Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 117 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diagon_Alleyshops.jpg

The virtual walkthrough is super helpful when filling in the blueprints.

So are Quality Quidditch Supplies and Weasley's actually separate, or do they share a space like the original Honeyduke's/Zonkos?

Flourish and Blotts is an actual store? It seems like there's room for it to be, but they didn't announce it.

Sorry if mentioned already, but I'm way too lazy to thumb through all the posts since the announcement. ..In the Gringotts rendering released, the ride looks really cavernous. ..is that really how the ride will be? If so, it just may be the most amazing ride ever created

Sorry if mentioned already, but I'm way too lazy to thumb through all the posts since the announcement. ..In the Gringotts rendering released, the ride looks really cavernous. ..is that really how the ride will be? If so, it just may be the most amazing ride ever created

I think it will. But not necessarily due to physical sets. Remember, this is a 3D ride with a whole bunch of 3D screens.

Fantastic info as always OU! Is it safe to assume that at King's Cross the queue will be setup such that those in line can watch the H.E. take off from the station before they get on a later train? This will obviously not happen at Hogsmeade station since the train will travel backwards. I also assume then that the view of the platform at Hogsmeade will be blocked to those waiting in line?

Will the screens be turned off when you board the Hogwarts Express or will they be showing a video of a false Plstform 9 3/4 or Hogmeade Station(depending where you board)?

Will the screens be turned off when you board the Hogwarts Express or will they be showing a video of a false Plstform 9 3/4 or Hogmeade Station(depending where you board)?

Now that wouldn't be very magical, would it? I'm sure it'll be a false station platform. Or maybe the curtains will be closed on the screen. If there are curtains.

Here's my burning question. How long is the trip on the HE going to take between the parks? The trains aren't that big, so capacity has to be a huge problem with this. If it is to be fully immersive then it will take a while to get to the other park. I am just worried capacity is going to be low for that ride. Also, next question, if you ride from Islands to the Studios, you are not dropped into Diagon Alley right? So you ride the HE over then you get a return time for like 5 hours later. Doesn't seem too fun. It would have been nice to be able to get off the train and go right into Diagon Alley. Are my assumptions right?

Glad to help you!

1) As described by HTF, the bridge is there to support the transportation of Team Members, particularly those of the entertainment team, but we don't know specifics. It's also meant to emulate a bridge on which trains pass, presumably the Express.
2) It's entirely indoors. Clever lighting and hidden electrical stations will keep it dark, but certain sections will be well lit for guests to proceed safely.
3) According to Jim Hill (and furthermore the Creative team that led him around the construction site), the brick effect will very much be there, but we have no clue as to how it will be accomplished. The entrance is very narrow. It is all very narrow. Expect lots of queues, lots of return tickets, and if you're going in the peak season, lots of frustrated people. Plan wisely, and you'll be rewarded.
4) Both trains will look as though they're departing. The Hogsmeade Station has the main engine stop before it "backs out and heads to London". So, thematically, it makes sense. This is why both of them are facing south. The story has to match each time they arrive/depart.
5) Yes. We've been told it's just a lot of mirrors (take that either figuratively or literally), but I have some reason to believe it'll be more than that, at least thematically.

Thank you to you and Teebin both for great responses and clearing everything up

Apologies for my humongous posts! I'm having a really busy day and this thread is moving faster than I am able to comment about each thing being posted, and yet I want to comment on everything because everyone is posting interesting stuff! :p

http://i.imgur.com/i7SORn7.png
This was the best I could do, it's not high-res but it might tide you over till someone provides a better copy. It's a screen grab from the downloaded initial movie.

Thanks! :smiley:

That's the one!! Thanks!! :thumbs:

My people of OU, I give you Diagon Alley. Click the map for the full size. :thumbs:

Awesome job, man! :thumbs: I just think you've got Owl Post in the wrong spot. Look at the pic where you found it, it has a slanted corner, which matches the spot right next to the exit, by the WWW building.

OP.png

I'm wondering if we won't see another unannounced shop over near the right hand diagon exit. The blueprints definitely suggest there is a shop there at least as big as WWW. I assumed that it was the Quidditch store or Magic Menagerie, but after looking back on the vid, you appear to have them in the right location. I didn't watch the webcast, so I'm just going off the various reports and pdfs linked from here. So what other shops are we missing?

I agree and think there's something else in that side where Gambit labeled the Owl Post. I believe that the Owl Post is actually more to the left, closer to WWW, directly to the right of that exit.

I asked what was between Ollivanders and Daily prophet, you said scribbulus. I asked what was by the exit to Diagon on the other side off WWW and you said Scribbulus. Are you using big bold print to suggest that there are two Scribbulus stores in the addition? Maybe your record is broken.

I believe this is correct

I apologize if I am mistaken. Didn't Woodbury go on and on about Scribbulus and stationary? Was that another "2010" moment or did I dream up a shop I have NEVER heard of before. Woodbury said something about scribbulus... Perhaps he was confused and thinking of HW or Japan?

