Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Your Favorite Universal memory?

I've been very lucky and was able at different points in my life to be a passholder at UO and USH, so I have many memories....

But one I'll never forget was getting to USH at rope drop...and being one of 10 people walking into the park. My buddy and I rushed to the Lower Lot and got on Transformers with no one else in our vehicle. We knew every line, every motion (having been on the ride 30+ times) and we screamed and acted like idiots, pretending to punch Megatron during his fights with Optimus. We basically got to act like we were 8 years old again, and it was awesome.

I traveled with my mom and sister to Universal during Spring Break in 2006. They were interested in seeing Ellen tape at Citywalk and I was dying to ride Revenge of the Mummy for the first time. So, I dragged them there for rope drop one morning, only to find out the ride was closed due to “technical difficulties”. I wouldn’t budge. 20 minutes of waiting at the entrance, we were given the cue to go in.

Everything was normal until we hit the dead end in the scarab room, where to our right was a film crew, and to our left was Brendan Fraser! He acted like an animatronic for a second, then laughed and said, “Hey, no it’s really me. Enjoy the ride!” Turns out they were filming a segment for Ellen.

Pretty cool to have that happen on my first time riding ROTM!
Did Brendan finally have his cup of coffee?

EDIT: Not to stray too far from the topic, but did you make it onto the show?

Last edited:
First time I ever ventured to USO was in 2016 on a family Florida trip. Went with my wife, 2 sisters and one brother in law. Only did US for one day but I remember walking into Diagon Alley first time, that was something else!

Next memory is our Nov 2018 trip with wife and son. We stayed at Cabana Bay for 3 nights. I just remember pulling into the front of the hotel and we were all sooo excited. It was a great trip!

I traveled with my mom and sister to Universal during Spring Break in 2006. They were interested in seeing Ellen tape at Citywalk and I was dying to ride Revenge of the Mummy for the first time. So, I dragged them there for rope drop one morning, only to find out the ride was closed due to “technical difficulties”. I wouldn’t budge. 20 minutes of waiting at the entrance, we were given the cue to go in.

Everything was normal until we hit the dead end in the scarab room, where to our right was a film crew, and to our left was Brendan Fraser! He acted like an animatronic for a second, then laughed and said, “Hey, no it’s really me. Enjoy the ride!” Turns out they were filming a segment for Ellen.

Pretty cool to have that happen on my first time riding ROTM!
He should've gone "Its me! Its real! Got any coffee?"

But my lord this interaction is legit my DREAM

I've got two!

1) Riding Jurassic Park: The Ride during my first trip to USH as a kid. It was also my first trip to a Universal park, period, but I was so hyped for JP specifically that I barely slept during the nights leading up and almost puked while waiting in line because I was so excited lol. The entire trip was obviously memorable but I'll never forget that feeling of anticipation, and of course the ride was great.

2) Going to IOA for a second time (first time since middle school) in 2012 for Wizarding World. My first trip to IOA was memorable also, but not like this. Walking into Hogsmeade for the first time was mindblowing.

I've been very lucky and was able at different points in my life to be a passholder at UO and USH, so I have many memories....

But one I'll never forget was getting to USH at rope drop...and being one of 10 people walking into the park. My buddy and I rushed to the Lower Lot and got on Transformers with no one else in our vehicle. We knew every line, every motion (having been on the ride 30+ times) and we screamed and acted like idiots, pretending to punch Megatron during his fights with Optimus. We basically got to act like we were 8 years old again, and it was awesome.
This was my fam and friends when we had our own ride vehicle on Mummy. Form the first turn, all of "ARE YOU INSANE? GET OUT OF HERE!" from beginning to end, screaming unnecessarily, CUP OF COFFEE, thats also one of my favorite memories. Awesome when you're able to make it so personal

I got a laundry list.. :lol:

As mentioned in the podcast, I was among the first to be able to ride Jaws V.2 during soft openings.

Driving by Universal in 1998, and seeing a whole bunch of construction. We had no idea a new park was coming, let alone all the changes that were being made. I remember the walls around the perimeter of the resort and seeing red, blue and green coaster tracks reaching into the sky.

We came back to Orlando in March 1999. We were completely blown away at the new look around the Resort, especially CityWalk, and ate at the new Margaritaville. We sat on the patio and saw the Hulk Coaster and Doom's Fear Fall running. We knew we were gonna come back in May to experience the new park.

My first HHN in 2002. After wanting to go for so long, I had decided to finally go because of the Marvel "Under Seige" and the Carnage house. I remember not being able to sleep the night before and starting the drive up at 8am. I recall being in IOA when they were setting up all the scare zones. I was happy with most of the houses and zones (special no thanks to Fear Factor) but fell in love after Screamhouse. The thirst to know more and start looking ahead to 2003's HHN was the reason I got into all this.

This was my fam and friends when we had our own ride vehicle on Mummy. Form the first turn, all of "ARE YOU INSANE? GET OUT OF HERE!" from beginning to end, screaming unnecessarily, CUP OF COFFEE, thats also one of my favorite memories. Awesome when you're able to make it so personal
Yeah, I was there with my now-wife and some really close friends of ours -- they are are all massive Harry Potter fans and there were literal tears of joy for like, two hours straight haha. I didn't get emotional, but yeah, seeing them so excited and moved was really memorable. I was mostly just taken back by the scope and detail of everything. I'd been to theme parks many times over the years on family vacations but this was a brand new experience. It sparked a big interest that I have to this day!

Going to IOA for the first time in 2015. It was so different from disney and I loved Harry Potter and Spider-Man. Only thing I'm sad about was not being able to experience dueling dragons because of how long the line was (must've been three hours.)

My first of many visits to Universal Hollywood was when I was 4 such a weird time for universal. 2001 or 2002? Backdraft was still there, ET, old studio tour with mummy and original Kong, but on the tail end of their life. Shrek was opening soon and I saw the little outside stage show which I have video of lol, back to the future was my favorite ride. My favorite memory was the Wild West stunt show and of course waterworld haha