Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Pics Felipe!! Nice to see you and hang out for a little bit today. YOUR CAR SUCKS lol, oh and thank you for taking a picture of the speaker cut outs I knew Teebs would just love it :lol:

Thanks for the pics. Funny how once the structural aspects are completed how quickly it seems the final touches start happening.

Glad you all enjoyed the pics! I haven't been able to post much these last couple of days, but great seeing everyone come out and post here! Welcome, and welcome back, and great to see all the regulars, too! :cheers:

Great Pics Felipe!! Nice to see you and hang out for a little bit today. YOUR CAR SUCKS lol, oh and thank you for taking a picture of the speaker cut outs I knew Teebs would just love it :lol:

Great seeing ya, too! :thumbs: More like the mechanic sucks lol! And yes, good call, it's always good to please the Teebs :p

Looking forward to the video!

Since they're looking for people with Caribbean accents, and they're going to have the Knightbus, is this for a Jamacan shrunken head meet and greet like the donkey meet and greet?
I wouldn't say yes, but... yes.
HTF, am I right about Nagini being in the Gringotts ride?
I'd be shocked if she weren't. Voldemort keeps her attached at the hip at this point in the story.

Great pics, Felipe! The theming is coming together so quickly now!

Small nitpick: does anyone else think it odd they didn't differentiate the chimney over 12 Grimmauld place from the others? I think it would be more appropriate if it was sagging and marred with age. Same goes for the roof itself. I'd think it should be missing some shingles.

Last edited:
Great pics, Felipe! The theming is coming together so quickly now!

Small nitpick: does anyone else think it odd they didn't differentiate the chimney over 12 Grimmauld place from the others? I think it would be more appropriate if it was sagging and marred with age. Same goes for the roof itself. I'd think it should be missing some shingles.

I think it makes sense that they didn't differentiate the chimney and all because Number 12 wasn't abandoned long enough for there to be any significant deterioration. It was left vacant for ten years, and yeah, that takes a toll on a building to a degree. The Order spent months cleaning the interior because those ten years DID make itself noticed with dust and dead animals under sofas. And it did take a bit of a toll on the outside too, from seeing (what I think is) the gutter is all bent up. But it wasn't a long enough time to screw up the chimney or roof. There's an article the Huffington Post did about a house that had been completely vacant for almost thirty years, and the roof looked pretty dang good given it wasn't kept up for years. If a building that's been abandoned for thirty years can have a semi-decent roof, why not a building that's only been left alone for ten?

Thank you for all the pics Felipe, great job!

The Knight Bus will be stationary and the talking heads will be displayed inside it and they will talk back to you. I wonder if it'll be like a mini-show, so many guests entering the bus, talking to the shrunken heads and then leaving.

Thanks for the pics Felipe.

Interesting to see the processes behind the finishings on the buildings. Can anyone explain what the process is where they have a pink like paint on the buildings? You can see what I mean in these 2 shots.

2014-01-11-011_zps32fc6964.jpg

2014-01-11-018_zps006d1b05.jpg

Thanks for the pics Felipe.

Interesting to see the processes behind the finishings on the buildings. Can anyone explain what the process is where they have a pink like paint on the buildings? You can see what I mean in these 2 shots.

I will check into it. I may just be a primer/stick coat for the specific kind of material they are painting on.

Thanks, HTF! :thumbs: Awesome video! Holy slow zoom! I love it haha!

Roodles, I think the pink is the raw material or a protective coat of some sort.

I am most intrigued about the Leicester Square treatment, and surprised Teebin or others haven't wondered about it, and how it's not covered with tile, but instead cement and those foam pieces. I guess they will do a faux tile look with paint and glaze of some sort?

I think it makes sense that they didn't differentiate the chimney and all because Number 12 wasn't abandoned long enough for there to be any significant deterioration. It was left vacant for ten years, and yeah, that takes a toll on a building to a degree. The Order spent months cleaning the interior because those ten years DID make itself noticed with dust and dead animals under sofas. And it did take a bit of a toll on the outside too, from seeing (what I think is) the gutter is all bent up. But it wasn't a long enough time to screw up the chimney or roof. There's an article the Huffington Post did about a house that had been completely vacant for almost thirty years, and the roof looked pretty dang good given it wasn't kept up for years. If a building that's been abandoned for thirty years can have a semi-decent roof, why not a building that's only been left alone for ten?

I see what you mean, but I think the chimneys should at least be darkened with grime to match the darker brickwork on the facade.

Also, great video, HTF! I loved the zoom-in on the Wyndham details. I'm now most eager to see how this building turns out.

Last edited:
Nice update HTF, thanks for posting :drool:

looking at that I guess it wont be long before the scaffold is completly down.

Interesting to see the processes behind the finishings on the buildings. Can anyone explain what the process is where they have a pink like paint on the buildings?

The pink coating is a Concrete & Masonry Bonding Primer. It penetrates and seals the pores in the concrete. This helps prevent entrapped air from rising to the surface of the concrete and causing bubbles in the coating which in turn causes the coating to start lifting and peeling.

Great vid, hate :cheers: :rep:

Reactions: Felipe
Status
Not open for further replies.