Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 562 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if when you return from Hogsmeade they dump you into London, and not Diagon ? Then yes, you would need to enter the line to enter Diagon. I can also be sure that as well that all of the ticket windows will be required to let the guests know that they need to have a PTP admission to ride HE. This would not be acceptable any other way. Again, just saying.......what do I know.....

It has already been said that you will be let off at London, as well as mentioned that you will still need to get into a line to go into Diagon. The question is though, will there be TWO seperate lines- a line to get into Diagon for those that rode the train into London, & 1 for people who are coming in through the USF side?

Yeah, before was way better. No crowds.

- - - Updated - - -

Really?!?!? So only thrilling rides are geared to above 8 year olds?!? Neither Gringott or HE will be kiddie rides. They will be geared to 5 to 99 people. Will younger than 5 years olds ride both? Probably. HE more since it won't have a height requirement. But just because it is a family ride does not mean it is meant for 8 and under crowd!!!

Please, you know what I meant, But i'll clean it up if you're really offended by it.
It kills me that this isn't going to be thrilling, because of the fact that nothing Uni has in the pipeline is specifically for the Thrill Seeker crowd.

Please, you know what I meant, But i'll clean it up if you're really offended by it.
It kills me that this isn't going to be thrilling, because of the fact that nothing Uni has in the pipeline is specifically for the Thrill Seeker crowd.

But that's their entire park makeup. IoA is known as the thrill park, and Universal is thought of as pretty thrill-filled too. I'm not saying that they're aren't any 'family rides', but those are limited to things like E.T. for the most part. This would be the go-between from Mummy to E.T., and it will help Universal compete with Disney a bit more, because people will begin to think less that 'Universal's for teenagers', and that it could possibly work for a family.

EDIT:
And I'd add the Transformers sounds like it'll be a pretty nice thrill.

But that's their entire park makeup. IoA is known as the thrill park, and Universal is thought of as pretty thrill-filled too. I'm not saying that they're aren't any 'family rides', but those are limited to things like E.T. for the most part. This would be the go-between from Mummy to E.T., and it will help Universal compete with Disney a bit more, because people will begin to think less that 'Universal's for teenagers', and that it could possibly work for a family.

Despite how I might come off, I support "Family" rides, they are fun rides. But the fact remains that you still need to build thrill rides to appease the base that supported you through the "dark times".

FJ was the last "Thrilling" ride, which opened in 2010, the earliest we could see another is 6-7-8 years at the earliest from that date.

Despite how I might come off, I support "Family" rides, they are fun rides. But the fact remains that you still need to build thrill rides to appease the base that supported you through the "dark times".

FJ was the last "Thrilling" ride, which opened in 2010, the earliest we could see another is 6-7-8 years at the earliest from that date.

You dont consider Transformers thrilling?

Ok so, two things:

1. IMO, when Coup says that the Gringotts experience will be based off of the first movie, I think he's referring to the fact that there is nothing "family friendly" about Harry's visit to the bank in the last movie. Heck, he's under an invisibility cloak while they sneak in, because they're Undesirables at that point. They're being hunted! That doesn't scream "family friendly experience." And it also doesn't seem like a way to base a ride experience.
In the first movie, however, Harry experiences everything a theme park guest would WANT to experience. It's a guest's first time seeing Gringotts just like it was Harry's. That is a more suitable movie to draw inspiration from.

2. Not that it's happened recently (although it kind of has), but who gives a s*** if you "called it" 2 years ago or 10 years ago about what was going where or any of that nonsense. Sure, props to you, you were right. But can we stop posting things like that? Celebrate in private because you "just saying" that you called it is getting annoying... "Just saying."

Not really sure what the problem is. They're chock full of thrill rides.

And who cares if it's not thrilling if it's a groundbreaking attraction that everyone is going to want to ride? To complain about that is baffling.

And who cares if it's not thrilling if it's a groundbreaking attraction that everyone is going to want to ride? To complain about that is baffling.

:iagree: While I would understand if we were complaining about another spinner (or the like) at Disney World, we're talking about Universal which, let's face it, could use some demographic diversity in it's ride types. As long as it's a brilliant, engaging ride that seems different, I will be happy.
I'm trying to determine what that covered side on the right will be. It's really baffling me, as I can't think of a location mentioned in the books or shown in the movies that's anything like that in the Alley... :shrug:

You dont consider Transformers thrilling?

