Zootopia show to replace It's Tough To Be A Bug | Inside Universal Forums

Zootopia show to replace It's Tough To Be A Bug

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, as I said in the other thread, I think this is best case scenario for those of use who don't think the IP belongs in the park short of it just not coming altogether. It's a small, people eating b-ticket attraction and tbh i'd rather they replace ITTBAB than MuppetVision. I'd love for them to actually spend a small bit of money on MV3D and remaster it.

I'd prefer to keep Tree of Life as is, but it's obvious that Disney wants A Bug's Life to be a distant memory. Zootopia just doesn't make sense inside a giant tree but whatever Disney.....hopefully we see at least a few cool new animatronics.

Hopefully it's less terrifying for kids.
Considering what the world is like these days the fact that children would be "terrified" of this show is laughable.

I’m going to assume by the art Officer Clawhauser is a animatronic. Hopper was always what made ITTBAB special, so I hope we get a animatronic for this show.
It would make sense they’re just doubling up on creating Clawhausers.

Reactions: Nick
It would make sense they’re just doubling up on creating Clawhausers.
Yup, Shanghai pretty much funded the cost of the one for the Zootopia ride so might as well take advantage. This (should be) a quick and easy thing that really mostly depends on Disney Animation doing the animation for the 12 or so minute show. It's like upgrades with Star Tours - after a certain point, all WDI has to do is wait for LucasFilm to send back a finished product and then sync it up to the ride.

I wonder how much is going to be changed and upgraded. I read on Micechat a while back that AK's ITTAB never got upgraded to digital projection like DCA's version before that closed for Web Slingers/Avengers Campus. Maybe projector upgrades? I also wonder if they are going to install new animatronics where the Spiders come down from the ceiling. But overall this looks promising and much better plus more relevant than ITTAB.

I tend to agreee, but replacing underutilized capacity effectively is an addition.

Yup, I think MK/Epcot are the parks that could benefit from these type of future projects.

Epcot capacity (from a numbers perspective) is high… but a good chunk is underutilized. While I personally hated the move for selfish reasons, putting the Beauty and the Beast singalong during the day is a capacity boost.