Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014) | Page 644 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion (Opens 2014)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Poll Closed

• Yes

Votes: 154 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 12.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was it, 6 months before that they nailed it down and pulled out the bull whips and "finger" :sneaky: vices. WW 1.0 only looked like the entire TF job in the final 3-5 months I believe. It was nearly Giza legend.

So....Lee on WDWMagic says the rumored drop track portion of the Gringotts ride is more of a tilt, but there is a section of the track that will nevertheless surprise riders for sure. A see-saw type action was vaguely suggested :stunned:

It's a tilt section and something I've labeled simply as a teeter totter...

Thought I'd post this backside shot of Gringotts Bank show building. Check out how close this apartment complex is to it. Imagine living literally across the street from what could be the greatest theme park attraction in the world?

"Honey, I'll be right back. I'm just gonna run across the street to the Bank."

YESS!!! Haha I would be that guy... *contemplates moving from a house in Tampa to that exact apartment complex/townhouse/condo/whatever that place is for that precise reason*

I arguably live closer to the park entrance than that complex, right on Vineland Rd. It would be close

Last edited:
I arguably live closer to the park entrance than that complex, right on Vineland Rd. It would be close

But there's something kinda cool about living 75 feet from a major attraction. Those apartments are closer to Gringott's Bank than most of the other Universal attractions!

Long time lurker here but first time poster, couldn't help commenting on this subject though since it hits "so close to home" :rofl:

I have lived in those apartments for about a year and half (moved in right after Jaws closed) so I've watched it go from demolition of Jaws, to an open dirt pit with great views into the park, to now a big giant wall that blocks all my view. Anyways, like ulto said, it's not exactly close to the entrance of the park, but super close to the employee entrance. So if I want to walk to the park, it usually takes me about 20 minutes or so.

Edit:Tried to post a picture, but didn't work I guess.

Long time lurker here but first time poster, couldn't help commenting on this subject though since it hits "so close to home" :rofl:

I have lived in those apartments for about a year and half (moved in right after Jaws closed) so I've watched it go from demolition of Jaws, to an open dirt pit with great views into the park, to now a big giant wall that blocks all my view. Anyways, like ulto said, it's not exactly close to the entrance of the park, but super close to the employee entrance. So if I want to walk to the park, it usually takes me about 20 minutes or so.

Edit:Tried to post a picture, but didn't work I guess.

Need help with posting a photo? We're here to help so ask away or you can even email it to us and we will post it for you. Just private message me for an email address if necessary. Thanks and welcome aboard!!

Very true, Alas, I must be content with seeing Rip Ride rockit topping over some trees :(

Still cool. And a lot better than I ever got. The closest for me was renting an apartment on Oakridge Rd not far from the overpass. So if I made a right out of my complex and drove a couple hundred yards I could see Dr. Doom and Hulk. It was exciting for me at the time because I was young and new to Orlando. IOA had just been built.

Last edited:

"A Celebration of Harry Potter™ takes place at both Universal’s Islands of Adventure® and Universal Studios® theme parks. Admission is included with any park-to-park ticket or Annual Pass."

That's good. Last time they had the HP celebration, you had to "win" admission to the Q&A panels, but they made it SO confusing that they had really inconsistent turn-outs and they just let anyone in to certain Q&As.

I attended a few of the panels last time and it was a lot of fun. I might see if I can make it again next year, although weekdays are tough for me because of work :(

Some Potter Updates from yesterday:

DSC_0361.JPG

From the Turkey Lake Road Shell station

DSC_0362.JPG

DSC_0359.JPG

DSC_0376.JPG

And inside....

DSC_0378.JPG

DSC_0398.JPG

Reactions: Felipe
Status
Not open for further replies.