Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 108 37.2%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 182 62.8%

• Total voters
Every park guest outside the ride....
Jurassic Park GIF by Vidiots

If Universal decides to ever update JPRA and the land as a whole, first off I think the ship has sailed on theming it to the Jurassic World trilogy from 2015-2022. With the franchise getting a new film in 2025, maybe it's possible that any substantial re-theme could pull from this new iteration of the franchise. Or maybe there will be yet another iteration of JW they will update it to if and when the time comes.

Reactions: biggerboat16
If Universal decides to ever update JPRA and the land as a whole, first off I think the ship has sailed on theming it to the Jurassic World trilogy from 2015-2022. With the franchise getting a new film in 2025, maybe it's possible that any substantial re-theme could pull from this new iteration of the franchise. Or maybe there will be yet another iteration of JW they will update it to if and when the time comes.
I do find it interesting to see what Japan’s doing. It seems like they’re giving it a Hollywood-level overhaul but maintaining the classic JP theme. At this point maybe JP is the only thing that is evergreen in the franchise. Given that the Orlando and Japan versions are mirrored clones, maybe they could split research and development costs

Gotta side with @belloq87, that's pretty unacceptable. One down is bad. With both gone, the whole scene falls apart. Glad one is back up, but they should've shut this down until they could accelerate a solution.
There is no solution but a bandaid until full replacement/overhaul.

Why close the attraction when you haven’t allocated any major funds for substantial fixes?

Yeah, closing the attraction over two animatronics being down (minor ones, that first time visitors won't even notice are missing) is really dumb. It's maybe understandable to close the ride if something like the T-rex is missing (even then I don't think they would close it to be honest) but there is no reason to do it here.

Reactions: OrlLover
It's not that there are two animatronics down - it's that both animatronics involved in a pivotal scene of the attraction are both down simultaneously. I wouldn't be calling for a closure if the Baby Stego was missing and one of the Hadrosaurs was kaput, though that would also be frustratingly awful show. If you have both Hardrosaurs missing, all you have to go on is the frenzied narration to justify why the rest of the ride happens. It's unacceptable.

It's not that there are two animatronics down - it's that both animatronics involved in a pivotal scene of the attraction are both down simultaneously. I wouldn't be calling for a closure if the Baby Stego was missing and one of the Hadrosaurs was kaput, though that would also be frustratingly awful show. If you have both Hardrosaurs missing, all you have to go on is the frenzied narration to justify why the rest of the ride happens. It's unacceptable.
Honestly I doubt most people who ride this even make the connection that the Hadrosaur is the reason your boat gets bumped off course. Also I bet most guests would prefer the ride to be open than to be closed because 2 animatronics are missing, that they don't even know about because they've never ridden the ride and they are hidden underwater. Let's be real, most people are just there for the big drop and t-rex at the end.

Gotta side with @belloq87, that's pretty unacceptable. One down is bad. With both gone, the whole scene falls apart. Glad one is back up, but they should've shut this down until they could accelerate a solution.
Closing the attraction down doesn't accelerate anything, they regularly remove animatronics from rides to be repaired, it will return one night randomly and we'll all forget this discussion even happened.

Reactions: OrlLover
I mean, aren’t they the company who decided not to allocate any major funds for substantial fixes? This seems like a false choice.
At this point it’s beating a dead horse on this topic. Universal is not gonna spend a huge amount of money until Epic is closer to opening in my opinion.

That way they get a capacity boost and turn their attention to rides like these that need a major refurbishment.

At this point it’s beating a dead horse on this topic. Universal is not gonna spend a huge amount of money until Epic is closer to opening in my opinion.

That way they get a capacity boost and turn their attention to rides like these that need a major refurbishment.
you mean like the major refurbishment it just got?

Reactions: Clive