Disneyland Resort | Page 151 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well THAT is thoroughly depressing to see. Curious to know why they had to completely rip apart the front section of the queue to expand further left of the Mansion exterior. Same goes for the tombstone removal on the back hill.

Reactions: biggerboat16
Ah yes. Disney continuing to do what they seem to do best nowadays: Chance stuff that nobody asked to change and drag their heels on adding things.

Haunted Mansion queue was fine the way it was. Why change it? I mean I knew there were changes coming and whatnot but this seems…excessive.

Why did they have to tear up the area directly in front of the Mansion? I was under the impression this work was primarily going to be addressing the (interminable) switchback area off to the side.
There is concept art but they are expanding the Q into some area that used to be just new orleans

They are adding a new fountain area and band stand and also working in the NO train station

Along with the new gift shop at the exit of the ride, I think they just want to freshen up the area because of Tia’s ride opening soon as well

Edit: to each there own but the HM Q was boring for an hour, not much to look at and when it got busy just spilled into the land. This new Q will help and also they needed to upgrade the accessibility entrance which would have closed the area for a long time anyway so they killed two birds with one stone

Pirates Q needs to be reworked as well just spills into the land

Tomorrow needs work but it’s clear they aren’t touching it, so I’m happy toontown and other lands still get re freshed

There is concept art but they are expanding the Q into some area that used to be just new orleans

They are adding a new fountain area and band stand and also working in the NO train station

Edit: to each there own but the HM Q was boring for an hour, not much to look at and when it got busy just spilled into the land. This new Q will help and also they needed to upgrade the accessibility entrance
Except none of this has anything to do with the FRONT area of the exterior ride building & did NOT need to be touched! They're extending to the left, which, last time I checked, was NOT the front of the mansion!

If you think the outdoor queue was "boring" before, you're going to be severely disappointed when this is done.

Except none of this has anything to do with the FRONT area of the exterior ride building & did NOT need to be touched! They're extending to the left, which, last time I checked, was NOT the front of the mansion!

If you think the outdoor queue was "boring" before, you're going to be severely disappointed when this is done.
I doubt it, they are adding gardens to where the switch backs were.

I think they are re configuring the entire Q since it will be down for months...which means I think the entire Q will work pretty differently then before which is why they are taking out the lawn.

It's not just here...but its getting so triesome that everything Disney does is bad....I'll wait before hating on this. Like Disney just made Toontown better, Adventureland Tree house is better then what it was before and so is San Frantokyo, at least at Disneyland the new improvements are just that improvements.

I'll wait before hating on this because all I see in them trying to improve land and Q flow

Reactions: alias8703 and IzzyB
You do realize that they're adding MORE switchbacks right? That's literally what a queue expansion is. They aren't replacing the existing exterior queue with flowers/plants (which already had them).
I consider this an upgrade for the Q, and to me I see more themeing. Not going to convince you, its better if you dislike it go for it but I see it as an improvement

New-Haunted-Mansion-Gardens-Concept-artwork-courtesy-of-Disneyland-Resort-.jpeg

Reactions: alias8703
I don't think the park needs more AP's from being going recently....not sure if they are planning to let more people in but the parks feel packed so this will either just make it harder for MK holders to get the dates they want or more people will be let into the parks soon

Reactions: kristenabelle
They need to just stop doing the reservations & let people go on a whim. And the passes shouldn't be an on again/off again type sale (especially when they're already high priced).

Disney: hey we're selling passes again
GP: that's nice, we broke.

They need to just stop doing the reservations & let people go on a whim. And the passes shouldn't be an on again/off again type sale (especially when they're already high priced).

Disney: hey we're selling passes again
GP: that's nice, we broke.
Then people need to stop going and buying thing

I went once in January and it was clam but besides that it's been pretty packed not insane but they for sure are getting people in

Only thing that seems to be slowing down are the after dark events because the SW one didn't sell out for a while after it's been up

It's the 3rd consecutive year for Star Wars Nite, with nothing new & more nights available, it's not going to sell out instantly.

Also, you have to factor in the Seasons of the Force non-separately ticketed event that will be going on. Not much incentive to spend $100+ for the 4hr after dark event.

It's the 3rd consecutive year for Star Wars Nite, with nothing new & more nights available, it's not going to sell out instantly.

Also, you have to factor in the Seasons of the Force non-separately ticketed event that will be going on. Not much incentive to spend $100+ for the 4hr after dark event.

They also cut the fireworks from all the "after dark" events this year, so you're paying more for less.

• Wow
Reactions: UNIrd and Wesker69

Still not interested.

Cut reservations and maybe I'll consider. Even then,benefits have been reduced to nothing, and prices are so high, I just don't see the value.

I think I'll just stick with going every once in a while and stick with my Knott's and Universal passes. I had my fair share of being an AP holder in the 2010's.