Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 413 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless these lights were a complete afterthought the placement had to be intentional. Perhaps there was some idea behind it being a little off, maybe in a very subtle way they wanted things to just not quite appear right?

Yes, the asymmetric light represents the life and loneliness of Harry. The other three lights represent his parents and friends, wanting to be there for him but just out of reach. Mounting the light on brick represents the wall that Harry must pass through on his way to greatness and the unanswered. If one ponders the writings of Plato, they will see the histrionics of life's echos of the unknown...

How was that for a BS answer. Everyone? Anyone?...

Last edited:
Yes, the non-symmetric light represents the life and loneliness of Harry. The other three lights represent his parents and friends, wanting to be there for him but just out of reach. Mounting the light on brick represents the wall that Harry must pass through on his way to greatness and the unanswered. If one ponders the writings of Plato, they will see the histrionics of life's echos of the unknown...

PMSL, very creative. Almost as bad as the Chester and Hester back story.

Reactions: ChrisFL
Yes, the asymmetric light represents the life and loneliness of Harry. The other three lights represent his parents and friends, wanting to be there for him but just out of reach. Mounting the light on brick represents the wall that Harry must pass through on his way to greatness and the unanswered. If one ponders the writings of Plato, they will see the histrionics of life's echos of the unknown...

Heh, I heard from a good source, Moe's bartender, that's the attraction outline for the Harry Potter III expansion. Teebin does it again with a cryptic clue concerning future Universal.

Well to take my mind off all this lighting badinage, I'm sticking Deathly Hallows PtII on. Hopefully the last time of watching the Gringotts sequence before riding!

I believe it! :look:

There's also a Harry potter ride preview on July 9th on nbc sports at 11:30. The description says "a look at the new thrill ride called "Harry potter and the escape from gringotts" opening at universal studios Florida"

A bunch of cool new pictures in this article: http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/exclusive-we-preview-diagon-alley-from-the-wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-121

Diagon-Alley-apothacary-small.jpg

Diagon-Alley-pan1-small.jpg

Diagon-Alley-entrance-small.jpg

This other article says interactive wands cost $35? Is that a mistake? http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2014/06/27/lifestyle/travel/811942.txt

I am, though my hopes won't be dashed if softs don't happen. I head to the parks for a little fresh air, sunshine and exercise, too. :thumbs:

Wow, lots of great pics in that Joblow article. I love the jellied eel display, but it makes me sad that you can't actually purchase any of that eel pie. It looks delicious! Eel ranks among my favourite seafood to eat.

In the leaky Calderon sign inside Diagon alley. Did they add a water effect on the sign so that it leaks where the crack is?! If so wow!!!

[video=youtube;h1IPyA61PmA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1IPyA61PmA#t=75[/video]
Skip to 1:13

Status
Not open for further replies.