion in the trams doesn't affect the parks much at all. But with the stations being within the parks at Uni, that could be a BIG mess for park operations, especially in the smaller spaces that Uni is working with, and the tighter spaces designed for the Wizarding World(s).

Last edited:
When can we expect Universal to officially announce this with concept art and attraction details? I assume they will announce this and Transformers together. Is next summer possible for grand opening or is Summer 2014 more likely?

Well, it has to do with something a competitor does. So, what does Disney do that Universal would need to emulate or improve on for Potter?

Staggering the opening of overrated expansion phases, construction at a snail's pace, taking budget away from a coaster to make a M&G...... :shifty:

When can we expect Universal to officially announce this with concept art and attraction details? I assume they will announce this and Transformers together. Is next summer possible for grand opening or is Summer 2014 more likely?

Next Summer is probably the best bet for a Potter announcement. :thumbs:

Alright, here come the pics.

This is the tower crane base in the front corner next to Disaster
2ed1ttx.jpg

The second base over by FFL
x2km81.jpg

A look across at the water front (because construction workers were relaxing on the steps at the other side at the moment)
34rd5l1.jpg

Now back to the good side...
2l8uc5i.jpg

And one more
168v13q.jpg

The finish on the wall looks really good. Can't wait to see the finished product in a month or two!

Reactions: BJCool and Felipe

Late next year for an announcement, around the same time in 2014 for opening. Possibly pushed to 2015.

You know, I'm thinking if they can do a Hogwarts Express between the two parks and make it work as a glorified transportation system, SURELY they could bring back Island Skipper Tours. Especially since they have all those skippers from Jaws who could easily tell the story of IOA while transporting people across the lagoon.

Thanks for the pics Mike. Gosh, soon there are going to be more cranes in USF than Andrew Garfield swung from in The Amazing Spiderman :lol:

Thanks for the pics, maxairmike! :rep:

Maybe the waterline will be at a higher level, Teebin? Otherwise, I hope they dig a little more in that spot or it'll be too shallow and noticeable.

Can't wait for the next update, hatetofly! :thumbs:

TMaybe the waterline will be at a higher level, Teebin? Otherwise, I hope they dig a little more in that spot or it'll be too shallow and noticeable.

The line I drew is exactly the high tide mark of Victoria Embankment in London. Plus, it wouldn't make much sense to create those beautiful cornices only to hide them underwater. I too hope that they dig down a few feet.

The line I drew is exactly the high tide mark of Victoria Embankment in London. Plus, it wouldn't make much sense to create those beautiful cornices only to hide them underwater. I too hope that they dig down a few feet.

I think they would have done that already. Isn't the crane gone?

I think they would have done that already. Isn't the crane gone?

We apparently have two tower cranes going in. Their reach is vast to lower a mini backhoe. Also, remember that they have a whole lot of steel portadams to remove from the lagoon. Those were assembled on land in 8-10' sections and then put in place by crane.

So there, "and two pair of pants". :thumbs:

Where in hell is Hatetofly and his pictures? Orange county detention?

:lol: They are loading now. Going to apologize in advance as my update is not going to be very good. I didn't get to the park until near sun down and several sections I normally take photos were actually blocked off due to, pest control?? Had an emergency with my puppy today and it set me back with the vet about 4 hours. BTW everything is good and he is alright just sore.

Status
Not open for further replies.