Scribbulus is 100% there. It's just a matter of where. Here's the official description:

"Scribbulus - writing implements and products such as feather quills, ink and inkwells, bookmarks, journals, parchment paper, seals, stationery sets and postcards."

Scribbulus looks to be between the Daily Prophet facade and Ollivanders:

iki7yiGMxrCHz.png

iNNNhapn4mDnB.jpg

Diagon_Alleyshops.jpg

The virtual walkthrough is super helpful when filling in the blueprints.

So are Quality Quidditch Supplies and Weasley's actually separate, or do they share a space like the original Honeyduke's/Zonkos?

Flourish and Blotts is an actual store? It seems like there's room for it to be, but they didn't announce it.

Great sketch! There's still some uncertainties as far as some of the labels, but most of these look right! :thumbs:

Here's my burning question. How long is the trip on the HE going to take between the parks? The trains aren't that big, so capacity has to be a huge problem with this. If it is to be fully immersive then it will take a while to get to the other park. I am just worried capacity is going to be low for that ride. Also, next question, if you ride from Islands to the Studios, you are not dropped into Diagon Alley right? So you ride the HE over then you get a return time for like 5 hours later. Doesn't seem too fun. It would have been nice to be able to get off the train and go right into Diagon Alley. Are my assumptions right?

I think the ride time was guesstimated to be between 4 and 5 minutes. The train stations are separate from each Wizarding World, so when you get off the trains you will be in neither Diagon Alley nor Hogsmeade, but in an area right by each of these (right outside of them).

OK, something else. Here I am using the concept art released today for reference, and also using @AmusementLeaks' plans (so credit to him for these, too).

First, here's where I mean as the location of the Owl Post )in purple).
Then, I wonder what the red, light blue and yellow places will be... Ever since the SFWM plans came up, I've always thought the red space will be a food & beverage location, but we're still uncertain, so I guess we'll see when more is revealed.

ibhoCKtSWeik5Y.png

Now onto the main purpose for this post, the brown area seen above (which I actually colored green below :p)
These next crops are from @AmusemenLeaks' Round 3 - File 7... ( SEE HERE )

Do y'all see what I see? A broom in front of a rounded wall/screen, I assume a green screen?

ibhlqvQNEAZrIj.png

ih0DArwwlh8nI.png

Then right across it, below to the left, looks like where a camera would be. Then on the other side of the wall to the left a register. This looks like a photo-op of a flight on a broom! :cheers: And it makes even more sense since this shop seems to be connected to Quality Quidditch Supplies, as well!

Scribbulus looks to be between the Daily Prophet facade and Ollivanders.

I thought this as well but in the walkthrough on the site it's a sewing shop. Spindlewarfs or something. :shrug:

As for the Owl Post, I think you right about the location. Maybe that is where Scribbulus will be then.

- - - Updated - - -

Do y'all see what I see? A broom in front of a rounded wall/screen, I assume a green screen?
Then right across it, below to the left, looks like where a camera would be. Then on the other side of the wall to the left a register. This looks like a photo-op of a flight on a broom!

:thumbs:

Scribbulus looks to be between the Daily Prophet facade and Ollivanders:

iki7yiGMxrCHz.png

iNNNhapn4mDnB.jpg

It does look like that's where it is (#6 on my "map"), but is there enough room there for an actual shop? The webcast made it sound like it's an actual shop, but the blueprints show that it would then be inside the Ollivander's "show building".

- - - Updated - - -

Do y'all see what I see? A broom in front of a rounded wall/screen, I assume a green screen ...

Then right across it, below to the left, looks like where a camera would be. Then on the other side of the wall to the left a register. This looks like a photo-op of a flight on a broom! :cheers: And it makes even more sense since this shop seems to be connected to Quality Quidditch Supplies, as well!

Cool! Probably exactly right... although I wonder how they fit that in with the theming. Everything else in the Wizarding World is "real" and a green screen special effect/movie studio photo room isn't magic at all.

Thanks to all who have contributed with new screen grabs, maps and info! I'm just as excited as the rest of you! I want all the details I can get - I don't care if there are spoilers! I won't get to the park until maybe 2016, so this is all I have for now. I will live vicariously though this forum thread! So thank you again to everyone :happy:

Is anyone else having issues with the site still? Mine doesn't go anywhere and looks like this:
Screenshot2014-01-24at40602PM_zps811a51c1.png

:shrug:

Thanks to all who have contributed with new screen grabs, maps and info! I'm just as excited as the rest of you! I want all the details I can get - I don't care if there are spoilers! I won't get to the park until maybe 2016, so this is all I have for now. I will live vicariously though this forum thread! So thank you again to everyone :happy:

Is anyone else having issues with the site still? Mine doesn't go anywhere and looks like this:
Screenshot2014-01-24at40602PM_zps811a51c1.png

:shrug:

Yep, mine still does the same thing...

But lucky for me, I plan on being down there in August, so I don't have to wait too much longer!

Status
Not open for further replies.