Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom | Inside Universal Forums

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jerroddragon

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2017
I think a thread for this game would be nice. People can add tips, tricks and post in game stories (also we can talk about the DLC I'm sure will we hear about later this yea or next)

So far its sitting at a 96% on Metacritic

Some tips for early game

For people wanting to see the games Performance

This is the first game I've ever preordered. Picking up a hard copy at 10am tomorrow. Love collecting physical Zelda games. Wish I still had my OG Zelda NES gold cartridge. Can't wait to see how speedrunners and glitch hunters break this game!

Reactions: Jerroddragon
This is the first game I've ever preordered. Picking up a hard copy at 10am tomorrow. Love collecting physical Zelda games. Wish I still had my OG Zelda NES gold cartridge. Can't wait to see how speedrunners and glitch hunters break this game!
For me it was too much for too little

I just don't need anything in the collectors edition this go but did get the Twilight Link Amiibo and New Link Amiibo for the game. If they have some exclusive Figure I'd have paid 200 for a collectors edition but they went a cheaper version which appears to be sold out most places so most people see to still want it with just the pins, poster, steel book and art book

As much as I was enjoying BOTW while I played it, it is still a game I haven't finished because there's just so much grinding that is needed, the UI is so convoluted (and it's weird in combat) and the cooking and all of that just felt like chores that I was not into at all when I just wanted to be progressing in the game but I had to go find different items to make foods or something wasting so much of my play time and I eventually just put it down even though the actual story is really good.

I plan to pick it back up and finish it soonish. Is this game a bit more streamlined in the UI and everything?

As much as I was enjoying BOTW while I played it, it is still a game I haven't finished because there's just so much grinding that is needed, the UI is so convoluted (and it's weird in combat) and the cooking and all of that just felt like chores that I was not into at all when I just wanted to be progressing in the game but I had to go find different items to make foods or something wasting so much of my play time and I eventually just put it down even though the actual story is really good.

I plan to pick it back up and finish it soonish. Is this game a bit more streamlined in the UI and everything?
Personally I find the UI to be very streamlined in Breath of The Wild. Nearly all of the major functions are mapped to the back triggers, and the d-pad lets you quickly swap out weapons. The only regular function that requires you to open the menu is consuming food. A lot of the dungeons were helped by having good weapons and food, but that's something I was naturally doing over the course of the game while exploring, and rarely something I needed to go out of the way for.

All that being said though, in regards to what you mentioned, Tears of The Kingdom is pretty much identical. If you didn't like BoTW, this game probably will not do much for you.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Wonderful game. Got Final Fantasy 6 Remastered and it’s been an effort juggling both this and FFVI, with Tears just hooking me every time I pick up the control.

So far this feels less grindy than BotW, I actually had to drop BotW after a certain point because I got bored. This feels much more varied

Reactions: Nick
I’m like 40ish hours into playing it. Love it and think it’s better than BotW. However, I still really hate that
The Master Sword still loses energy. After doing all that to get it and it’s restored. Makes no sense.
. I really enjoy the story this time.

I'll need to play more but BOTW for me just flowed better. I really did not care for the starting area but maybe once I beat the game i will feel differently

This is a great game but......its very much a sequel not that that is bad but the first game was a little more simpler and I was much more addictive to. With Batteries they could have had those as upgrades in shrines and not made you regrind to get all your health/stamina back
I'm not saying Link should be full powered at the start but could have had 6 hearts and extra stamina to make it feel different from the first game

Reactions: Grabnar
Any Fuse tips? I'm pretty much just fusing a rock or Soldier Construct Horn on every weapon. I did pick up a sword with a shroom fused to it and it pushes enemies way back when you hit them!

Any Fuse tips? I'm pretty much just fusing a rock or Soldier Construct Horn on every weapon. I did pick up a sword with a shroom fused to it and it pushes enemies way back when you hit them!
Try fusing Zonai devices to your sword or shield. Those tend to be the most unique combinations in the game.

Reactions: Skold
There are some easy item duplication glitches in the game

I know they are not for everyone but if you dont want to grip too much for Rupees or expand your battery, there are ways to cheese it

Yeah, that item dupe glitch is stupid easy.

This game is so broken already. It helped that the game leaked 2 weeks early. Any% speedrun WR is sub 1:10 already - with NO paraglider.

The sax part is so beautiful.