Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 191 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From InsideTheMagic:

10168509_10152740357309008_1791359382_n.jpg

Grass!

Reactions: Skubersky
Thanks, and if we look closely, I believe we can see the steel posts just behind the tires that are supporting it. As ever, Teebin is wondering what species of grass they are using, "Seaisle Paspalum or a hybrid Augustine or bluegrass?".

Oh Teebin, I hope you never change.

Yes, I have seen that video... but I heard it as a tossed-off statement. It would lead one to believe that the scenic designers from London were hopping over every so often to work with UC designers etc. This was not the case.

It has left me with the question, "what in hell did UC do other than write checks and oversee a few props?".

First of all FJ.

Second of all there is a fair amount of back and fourth between those set designers and UC. WB wants to keep a lock on the fiction and keep the design true (which is exactly what UC wants as well). But at the design phase UC steps in and voices an opinion when the design won't work in a functioning theme park (and there were plenty of design items that WB wanted that were axed because of that). Once construction starts UC and the contractors take over the as the main driving force, and WB is there to step in when something isn't working for the fiction.

UC designs and builds the rides and ride systems. UC designs and builds the buildings. WB designs the facades and decorations, which UC then has built and installed.

So they do a bit more then write checks and oversee a few props.

Thanks OrlandoParks! That shows me that the berm is 50-75 feet deep East to West. That is very deep... and shows how the mini backhoe could be perched on top as it was. I wonder what junk they will plant it with on the backside... as it will need to be planted with something. Probably that awful lavender flowered bush that they plant on the freeway overpasses...

Took me a while to catch up on all these updates, a HUGE thank you to everyone for their pictures of this wonderful expansion. It is becoming more and more aesthetically pleasing now that they are working on the final parts so to speak. I am in awe and can't wait to get down there to see for my self

boy-that-escalated-quickly-anchorman.gif

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the pics and heads-ups on pics! Particularly special thanks to AllAroundOrlando for posting those awesome shots!

BTW, has anyone noticed how they have toned down the white (or pretty much painted brown) those roof dividers on Grimmauld?
I think I liked it better now. It just looked birdpoopy before... :p

Before:

DA023_zps680bac4d.jpg

BTW, has anyone noticed how they have toned down the white (or pretty much painted brown) those roof dividers on Grimmauld?
I think I liked it better now. It just looked birdpoopy before... :p

Yeah, they overdid the plaster-patch look... what is really funny is if you look at the high-res version of the photo, they didn't resculpt the plaster-patch... they just painted it a mottled brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.