Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 363 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People (non UC and WB) just got to ride it sometime in the past 4-10 days, first time ever. That is to say, ride it like a theme park ride. It was still being tested and refined up until that time.

This this this this this this. It's operating like a ride, not a "hey lets boot it up and see how it goes!"

So much pessimism on these boards. The dark storm before the sun... Heh, everything will be probably even better than our expectations. Universal has been hitting home runs so far. No reason to doubt them.

This this this this this this. It's operating like a ride, not a "hey lets boot it up and see how it goes!"

Yeah, I suppose some of us are just watching the clock tick down really closely, and assumed that managers and execs, TMs even, from all departments have had a fun time riding it for weeks. I know that I assumed that. I hope that its capacity is proving true to spec.

I'm not worried about quality of the attractions - I'm extremely excited to see the entire thing. That's why I'm anxious about the issues they might be facing, I'm truly holding out for an opening on the 21st...

Yeah, I suppose some of us are just watching the clock tick down really closely, and assumed that managers and execs, TMs even, from all departments have had a fun time riding it for weeks. I know that I assumed that. I hope that its capacity is proving true to spec.

I'm still anxious about it all, no doubt, but we're not running water dummies here. We're ramping up!

People (non UC and WB) just got to ride it sometime in the past 4-10 days, first time ever. That is to say, ride it like a theme park ride. It was still being tested and refined up until that time.

But nobody's been able to tweet that it's "amazing" or anything like that?

It's been stated before that literally everyone is under social media NDAs. The photos deleted from Instagram are the only leaks which have come out, and they were removed very quickly.

I am not a logistics analyst... I assume things, many many things. Sometimes I am correct, sometimes not, and every so often, I am correct in my assumptions but the execution either falls short or exceeds what might have otherwise been.

The photos deleted from Instagram are the only leaks which have come out

I believe HTF and his sources would take serious issue with your statement.

Last edited:
I believe HTF and his sources would take serious issue with your statement.

I meant in terms of public, directly posted content on social media. If I've missed anything I'd be glad to retract my statement and see something new.

I meant in terms of public, directly posted content on social media. If I've missed anything I'd be glad to retract my statement and see something new.

Not at all. I was merely pointing out that many who sign non-disclosures will end up telling someone, if for no other reason than pride in their work.

Last edited:
Great to finally see this in all its glory today, a couple of things I noticed, however.
The S on Wyndhams theatre - is that upside down? Or just smaller?
Also everything is perfectly authentic apart from the ATM sign

Everyone seeing the magic wand medallions that have been installed in Hogsmeade? They're all over twitter.

Wow, so glad they are expanding this into Hogsmeade as well. That explains the pictures of so many of the windows there being papered up - no doubt tweaking the displays. I didn't buy a wand the first time I went to WWoHP. I will certainly be buying one this next trip. Well played, Universal. A serious cash cow with that one!

Great to finally see this in all its glory today, a couple of things I noticed, however.

The S on Wyndhams theatre - is that upside down? Or just smaller?

Also everything is perfectly authentic apart from the ATM sign, why put the $ sign there? The £ sign would've made more sense...or nothing at all.

All in all, absolutely astonished by the scale of this project.

And there are TMs right now in the area "training" on using the wands and seeing the interactivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.