Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2 | Page 248 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree about the lights...kind of makes it look like a festival is taking place. It's not very authentic. Maybe they realized that just needed more lighting in the area at night.

The early concept art shows the string lighting as well, if you look closely. (You may need to click through to the original image to spot it).

london-embankment.jpg

ha ha...sorry guys..never been to London, and I don't remember seeing the lights in any of Teebin's many pictures. My bad.

OMG all those concepts, the freaking loading area, all so stunning! So much for clean underwear. :jaw: Thanks for everyone contributing them.
Regarding the lights and the strings between them, awesome. Sure they don't want to look London like an Epcot pavilion (a kitsch and unfaithful representation) but as real as a movie set to convince you, from the right angle you are at one or another location in London.

Yes, this LOL. I'd never heard of this before so I went ahead and did some research and it sums it up perfectly, amazing. Thanks for helping me put my finger on it.

Yep, it's an interesting concept. Another note about this...when the first Shrek movie was being made, princess Fiona's original design scared little children during audience testing because of uncanny valley, so they had to re-design her look.

Sooooo according to Orlando Informer Diagon is getting its certificate of occupancy today...wouldn't that mean Mr. Dragon would be now perched? If so you should be able to see him if you stand next to the merch cart in Battery Park on the right hand side of the roofed seating area when facing Diagon... JUST. SAYING.
I'm gonna walk over there tomorrow with my 70-200 lens and see what I can see before work. I may go over tonight, depends on what time my wife leaves to go to her parents..

So... how about Orlando Informer publishing near-complete "ride-through" descriptions of both legs of the Hogwartz Express journey?

Both experiences sound pretty cool. Curious to see how effective some of the more complex effects work out.

I'm gonna walk over there tomorrow with my 70-200 lens and see what I can see before work. I may go over tonight, depends on what time my wife leaves to go to her parents..

I think I highlight the area where the dragon will go eventually in this video I took today. Maybe Felipe can say for sure. It's at about 2:35 in the video.

[video=youtube;xXNJ-oqR-v4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXNJ-oqR-v4[/video]

Also have the working fountain, and a quick snipet of the new light strings.

Reactions: Felipe
So... how about Orlando Informer publishing near-complete "ride-through" descriptions of both legs of the Hogwartz Express journey?

Both experiences sound pretty cool. Curious to see how effective some of the more complex effects work out.

Just saw this too, sounds great, but I know they also embelished/put in some fluff when it came to describing Gringotts sooooo...

- - - Updated - - -

I think I highlight the area where the dragon will go eventually in this video I took today. Maybe Felipe can say for sure. It's at about 2:35 in the video.

[video=youtube;xXNJ-oqR-v4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXNJ-oqR-v4[/video]

Also have the working fountain, and a quick snipet of the new light strings.

Awwww no Dragon yet.. :mean:

I had kinda joked about it before, but would anyone go nuts if I suck my camera on a monopod and raised it in the air? I've stuck my hands over the fence to get photos before (I'm 6'7") and didn't hear anyone scream at me.

Thanks for the video! Can anyone identify the different component on the armature? The white thing looks like a nozzle. Gas line for the fire, I would guess. Or it could be part of a hydraulics system if there will be movement.

EDIT: After looking a little closer, I would say the white object IS for the big flame, and the small hose and nozzle at the bottom of the picture are a pilot light/ignition source through which the large nozzle will blast propane.

(Keep in mind, I'm totally guessing. Feel free to tell me how wrong I am :lol:)

Capture-Dragonstructure_zpsb6d85e99.png

Last edited:
The way this dragon is being constructed makes no sense to me. Anyone with a degree of animatronics knowledge (if indeed it is) care to explain? The two black metal towers look way too big to fit inside a dragon as I can imagine it :shrug:

Also, its interesting to compare the ride vehicles in today's Gringotts load concept with the 3D rendering 'leaked' a few years back. The ones from today look much more industrial and less ornate, and I wonder if this is closer to the final design given the image has been released as part of a proper marketing push this close to opening.

Edit - for those who haven't seen / can't recall

potter-usf-car-front.jpg

potter-usf-car-rear.jpg

TPI

Harry-Potter-and-the-Escape-from-Gringotts-Rendering-1170x731.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.