Wizarding world Proposal | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding world Proposal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Perhaps start a fun little discussion with the Hogwarts Express conductor that gets him to reach in his pocket for something, and when he pulls his hand back out he reveals the ring. Obviously, you then take the ring from him, have him make a funny yet sentimental remark, and then begin to work your own magic!

Or in the gift shop (after you both have ridden the ride) or in Dervish and Banges, you two can browse for some random stuff and decide on some neat thing to purchase. Have the cashier tell you that you're getting a "free gift with purchase", the cashier then produces the ring.

Ollivanders has been done before already, so try and do something original to be different.

Maybe have a replica of the ring in one of the storefront windows, maybe hanging on a necklace around Hermione's Yule Ball dress, while you guys stand and take pics in front of that window, an employee dressed up as a wizard walks by and you ask a question to them regarding the ring in the window. The wizard gives a spiel(that you right) that is the magical love ring made to bring the love and souls of 2 people together, blah blah..you can elaborate on that, after the spiel the wizard takes out a wand, casts a spell and the ring "magically" shows up in your hand, tells you that you are worthy of that ring and at the moment you do the proposal.

Granted it won't be in front of a crowd completely trained on you as in Ollivanders and there may be people walking by that will stop and see, but you won't be announcing it to the world to stare if you don't want that.

Yeah, but unless OP's partner knows that and has seen the footage, I still think it could work. Who cares if its been done before? Few proposals, even the fun ones, are 100% unique anymore.

thinking ollivanders wouldn't be that good because they all seemed rushed to have to get out of there

- - - Updated - - -

Ollivanders has been done before already, so try and do something original to be different.

Maybe have a replica of the ring in one of the storefront windows, maybe hanging on a necklace around Hermione's Yule Ball dress, while you guys stand and take pics in front of that window, an employee dressed up as a wizard walks by and you ask a question to them regarding the ring in the window. The wizard gives a spiel(that you right) that is the magical love ring made to bring the love and souls of 2 people together, blah blah..you can elaborate on that, after the spiel the wizard takes out a wand, casts a spell and the ring "magically" shows up in your hand, tells you that you are worthy of that ring and at the moment you do the proposal.

Granted it won't be in front of a crowd completely trained on you as in Ollivanders and there may be people walking by that will stop and see, but you won't be announcing it to the world to stare if you don't want that.

i really like this idea, and it would be perfect to be on Hermione's dress since she is her favorite character. For the midnight premieres she dresses as Hermione and I dressed as Rom =P

It certainly would be unique and hasn't been done before (that I know of) and if Uni would be willing to do that for you guys, I think it could be incredible.

Would be awesome if you have someone else there to video tape if for you.

Good luck! :thumbs:

okay I just phoned and they said they can't do anything about marriage proposals all they do is weddings and stuff like that. So i would really like to know how ppl have done it before

- - - Updated - - -

so it looks like i'll just have to find a nice spot, i'm open for more ideas because so far you guys have come up with great stuff :) on a side note i'm about to leave to go ring shopping :D

Another idea I have:

When you guys get in the park, when you have a moment, send her away to the bathroom or in a store or something and run to the cart in front of Forbidden Journey and tell the employee to hide the ring wrapped around a wand, but not just any wand, a replica of Hermione's (since you said she's a fan). Then run back and meet up with her, see the cart and tell her you want to buy her a wand, show her a regular box of Hermione's wand so she can see it, have her put it away, and when you buy it, make sure the employee gives you the one with ring in it. Then just find a quiet spot that you can relax, like in the Owlry, she opens the box, sees the ring and boom! :thumbs:

Damn, I'm good....

Another idea I have:

When you guys get in the park, when you have a moment, send her away to the bathroom or in a store or something and run to the cart in front of Forbidden Journey and tell the employee to hide the ring wrapped around a wand, but not just any wand, a replica of Hermione's (since you said she's a fan). Then run back and meet up with her, see the cart and tell her you want to buy her a wand, show her a regular box of Hermione's wand so she can see it, have her put it away, and when you buy it, make sure the employee gives you the one with ring in it. Then just find a quiet spot that you can relax, like in the Owlry, she opens the box, sees the ring and boom! :thumbs:

Damn, I'm good....

lol you are good, that sounds like it very much would work thanks I might actually do that :)