Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3 | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd also like to point out that Gringotts is a groundbreaking ride utilizing never before used technology. 7DMT is a nice ride but it's hardly innovative, and was long overdue. Gringotts is not nearly at that point. If it takes a terribly long time to get to full capacity I would understand your sentiments but at this point, I really have to disagree...

What is groundbreaking about Gringotts other than the mashup of ride vehicles?

Gringotts is a total mess, it was an amitious schedule to begin with, let anone the installation issues, synching problems, and the vehicle check in issues now. It's running at roughly 1/3 capacity right now. Universal made the decision: July 8th or bust. They kept the promise and now we have 7 hour waits for the ride. This will be fixed over the summer, it is an issue, but it's hardly a major problem.

I never said capacity was going to be a problem in the long run. But not having their main ride at full capacity day one was a major disaster. Sure, new rides break down all the time and having a couple breakdowns during the day is understandable. But having it run at half capacity to me is a disaster. You need your star ride at full capacity. When 7 Dwarfs was rumored to not be opening at full capacity everyone was all over that how Disney screwed up, but Uni doing the same is not a screw up? It is. If it was running at full capacity waits would not be as long and people would have been spread out thru out the land spending money.

I guarantee Uni is NOT happy with this opening. They would have much preferred their star ride at 100% capacity with a handful of breakdowns than what they have for today.

I am pretty certain they are very happy with the opening (reviews are awesome and I am sure the $$ is flowing in like magic). The fact this expansion is open for guests this quickly is really amazing. All new rides are going to have issues when they open, especially ones with as much complexity as Gringotts. No matter how much they prepare and test, there is going to still be bugs to fix for many months after the opening. Hard to test game time situations on this scale without actually being in the game. I applaud them for opening it even at half capacity. It at least gives those guests that are down there a chance to ride and experience it if they are willing to wait it out.

I hate bashing on Disney because I love them as well, but Disney opened up the new Fantasyland without its marquee ride open at all. And to be honest, really dragged out the opening because they have the luxury of being able to. Its not a Disaster that 7D wasnt open and it is absolutely not a disaster that Gringotts is at lower capacity.

What is groundbreaking about Gringotts other than the mashup of ride vehicles?

Well I thought there were screens on FJ style arms and there was that drop section, like a teeter totter section or something. IDK but from what everyone has been saying since we started getting Gringotts details, it's supposed to be a pretty big step up as a ride. Was it my word choice? Maybe I meant unique... But I'm pretty sure that everyone was saying that Gringotts was something special and had quite a few really neat elements...

I agree that there is undoubtedly a double-standard regarding Disney vs Universal. But I dont think Gringotts is a disaster...I applaud Uni for having it open at all considering its technological complexity. A disaster would be delaying opening.

That being said, 7 Dwarves' capacity issues (which were just pessimistic predictions anyway) was not a disaster either and was way overhyped here.

But they did delay opening because of it. Almost all insiders know that it was originally opening before this. Even internal projections show Grand Opening was in June. Look I am not saying Uni did an awful job it is all over. I am saying that this is an issue and for the general public those kinds of waits are not acceptable. I understand it is a new ride and that it will have longer waits than normal. However if it was at full capacity (as it should be) then the waits would be cut in half. Honestly I understand why they did what they did, but I am wondering if Uni is pushing it too hard or having timelines that are too aggressive. They open themselves up for this stuff. The land is amazing, the rides are amazing. I am not taking that away from them. But they did mess up by not having this at full capacity. I am hoping they get it there soon, but honestly, I don't see soon being a week.

Well I thought there were screens on FJ style arms and there was that drop section, like a teeter totter section or something. IDK but from what everyone has been saying since we started getting Gringotts details, it's supposed to be a pretty big step up as a ride. Was it my word choice? Maybe I meant unique... But I'm pretty sure that everyone was saying that Gringotts was something special and had quite a few really neat elements...

No, no... please don't take that as an assault... just a question. It's mummy and spider-man tech tossed together with some wild caveats. It is not even clear if the kuka screen is an effect that one is shocked by during the ride, or merely incidental to moving forward in that direction; meaning, it is not even noticed as an effect.

No, no... please don't take that as an assault... just a question. It's mummy and spider-man tech tossed together with some wild caveats. It is not even clear if the kuka screen is an effect that one is shocked by during the ride, or merely incidental to moving forward in that direction; meaning, it is not even noticed as an effect.

Do you mean that there is a screen on a robotic arm that moves with the car?

If not, what do you mean by kuka screen?

It total I waited 3 hours 13 mins in the single rider line. Those who boarded with me had waited 8 hours in the stand by. The ride was great and technology was really impressive.

I believe it's the latter, as in, not noticed as an effect. At the end, part of the screen "disappears" creating a "doorway" for the cart to exit the scene/room. If it's used somewhere else, I have no idea where.

8 hours, wow. I can't imagine waiting that long for one ride. Maybe if I had an annual pass and went a lot. But not as a visitor from out of town.

8 hours, wow. I can't imagine waiting that long for one ride. Maybe if I had an annual pass and went a lot. But not as a visitor from out of town.

Yes an AP is the only way I would do that.Can you imagine spending over 110.00 dollars to ride this(just About only this ride with the wait times today)
admission and parking

Those wait times are crazy. I hope it's just because it's the first day and it slows down by next month. I waited over 2 hours in the heat for Rip, Ride, Rockit the first day it opened and I wanted to lose my mind.

Sorry if it's been asked but does Gringotts have Express?

Just fyi I've been in the queue for DA since 7:30am (35 minutes ago) and I am about 20-30 minutes from the entrance (but the line has stopped moving). Then onto the line for Gringotts which I hope is not painfully long. Thought I was getting here early enough but apparently not.

Just fyi I've been in the queue for DA since 7:30am (35 minutes ago) and I am about 20-30 minutes from the entrance (but the line has stopped moving). Then onto the line for Gringotts which I hope is not painfully long. Thought I was getting here early enough but apparently not.

It seems at the moment that a few minutes difference in arrival time translates into a few hours difference in queue... Let us know how you get on!