Horror Movies Thread | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is anyone heading to both? If you were only going to one, which would you pick? Please help me choose!!
I mean... Ghostbusters comes out tomorrow, so pretty sure most are flocking to that before anything else

If you have to see one of those though, go whichever looks the scariest & most unnerving. Then set expectations very low to be pleasantly surprised

Question for the group, what’s everyone seeing this weekend?

My first choice is Late Night With The Devil, however, there’s only 2 showings per night with already abysmal available seats.

Immaculate has more showings and, thus, more availability.

Is anyone heading to both? If you were only going to one, which would you pick? Please help me choose!!
I'd have to drive a fair distance to see either, but if given the choice, I'd absolutely be picking LATE NIGHT WITH THE DEVIL.

I'm probably settling for GHOSTBUSTERS this weekend.

I mean... Ghostbusters comes out tomorrow, so pretty sure most are flocking to that before anything else

Not much interest in seeing the new Ghostbusters, which was why I asked in the horror thread about the 2 horror films coming out this weekend, but I definitely understand Ghostbusters is the blockbuster choice this weekend for most!

Reactions: Legacy
I'd probably go with Immaculate, but I don't think you can make a wrong choice here. We might do a double-feature with Immaculate and then Ghostbusters as a palette cleanser.

Or we'll just grab a beer after Immaculate.

Reactions: Allison
Question for the group, what’s everyone seeing this weekend?

My first choice is Late Night With The Devil, however, there’s only 2 showings per night with already abysmal available seats.

Immaculate has more showings and, thus, more availability.

If you're in the States, just get AMC Stubs and you'll be able to see both in the same day!

I was really excited to see this film and now I will not be supporting it. So disappointing. Especially for something as minimal as this, could've easily had an artist make it.

• Sad
Reactions: Allison
Seriously? I don't really appreciate your tone. I was planning to see the movie but I don't support the usage of AI like that in any film/tv series. If you think that's okay, whatever dude. It doesn't matter that it was only for 3 images they shouldn't have used Ai in the first place.

Because it's not really that big of a deal unless AI dominated the ENTIRE film. AI is going to be a thing going forward, there's no escaping it. That's like saying you're not going to watch a movie because they licensed a song of someone that did something wrong and you don't like that artist because of it.

Plus you can't tell tone through text.

Nah, you can't let it worm its way in right now. That's how you get AI "dominating an entire production" down the line.

We don't have guardrails on this thing. Plus, given recent revelations, we don't even know if this ugly midjourney skeleton is plagiarized from some poor, random Twitter artist. I'd feel more comfortable if IATSE had an AI agreement and if the courts had settled the massive copyright issues, which might take years.

Because it's not really that big of a deal unless AI dominated the ENTIRE film. AI is going to be a thing going forward, there's no escaping it. That's like saying you're not going to watch a movie because they licensed a song of someone that did something wrong and you don't like that artist because of it.
It's not up to you to dictate someone's red line or to decide what is or isn't a big deal for someone else. You're welcome to go see the movie if you wish, but I share others' disappointment that they refused to use an actual artist for this work.

I was really excited to see this film and now I will not be supporting it. So disappointing. Especially for something as minimal as this, could've easily had an artist make it.

Let me say that I don't approve of AI getting used when someone deserving could have gotten a job, but this isn't worth disregarding all of the work everyone else put into the movie. Unfortunately, stuff like this will become the norm. Especially on low low low budget movies such as this.

With that being said, I hope you decide to see it eventually. The movie rocks and Dastmalchian is perfect in it.

Unfortunately, stuff like this will become the norm. Especially on low low low budget movies such as this.
I hear you, but this kind of cynicism is what allows it to be the norm. I too am looking forward to large multinational corporations squeezing us and the planet dry before I die, but I’m still going to tell them where to shove it at every available opportunity.

There’s a fine line with AI. I see completely AI-generated work as being terrible (and it’s not currently at a point where that would be any good anyway).

If you’re making a movie and you’re tight on budget/time, though, I can see AI being a useful way to fill in the details. It sounds like AI was used to create a couple of interstitial images that were brushed up upon by real people later…if the production’s limitations made it so that the choice was that or nothing, I’m personally okay with using AI to templatize little filler things. It’s not taking away jobs if the option was AI or nothing (tentpole blockbuster with armies of talent and endless resources…that would be a different story).