Not really, A faster Spiderman is what it is.

That's like saying "Magic Kingdom doesn't need another E-Ticket ever after '92 because they're chock full of them.

And I'm not complaining about the ride, I'm complaining about the trend.

:iagree: While I would understand if we were complaining about another spinner (or the like) at Disney World, we're talking about Universal which, let's face it, could use some demographic diversity in it's ride types. As long as it's a brilliant, engaging ride that seems different, I will be happy.
I'm trying to determine what that covered side on the right will be. It's really baffling me, as I can't think of a location mentioned in the books or shown in the movies that's anything like that in the Alley... :shrug:

Someone else brought up the possibility that it could be London, and not inside DA.

I also agree that Uni does not need to cram every available space with thrill rides. Remember they started without coasters or anything like that. I am happy if they find more ways to fit in a good story that teens and adults would actually enjoy, in a ride that kids can go on too. Coasters is a relatively new concept for them, and the parks ended up with a lot of them. I love them, but they are not a coaster park. This is Uni we are talking about, I want to see innovation and diversity.

- - - Updated - - -

That's like saying "Magic Kingdom doesn't need another E-Ticket ever after '92 because they're chock full of them.

And I'm not complaining about the ride, I'm complaining about the trend.

E-Ticket does not mean thrill ride. They can add E-Tickets that kids and grandparents can ride too. :thumbs:

I think a lot of you are making assumptions before we even have an idea of what the ride experience will be like. I prefer to wait until I actually experience something to pass any judgment.

Cheetah Hunt was built to be "family friendly" and that's a pretty kickass ride.

The term "thrilling" is a little broad also because it can be both physical and mental. Everyone will have their own definition of what is thrilling.

Surely it's down to an individuals 'perspective' on whether a ride 'thrills' or not...

I regard FJ as a thrill ride because it thrilled the socks off of me. Gringots I suspect I may not even be able to ride as I can't do coasters. So that would be a 'scared sh******s' ride for me.

Heck, the first time I did ET I clung on for dear life. And I regard myself as a well-adjusted mature 40y old. Nobody else does, but I do. :lol:

Were also forgetting its going to be an E-ticket, so they wouldnt put anything less than super spectacular in a mega-huge building. I forsee it being SUPER AWESOME & Im not the least bit worried.

Nope, I said E-ticket 2 times in my last post :wave:

This is to address a conversation Teebin and I were having over in the Secret Stash. I had thought that these 2 pics may be showing 2 different switch track sections, but upon closer inspection, I now believe that it is simply a revers angle of the same section of track. It is just that the curves in the track in the top pic appear more curved than those in the bottom pic so I was a little confused. So never mind.
ibs3h23uYpUsv3.png

ibuZ4RA9iI19rU.png

Last edited:
This is to address a conversation Teebin and I were having over in the Secret Stash. I had thought that these 2 pics may be showing 2 different switch track sections, but upon closer inspection, I now believe that it is simply a revers angle of the same section of track. It is just that the curves in the track in the top pic appear more curved than those in the bottom pic so I was a little confused. So never mind.

Same track switch. Mummy is big building on left in top picture. It's the big building on the top right on the bottom picture.

Oh my God, FINALLY! Just read the news on Faceboook.

Out of curiosity, when the Wizarding World first opened (and the crowds were a level 10 on the insanity scale), was it still extremely bad during the more quiet Universal/Disney times when things are usually slow(er)? My family wants to go to Florida for vacation, but I'll be trying to talk them into waiting until 2015 if every single month is going to be wretchedly busy...

Oh my God, FINALLY! Just read the news on Faceboook.

Out of curiosity, when the Wizarding World first opened (and the crowds were a level 10 on the insanity scale), was it still extremely bad during the more quiet Universal/Disney times when things are usually slow(er)? My family wants to go to Florida for vacation, but I'll be trying to talk them into waiting until 2015 if every single month is going to be wretchedly busy...

I do remember reading that crowds had significantly declined in September of that year, but that may change with the Hogwarts Express actually there now.
But I do think crowds leveled down (to some extent) during typical off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.