Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 337 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure how well this will look, anyway, when we were here a couple of weeks ago I thought the bases of the lightpost on the London water front where just the base black.

Now, to me, it looks like they added a paint or something to make it look more weathered or something:

Is it just me, or does that asphalt job in the picture on the previous page look a little...rushed? I see at least one thing that looks like a large lump near the corner, and then what looks like an indented corner just in front of that curb, with an uneven "seam" running the length of the sidewalk. I hope that's been fixed today, or it was just something with how the picture was shot, because those issues are both bad show and could be safety problems (trip hazards, mainly).

I know right? If I was waiting to book a vacation, I already would've said screw it and booked a different vacation plan out of pure frustration.

Eh. I'm an out-of-towner but I can drive so no flights involved. I've already pushed back my onsite resort reservation once to the weekend of the 20th but I'm prepared to have to do it again. :lol:

Eh. I'm an out-of-towner but I can drive so no flights involved. I've already pushed back my onsite resort reservation once to the weekend of the 20th but I'm prepared to have to do it again. :lol:

We are flying down and have our onsite reservation for the 24-30. Hopefully we don't have to make any changes but we went with southwest so we don't have to pay any change fees. Only thing we would have to pay would be if the price of the ticket was higher. Already looked into going July 8th for 6 nights and it would be even cheaper since the resort and airfare are both cheaper but I am sticking to the 24-30 unless it opens later.

Just wish we could get a date already!

I keep checking different webpages on the UOR website hoping to see things starting to change that most people might not notice. For example, I keep checking the Ride and Height Requirements page hoping the new rides will show up. I keep checking the Stroller and Wheelchair page to see if they add info about HE and how they will handle Strollers. I have even been checking the ADA page and viewing the Riders Guide PDF to see if either ride is added. So far no luck.

The one thing that did stick out as a little odd is no Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular Dining from June 14-20. At least, its not possible to buy tickets online. This coming up week you still can and the rest of the month after the 20th you can. So, I am wondering if they are not planning on having the show at all next week. I know the 15 there is no show, but nothing about the 14th. Later in the week we will get the show schedule for the 16-22 so we will see. The 15th to the 18th the park is closing an hour early so that might be one of the reasons but it doesn't explain the 14, 19, and 20 dates unless they are planning on using the restaurant and viewing areas for the press and have to get things ready.

Should be a VERY interesting week ahead!!

All of my friends that work inside are pretty much saying TM softs will start anyday now barring Gringotts dragon work is done. Gringotts' number of dispatches are chugging along and now that's all we are waiting on. Besides those pesky walls coming down.

Reactions: Skubersky
Seeing all this makes me so glad my vacation is planned in late July. I have no idea how I would be reacting right now if I had planned the vacation in late June instead. I'd probably be pulling my hair out.

I keep checking different webpages on the UOR website hoping to see things starting to change that most people might not notice. For example, I keep checking the Ride and Height Requirements page hoping the new rides will show up. I keep checking the Stroller and Wheelchair page to see if they add info about HE and how they will handle Strollers. I have even been checking the ADA page and viewing the Riders Guide PDF to see if either ride is added. So far no luck.

The one thing that did stick out as a little odd is no Universal’s Cinematic Spectacular Dining from June 14-20. At least, its not possible to buy tickets online. This coming up week you still can and the rest of the month after the 20th you can. So, I am wondering if they are not planning on having the show at all next week. I know the 15 there is no show, but nothing about the 14th. Later in the week we will get the show schedule for the 16-22 so we will see. The 15th to the 18th the park is closing an hour early so that might be one of the reasons but it doesn't explain the 14, 19, and 20 dates unless they are planning on using the restaurant and viewing areas for the press and have to get things ready.

Should be a VERY interesting week ahead!!

Jimmy Fallon will be there that week.

I'll be there but not until this afternoon. I'm sure you'll have an onslaught of pictures well before then!

Status
Not open for further replies.