Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 169 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think Hard Rock would be the way to go.Gringots may not have express yet.But I would think onsite premium hotels will get preference over cabana bay for getting into areas.With opening They will be restricting access to Hogsmead,Diagon Alley and to re-ride the Hogwarts express.
Riding the Hogwarts Express will take you outside the entrances to both.

I think the exit to IOA side will be near Sinbad and a wall/barrier will be in place to make you go down by Mystic Coin place.Before turning back to Hogsmead (to control the number of people in Hogsmead)
The Exit for the London side will be close to the San Fran area.

My point is that even if you get in early to Diagon and Gringots .You will have to exit that area to ride the Hogwarts express.

True, you have a point about the Hogwarts Express. Once you leave on the train, it could be more difficult to get back in if you're not a hotel guest. If there's hours long lines just to get into the areas, I can't believe they would make you get back in that line because you got on the Hogwarts Express. I wonder how they are going to handle that, with so many entrance and exit points, unlike the Hogsmeade opening in 2010.

Maybe to you or I it would seem that way, because we go to the parks rather frequently. When youre going out of your way to make it to a park you rarely get to go to, you better believe youre going to do all you can to make the most of it. Considering that Cabana Bay WONT have express access, and early entry is pretty much their only significant park-related perk, it WILL be more heavily-utilized than at the other hotels. And considering the size of all four hotels versus WWOHP's capacity, it definitely has the potential to be "a big deal". Of course, it very well may not be, and the capacity could be doublinh depending on how they operate the early entry, but you shouldnt be so quick as to write it off.

Ive always said that there are trips amd vacations--vacations are relaxing, they take place in Hawaii or on cruises. On trips you have a mission to do as much as possible...thats going to Rome, Paris, and especially theme parks.

Just because it is a perk of staying at Cabana Bay doesn't mean it will be utilize by the amount of people you're thinking. Majority of the GP don't stay at the other Loews onsite hotels just for express.

They're very nice hotels and on-property. That's the #1 reason people stay. Cabana Bay is a steal compared to staying at some crappy I-Drive hotel. And being a value hotel, it's nicer than anything Disney has to offer at that level. People aren't staying at CB for early entry, they're staying for price, convenience and value.

It isn't a big deal to non-onsite hotel guests because they haven't paid an additional 200 per night to access it. For those that pay for it, however, it's a big deal. It's just a matter of how many others have early entry access, and that depends on how many on-site hotel guests there are., which in turn depends on how many rooms there are.

If you think that the grand opening of the Wizarding World is not something people will wake up at the crack of dawn for, you should look at the pictures of the line that extended all the way back through Citywalk on the opening day of Hogsmeade back.in 2010: http://www.insidethemagic.net/2010/...sal-orlandos-wizarding-world-of-harry-potter/

Harry Potter fans take their trip to WWOHP serious. In fact, out-of-state visitors in general take their trips to Orlando serious, which is why there are books and websites devoted purely to tips on how to get the most out of your trip to Disney or Universal. And one of the tips at the top of the list is to get there early, and to consider staying at an on-site hotel if you can afford it. So those who want an enjoyable vacation wake up early and nap in the aftetnoon. It's the ones who sleep in who are going to experience the most problems. People who showed pu at IOA later than 5am on the opening day of Hogwarts/WWOHP had to wait up to9 hours to get in.

I didn't mean to suggest the Express Passe isn't worth the cost. I simply meant that it's not areason to stay in an on-site hotel because you can buy on without staying in an on site hôtel. Early access, however, you can't

That's funny because I was at WWOHP literally 2 days after grand opening and waited a total of less than 40 minutes for Forbidden Journey. You don't have to be the first one in to experience things without a wait.

And when were we talking about the Grand Opening? We are talking about everyday. Early entry on the day of the "grand opening" doesn't even matter because everyone is going to be waiting early. And again you mistake HP fans as the only people staying on-site or something. The majority of people couldn't care less about early entry. Again you're assuming that EE is the reason people stay on site at Universal. They stay because they're luxurious hotels, on property. The perks are extra.

Point is, Cabana Bay opening will have a slight increase in early entry guests, but people in this thread are talking like every guest at CB will take advantage of EE, which couldn't be farther from the truth. Maybe 10-20% max of CB guests, if that, will partake in the perk just like the rest of the on-site hotels.

Thanks Felipe. I've been on this site everyday for 5 years. (really never posted before) Your compliments have motivated me to complete Diagon Alley!

It looks amazing! I was literally looking at Hogwarts models online just yesterday, so seeing your version on such a grand scale made me smile! You should have a blog with progress updates as you construct Diagon!

:happy:

Just because it is a perk of staying at Cabana Bay doesn't mean it will be utilize by the amount of people you're thinking. Majority of the GP don't stay at the other Loews onsite hotels just for express.

They're very nice hotels and on-property. That's the #1 reason people stay. Cabana Bay is a steal compared to staying at some crappy I-Drive hotel. And being a value hotel, it's nicer than anything Disney has to offer at that level. People aren't staying at CB for early entry, they're staying for price, convenience and value.

Im guessing you have very little knowledge of the hotel business based on this statement. Or the tourism industry for that matter. We'll see in the end I suppose. Although you are aware there are posts on this very thread from the on-site properties' target market who are refuting your point, right?

^ There are a good number of guests who choose to stay at on property hotels for the perks, but even at Disney the number of guests who actually take advantage of EMH is a small fraction of the total number of guests staying in Disney hotels.

^Disney is a different beast considering its location and status as a "destination". Universal is still considered an "add-on" to a Disney vacation by most, staying in the Universal hotels solely for its benefits. Not to mention, unlike Disney, there are several partner hotels and nearby cheaper options at Universal. Id guess the Holiday Inn is just as far away as Cabana Bay is from the parks.

