Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 322 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard word from a TM who recently rode that the Hogwarts Express will in fact have random ride elements like Star Tours 2.0. I know we debunked this rumor months back, but is it possible that we see slightly different profiles in addition to the two confirmed ones?

This is not the case, said TM is probably referring to the different rides between IOA-Universal and Universal-IOA

So, this Phase II soft/grand opening has become like a foggy intangible dream now. I wonder when the fog will lift and the sun will shine...

I've heard tomorrow some things are happening, but don't know if they'll add up to an opening announcement.

As for softs, what once was "you should be by" is now "there will be".

Guests riding the Hogwarts Express will receive one ride during peak times. There will also be a standbye line where first time riders will be given preference. So yea. You can ride more than once if you're willing to wait

However, on a less positive note, the ice cream line was reported to be at over an hour throughout the mock service despite only 600 people being allowed in...get ready for some serious issues with this place when it opens to the public.

For mock service is the ice cream free or do the employees have to pay for it just like regular guests? I think this would be a very big factor. I also seem to remember during the soft openings of Hogsmeade that Butterbeer prices fluctuated pretty wildly from day to day until they found the right balance of supply and demand.

I recall when Hogsmeade first opened, they were not ready for huge lines for the stores and the streets just became packed from people waiting to get in stores, especially Ollivanders. Have they made queues for the stores this time around that are not in the street or is it going to be just like Hogsmeade when it opened?

The designers were asked a very specific question about what they learned from phase 1 that they are implementing for phase 2 and the answer given was INDOOR QUEUES FOR EVERYTHING!!! All shops and food places will have indoor queues. That's why we have a large amount of Facade store fronts so these queues could be added.

Guests riding the Hogwarts Express will receive one ride during peak times. There will also be a standbye line where first time riders will be given preference. So yea. You can ride more than once if you're willing to wait

And just to be super clear, is this one round trip or one direction?

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but a contest rolled out late last week to find items around Diagon Alley for a Universal contest. The contest ends on the 18th and the last thing that you are tasked with finding is a Hogwarts Express ticket. I wonder if this makes the 18th/19th significant in any way, particularly with speculation going on around the 14th and so. Maybe that will be the media day and the announcement of the grand opening?

Weather was still bad, nothing new on the dragon today (assuming it's the weather holding them up). Here's some boring minutiae.

I wonder if they're still undecided on the look of the wall or simply not done with half of it.

Although they've splattered more stuff on both types.

The wall is aged/weathered on both sides now.

Looks like they've finished these railings. If you look closely, the door to #12 is open. Why is Kreacher so tall?

Not sure there's anything new in here, I just liked this one.

Record store neon.

Painting King's Cross. The one globe light is still in the wrong place (not pictured).

Reactions: natespf
Ha!... I knew they overshot the runway on the right side of the embankment. The left side is closer to correct but not very well executed IMO. It's as if the painters don't understand what and why they are painting it in the way that they are painting it. As if they haven't taken a moment to see the real deal.

Testing going on!!! Softs??!

925000_1424286831179402_638455163_n.jpg

However, on a less positive note, the ice cream line was reported to be at over an hour throughout the mock service despite only 600 people being allowed in...get ready for some serious issues with this place when it opens to the public.

Last night was more crowded then the other nights, and important thing is may only be 600 people but they have a very limited time frame to be there an the ice cream is free. So they all get in line for ice cream around the same time. (They're all excited for the butterbeer soft serve too)

Just heard word from a TM who recently rode that the Hogwarts Express will in fact have random ride elements like Star Tours 2.0. I know we debunked this rumor months back, but is it possible that we see slightly different profiles in addition to the two confirmed ones?

Not true

For mock service is the ice cream free or do the employees have to pay for it just like regular guests? I think this would be a very big factor. I also seem to remember during the soft openings of Hogsmeade that Butterbeer prices fluctuated pretty wildly from day to day until they found the right balance of supply and demand.

For mock service everyone gets one free, but they can sample the other flavors. For TM previews it will be at a discounted rate.

Testing going on!!! Softs??!

925000_1424286831179402_638455163_n.jpg

No. When was this taken? If it was taken later in the day one of the last few days it's Mock Service. If it was taken earlier in the day last few days or today it's a promo shoot.

Reactions: natespf
Status
Not open for further replies.