Disneyland Resort | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So while I don't think it would have been worth it, I think Disney should get better at advertising some of these events

I had no idea they'd have so many Disney Afternoon characters, if I was rich it would have been a no brained to get to see these rare characters

But also....Disney you need to do some REAL shows. Like cool you don't want fireworks then at least do some projection shows....one on main street and one on the rivers of america

There isn't a dedicated Haunted Mansion thread
That's a crime. After 50+ years, you think it would have one lol

So while I don't think it would have been worth it, I think Disney should get better at advertising some of these events
They're advertised just fine. It's just that they're not worth the price-tag. The positive is getting into the park around 5/6pm & rampaging through as many rides as possible beforehand.

It's not easy to see everything offered during the 4hrs of the event. That's why Star Wars Nite was so lame & I gave it 2 chances.

I had no idea they'd have so many Disney Afternoon characters
Well, I mean, they did provide a list of nearly everything offered & teased rare sightings.

But also....Disney you need to do some REAL shows
Not practical or feasible for a 4hr event. If it was roughly 6-8hrs, then maybe. But having done Oogie Boogie Bash in 2019, you had to choose: entertainment, treat trails or characters. You couldn't do it all. When you're paying $130+, it isn't worth it.

There isn't a dedicated Haunted Mansion thread, but I came across this video on YouTube this morning and think it's well worth a watch if you haven't seen it before. Lots of great tidbits (including a reference to a former mentor of Tony Baxter's spearheading USJ).

I absolutely love listening to Baxter talking about the craft of designing attractions.

That's a crime. After 50+ years, you think it would have one lol

They're advertised just fine. It's just that they're not worth the price-tag. The positive is getting into the park around 5/6pm & rampaging through as many rides as possible beforehand.

It's not easy to see everything offered during the 4hrs of the event. That's why Star Wars Nite was so lame & I gave it 2 chances.

Well, I mean, they did provide a list of nearly everything offered & teased rare sightings.

Not practical or feasible for a 4hr event. If it was roughly 6-8hrs, then maybe. But having done Oogie Boogie Bash in 2019, you had to choose: entertainment, treat trails or characters. You couldn't do it all. When you're paying $130+, it isn't worth it.
I mean, events in 2023 had fireworks and other entertainment

They have for sure cut down on these after hour events because 90 nights had fireworks

I agree they don't see worth it and I think Disney needs to just push them to weekends and have them as real events longer and able to provide bigger things for the events

I mean, events in 2023 had fireworks and other entertainment
I watched the fireworks for Star Wars Nite the first time. It was "meh". I've seen better (SWW at DHS). Hell even the DL anniversary fireworks TL/ST segment was better lol

I skipped the fireworks last year. And I STILL didn't get all the characters in, not that they had a lot. Lines for some were ridiculous. Some you couldn't even get a pic "with", just see (Palpatine, Luke, Leia, Vader, Maul etc). Amidala & Anakin had the line cut-off for the night shortly after the event started.

Is there a reason Baxter was never promoted higher?

He seems to be universally loved, seems weird they didn't give him more control over the parks since not only did he understand them but he backed it up with attractions like Big Thunder and Splash

Is there a reason Baxter was never promoted higher?

He seems to be universally loved, seems weird they didn't give him more control over the parks since not only did he understand them but he backed it up with attractions like Big Thunder and Splash
Higher to what position? He ended his tenure with WDI as the Senior Vice President of Creative Development for Imagineering. It doesn’t get much higher than that. Any job above that basically would pull him away from actually doing the thing he loves (designing for Disney.)

Also, politics play a huge role in who is gonna get promoted in any business. Just cuz someone is well liked doesn’t mean the company thinks they should be running the place.

I had no idea they'd have so many Disney Afternoon characters, if I was rich it would have been a no brained to get to see these rare characters

But also....Disney you need to do some REAL shows. Like cool you don't want fireworks then at least do some projection shows....one on main street and one on the rivers of america

I actually also feel like it wasn't advertised enough for me, I don't know what the price tag would have been but I think I would have loved this too.
I also did stumble upon this. The song used in it will definitely hit different for us. (Lookin' at you, @AlexanderMBush :v)

I actually also feel like it wasn't advertised enough for me, I don't know what the price tag would have been but I think I would have loved this too.
I also did stumble upon this. The song used in it will definitely hit different for us. (Lookin' at you, @AlexanderMBush :v)

Perry understands the holy chapel of Gasolina that built Universal Studios Hollywood--he wishes to share it so Disney can finally stop sitting on their arse.

So there’s a rumor going around that a Mandalorian roller coaster would be coming to Disneyland Paris. I bring this up because there is still an expansion plot behind the Tie Fighter stage and next to the Falcon building. This would be our chance to have something akin to Cosmic Rewind over here, if that’s what this coaster is going to be. Hopefully they consider it for DL as well!

In 10 years? 100% but I will be honest as someone who goes to the parks a lot now.....I love DCA but it needs more

It needs another people eater ride and needs 1 if not 2 E tickets that rival the Cars Racers. Racers to this day 12 years later is the last real E ticket to come to DCA (GoTG is a reskin of an E ticket but didn't add a another ride to the park) it just need more love. DCA costs the same amount as Disneyland and Disneyland is good besides Tommorrowland, Toontown got redone, and now HM/Splash area is getting refreshed

Disneyland just got the Adventureland Tree house, Indy got a new scene along with many of the dark rides getting upgrades like Alice and Snow white, Splash redo, HM is getting a new Q/rumored new effects/New Orleans getting updated, Toontwon Redo with Mickey E ticket and Galaxy Edge with a D ticket and Super E ticket

Love Disneyland and if they will do two attractions in the same year go for it but I would like DCA to get 2-3 attractions in the next 5 years, it really needs to the way the crowds are it shows that DCA just needs to be updated