^Disney is a different beast considering its location and status as a "destination". Universal is still considered an "add-on" to a Disney vacation by most, staying in the Universal hotels solely for its benefits. Not to mention, unlike Disney, there are several partner hotels and nearby cheaper options at Universal. Id guess the Holiday Inn is just as far away as Cabana Bay is from the parks.

I would say the free express passes are the strongest selling point in favor of the existing Moderate hotels. Though the new Value hotel does not include them, the price/quality is that hotels main draw.

Early admission is still a strong point, but I am not sure of what % of guests take advantage of it (nor how many days of their stay). I feel that cutting it down to every other day dilutes the benefit too much. But it seems like adding attractions as needed would be the easiest route, or even use both parks if the volume warrants it. Obviously that costs money, but they will be making substantially more from these hotel guests.

Im guessing you have very little knowledge of the hotel business based on this statement. Or the tourism industry for that matter. We'll see in the end I suppose. Although you are aware there are posts on this very thread from the on-site properties' target market who are refuting your point, right?

At the end of the day, there are not nearly the amount of people using early entry for HP, much less purchasing a stay at Universal for that reason. I have nothing more to say if you or others would believe otherwise, we'll agree to disagree.

At the end of the day, there are not nearly the amount of people using early entry for HP, much less purchasing a stay at Universal for that reason. I have nothing more to say if you or others would believe otherwise, we'll agree to disagree.

Not *currently*, no. All Im saying is that I expect Cabana Bay to change this. But yes, we will agree to disagree :thumbs:

The express access is way more valuable than $36 a night...it's unlimited. You can't buy that. Any member on this forum will tell you can show up after park opening (ESPECIALLY AT UNIVERSAL) and get everything done and then some. You guys are stressing yourselves out over waiting in line and in turn has probably made some of your vacations very hectic. At that point, it's not even a vacation.

You can buy unlimited express when you combine it with your park ticket, hasn't always been the case though.

You can buy unlimited express when you combine it with your park ticket, hasn't always been the case though.

That is true. But some important things to consider when comparing prices are the Express Passes are priced per person and per day, hotels charge by the night for the rooms.

It looks amazing! I was literally looking at Hogwarts models online just yesterday, so seeing your version on such a grand scale made me smile! You should have a blog with progress updates as you construct Diagon!

:happy:
Thanks Amelia. So glad my project made you smile! I am going to have to buy a bigger house once I finish Diagon Alley. (Heaven Help me I keeping going with Hogsmead...I will have to get therapy at that point! (My strange user name--I actually lived at a house that the address was actually 666---kids would not come trick or treating at my house...more candy for me!)

54408252.jpg

Cant wait!!!

-------

What kinda bothers me is that the hogwarts express engine is in Hogsmead but than it appears again in the Hogsmead station. I just find it weird.

Last edited:
What kinda bothers me is that the hogwarts express engine is in Hogsmead but than it appears again in the Hogsmead station. I just find it weird.

What makes you think that you will be able to see the engine in the Hogsmeade station? Original designs say that you won't be able to see it there at all. Reason: because it is sticking through an arch into the village for photo ops.

So I feel like I know the answer to this already but how do you suppose the lines will be a week after grand opening? Would it have massive lines going through City Walk like in that infamous photo people always use? I was planning to go this summer but didn't want to go on grand opening. I'm just worried that I won't be able to enjoy anything with how conjested it might be (and diagon is already a tight space). I planned to go with family too so that might make it even harder. It's not that I'm worried about long lines for a ride(I could tough it out) but just in the sense of walking around to go and see everything. And the fact that a day hasn't been announced is seriously worrying me. June seems to be off the table now....it's come to the point where I'm even considering to push my visit all the way to next summer :( what should I do??

So I feel like I know the answer to this already but how do you suppose the lines will be a week after grand opening? Would it have massive lines going through City Walk like in that infamous photo people always use? I was planning to go this summer but didn't want to go on grand opening. I'm just worried that I won't be able to enjoy anything with how conjested it might be (and diagon is already a tight space). I planned to go with family too so that might make it even harder. It's not that I'm worried about long lines for a ride(I could tough it out) but just in the sense of walking around to go and see everything. And the fact that a day hasn't been announced is seriously worrying me. June seems to be off the table now....it's come to the point where I'm even considering to push my visit all the way to next summer :( what should I do??

It will be horrid up until the last week of August and even then, it might be moderately unpleasant. September would be a bit better.

Just as anecdotal evidence on Early Entry: Between Christmas and New Years, we were a party of 11 adults, staying in 3 rooms for one night. Early entry was at 630 am. 6 of us woke up and used early entry to ride HPFJ twice and enjoy the Wizarding World. Of the 5 who didn't get up, 2 or 3 would not have gone on HPFJ in any case. It was our first trip to universal in 6 or 7 years, and while I may be back before most of the group, as a family, it will probably be several more years before we return.

This is just an observational theory I've made from seeing the Hogwarts Express sitting there every day, so forgive me if this has already been confirmed/talked about before:

The train is facing in one direction so that it'll appear as if it's entering into the Hogsmeade station (which is outside, open air). I assume that guests will be able to see the train entering the station for dramatic effect. Now this of course presents the problem of Kings Cross. Will guests be seeing the train pulling into the station in reverse? Nope. They'll have to have some sort of preshow (probably crossing through 9 3/4) in order to enter the station seeing the train waiting for them in all it's glory just like Harry did.

Like I said, it's just a thought and a pretty simple one at that. I'd like to think Creative has the common sense to make it like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.