Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 154 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they only acknowledged it to get ahead of the press/leaks. It all happened suddenly. Most internally didn't know about it.

It was to appease the stockholders. Construction isn't even speculated to begin until 2013. It has nothing to do with being quiet. There's just nothing to release.

What I personally would like to see is, is as you are approaching DAK, you see the right side of the park all Bamboo, and Jungle like... then on the left you see GIANT Pandora forest, etc

Sometimes I go that extra mile to see what a term means, especially when I think it means something different and more specific. It does.

http://www.blooloop.com/Article/Ris...t-generation-of-entertainment-experiences/243
http://www.iaapa.org/industry/funworld/2011/jul/departments/specialreport.asp

So, while a media based attraction may be based on a popular film or film franchise, it doesn't have to be. It just means an attraction that uses projection or video screens used in conjunction with other effects.

You internet sleuth, you. I think you are probably right, this is most likely the Hogwarts Express ride, but couldn't it technically be both? There is a pretty good chance that Gingrotts will have some sort of screens as well.

From Whylightbulb, a contractor used by UC:

Universal is creating an ultra immersive experience with a Hogwart's Express train all decked out to look incredibly realistic on the outside and also to include luxuriously appointed cabins on the inside complete with realistic lighting, sounds and special effects for riders to experience as they travel to Diagon Alley that will include an amzing E-ticket ride that will exceed most expectations.

Hey guys I had a few possible ideas for what they might do with the Leakey Cauldron entrance. We have the London facades with King's Cross, other shops, and the Leakey Cauldron, which has a queue in front of it. Every couple minutes, a guide will take in about 100 guests who pile into the Leakey Cauldron. As guests walk through, we see actors dressed as witches and wizards enjoying some food/etc. at tables in the restaurant (the area where guests can eat will be in a whole other part to prevent overcrowding and noise). The guide takes the guests to the back of the LC where there is a large standing area and a brick wall in front. The guide taps the wall with his/her wand (like Hagrid did in the movie), and soon enough, fog will appear, shrouding guests' view of the wall as it slides open. When the dense fog disappears, you're standing right in Diagon Alley! It might take a long time to get everyone waiting through, but taking groups can help control crowds and provide a cool experience for everyone. Let me know if any of this sounds plausible!

From Whylightbulb, a contractor used by UC:

Do you have any idea why he/she feels safe to divulge this info even though a contractor? It is hardly vague. Too, didn't you think this was just going to be a short simple ride. Your source is claiming that it will everything including an E-ticket in itself if I am not mistaken.

Last edited:
Do you have any idea why he/she feels safe to divulge this info even though a contractor? It is hardly vague. Too, didn't you think this was just going to be a short simple ride. Your source is claiming that it will everything including an E-ticket in itself if I am not mistaken.

You misread the post, it is saying that it arrives at Diagon Alley which includes a E-Ticket ride. It's not saying the train will be E-Ticket it's saying Diagon Alley includes an E-Ticket.

:)
05_harry-potter-set-design.jpg

04_harry-potter-set-design.jpg

Do you have any idea why he/she feels safe to divulge this info even though a contractor? It is hardly vague.

No clue.

Whenever he posts this stuff I assume he's either told to do it by Uni, or it isn't confidential knowledge.

Too, didn't you think this was just going to be a short simple ride.

I still assume it is. But while I never assumed it wouldn't be highly themed on the inside though.

Bump: This is where we should be discussing things like the Hogwarts Express and Gringotts.

That being said,

If UOR ever wants to step out of Disney's shadow it can't worry about any kind of niche. You don't make money with a niche. You make money appealing to everyone. Six Flags can be thrill seekers.

I fully expect it to be more "coaster-ish" then Mummy, but not crazy like DD or Hulk. Im expecting a 4/5 Thrill level. Where Forbidden Journey is closer to a 3. Which is also where I would rate both Space Mountain and Spiderman. Of course it's all up to personal experience and preference. Universal Studios has more kid friendly rides then Islands does, so I am expecting the new Potter ride to help even that out.

Not to mention, you may notice that the more thrilling rides seem to have the longest waits (except maybe DD, which is always a short line due to how quickly it handles capacity)

Space Mountain may be a little more thrilling because it's not simulated, but simulated rides are still very thrilling.

One last thing....I keep seeing "Coasters? That's what Six Flags is for"...you guys do realize that there is no Six Flags in Florida right? The closest thing we have to Six Flags is Busch Gardends, and that is abour 3 hours from Orlando.

It's not going to be any more thrilling than FJ/Mumy. I'd also expect it to have more show scenes than Mummy does.

It doesn't matter if there are no Six Flags in Florida. And even comparing BG to Six Flags is an insult.

Universal is a world class theme park. Needs balance.

Gringotts has been described by those in the industry (and perhaps on the project) as better than FJ. I interpret that as meaning more detailed, even more impressive tech , and not more thrilling. Anything more thrilling than Mummy/FJ would be a mistake. Rides in WWoHP should be about story and detail. Above a certain speed or thrill level, that becomes an exercise in futility. Universal and likely WB/JKR want this to have broad appeal. Broad appeal = more guests = more spending.

An EMV type ride vehicle on a coaster track seems very likely and awesome.

Gringotts has been described by those in the industry (and perhaps on the project) as better than FJ. I interpret that as meaning more detailed, even more impressive tech , and not more thrilling. Anything more thrilling than Mummy/FJ would be a mistake. Rides in WWoHP should be about story and detail. Above a certain speed or thrill level, that becomes an exercise in futility. Universal and likely WB/JKR want this to have broad appeal. Broad appeal = more guests = more spending.

An EMV type ride vehicle on a coaster track seems very likely and awesome.

Agreed! Like I said on the other thread, as much as I like intense thrill rides and coasters, this would be better off being tamer and having a broad appeal.

Agreed! Like I said on the other thread, as much as I like intense thrill rides and coasters, this would be better off being tamer and having a broad appeal.
I really can't see how people are justifying their views on how this ride should be tamer than Forbidden Journey. I mean. Have you SEEN the sequence in Deathly Hallows? It's one of the most intense sequences I've seen in any movie.

I'm really envisioning it to be a bit more thrilling that Mummy/FJ. I could easily see it having multiple fast segments while going Vault to Vault. I mean, i'm all for the land having a broad audience appeal and such, but we already have the rest of Wizarding World and Phase Two to make up for that. I think if it's not made to be thrilling, it's going to be a really big let down on Creative's part.

I'm really envisioning it to be a bit more thrilling that Mummy/FJ. I could easily see it having multiple fast segments while going Vault to Vault.

There won't be a whole lot of room for fast coaster segments, though. Remember, this will be indoors.

I mean, i'm all for the land having a broad audience appeal and such, but we already have the rest of Wizarding World and Phase Two to make up for that.

They can't make another main ride that is highly restrictive. Doing that will be a failure. This is the ride for the expansion. Yes the train is there, but we don't know what the deal with that is yet. They need this ride to be available and appealing to more people than FJ was.

I think if it's not made to be thrilling, it's going to be a really big let down on Creative's part.

It will be a thrill ride. But it's not going to be a super thrill.

And if you call a hugely detailed, mildly thrilling, state of the art ride that "makes Forbidden Journey look like It's a Small World" (actual quote from an insider)...well, I dunno what to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.