Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 221 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So are ops people going to be standing at the exits making sure people do not just wander in that way?

I assume so. Maybe once slower times come around, all entrance/exits will be left unattended so people can flow in and out of all of them at their convenience. But I don't think those times will come for months, or years, if ever.

I assume so. Maybe once slower times come around, all entrance/exits will be left unattended so people can flow in and out of all of them at their convenience. But I don't think those times will come for months, or years, if ever.

That seems rather...unmagical. It would almost be better if they wrote a background story that the Death Eaters have punched a hole between London and DA to fully expose the wizarding world to the muggles in an attempt to create mass hysteria. This would also help explain the non-magical exit.
Giving a cursory background story like that would also allow a magical and non-magical entrance which I see as a plus given that you know the brick trick will always have a line no matter how cool or not cool of an effect it turns out to be (I am looking your way, Ollivander's).
I don't know, it just seems like there should be some way to run it that will keep the lines moving, keep the magic factor up, and reduce ops people.
Then again, maybe they learned from Ollivander's and have created a high capacity entrance show.

That seems rather...unmagical. It would almost be better if they wrote a background story that the Death Eaters have punched a hole between London and DA to fully expose the wizarding world to the muggles in an attempt to create mass hysteria. This would also help explain the non-magical exit.
Giving a cursory background story like that would also allow a magical and non-magical entrance which I see as a plus given that you know the brick trick will always have a line no matter how cool or not cool of an effect it turns out to be (I am looking your way, Ollivander's).

I've just been assuming that there would be an entrance/exit on the other side of Wyndham's with, you know, like a door they could actually shut if they needed to keep DA below maximum capacity.An entrance/exit on the far side of Wyndham's would allow those who have already done the whole brick wall thing to access the less populated areas of the Diagon Alley area ( Carkitt Market) to get in and out without having to participate in that huge Leaky Cauldron/Leicester Square bottleneck. And no complicated back story is needed because Carkitt Market is a new area and there are no set rules there yet. I can't imagine using the Death Eaters as an excuse for the alternate entrance, as DA was pretty much shut down after their invasion and occupation.

And no complicated back story is needed because Carkitt Market is a new area and there are no set rules there yet. I can't imagine using the Death Eaters as an excuse for the alternate entrance, as DA was pretty much shut down after their invasion and occupation.

Fair point about the rules of Carkitt Market.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it been assumed that the DA portion of the WWOHP takes place sometime during books five through seven?

This looks like confirmation there won't be express for Gringotts or the Hogwarts Express (for a while at least). Also, the verbiage regarding early entry implies they can fiddle with what on-site hotels get early entrance to DA.

From a Lowe's promo sent yesterday:

*Promotional discount is based on savings from seasonal rates at our deluxe on-site hotels. Offer is valid for travel 5/4/2014 - 10/9/2014. Offer must be booked by 5/18/2014. Blockout dates and other restrictions may apply and are subject to change without notice. Minimum four (4) night stay required. The number of rooms available at these rates is limited. Rates vary for other room types and are higher on Fri/Sat and holidays. No group rates or other discounts apply. Reservations must be made in advance of arrival and are subject to availability. This offer is non-transferable and does not apply to existing reservations. **Nightly rates quoted above based on 7-night stay in a standard room during value 1 season at Universal's Cabana Bay Resort. Rate is valid most nights 9/1/2014 - 10/2/2014. Rates and discounts vary by length of stay, room type, travel dates, season, and are subject to availability. Reservations must be made in advance. Blockout dates and arrival/departure restrictions may apply. Advance reservations are required. Rates are higher on Fri/Sat and holidays. Reservations must be made in advance of arrival and are subject to availability. This offer does not qualify for YOUFirst benefits. Offer is not valid with other promotional offers, group, or negotiated rates. Travel for Family Suites begins 3/31/2014 and travel for Standard Rooms begins 6/16/2014. †Early Park Admission begins one (1) hour prior to regularly scheduled park opening to one (1) Universal Orlando theme park as determined by Universal Orlando. Valid at select attractions at each park. ^Paid theme park admission required. Benefit not valid for guests staying at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort; available for purchase only. Not valid at Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts™, and other select attractions. Not valid at Hogwarts Express. Only valid for the number of guests staying in the room for the length of hotel stay as indicated on the Universal Express Unlimited pass. Available during normal theme park operating hours only. Not valid for separately ticketed special events. Additional restrictions may apply and benefits are subject to change without notice.

Reactions: Skubersky
So aside from the peak tms got at food options etc today, Per Derek burgan on twitter he is hearing delays are now a real possibility

So aside from the peak tms got at food options etc today, Per Derek burgan on twitter he is hearing delays are now a real possibility

Nothing I've heard has me thinking that is the case, fwiw.

To me, what's being floated out there, sounds a lot like the panic that was spreading in 2010 when FJ was having some issues. They ended up getting them ironed out. This sounds similar.

Last edited:
Nothing I've heard has me thinking that is the case, fwiw.

I'd agree at this point. With training starting and all the other things going on, I think we are past the point of major delays. But I'm nowhere near qualified to know that.

To me, the only thing that appears very behind is the south station. If my guess is correct, they are finding some clever work-arounds, like building things off site so they are ready to be popped into place.

†Early Park Admission begins one (1) hour prior to regularly scheduled park opening to one (1) Universal Orlando theme park as determined by Universal Orlando. Valid at select attractions at each park[/B].[/B] ^Paid theme park admission required. Benefit not valid for guests staying at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort; available for purchase only. Not valid at Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey™, Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts™, and other select attractions. Not valid at Hogwarts Express. Only valid for the number of guests staying in the room for the length of hotel stay as indicated on the Universal Express Unlimited pass. Available during normal theme park operating hours only. Not valid for separately ticketed special events. Additional restrictions may apply and benefits are subject to change without notice.

So that answers the question about whether early access would be to both parks simultaneously. Either they will only have access to one or the other for the whole season or they will alternate days. The latter seems more likely, I would think.

My guess is that both sides will be open, but Cabana Bay gets Hogsmeade, and deluxe resorts get DA, with possible alternating days.

The capacity of the HE would be low enough to allow guests to travel between parks during early entry without causing pileups in DA.

^ Thanks Reel! WESH did a great job this time around. They almost look like little models of the project in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.