Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pet Peeves

Sledge

VIP Member
Jun 20, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
What are some of your biggest pet peeves pertaining to the parks?

When people refer to the Magic Kingdom as Disney World and when people refer to Rock n' Roller Coaster as Rockin' Rollercoaster. Also, can't stand when people refer to Test Track as Fast Track or Mission: Space as Mission To Mars.

Also, hate when people think DHS is Universal and wonder where Shrek is at.

:bang:

I'm not really to keen on the whole "You need to make dining reservations 180days prior to your trip" BS.

I also don't like when I'm trying to leave the Magic Kingdom at night and it's gridlock becuase of the stupid parade.

Oh yeah, and I hate those double wide strollers!!!!

k...i also reallly hate their website...its such a pain to find stuff and could have a lot more information and details. sorry...im just trying to book a vacation now...its just so slow...and BUGGY!!!!

Their website is terrible and has lots of false information.

I agree that the parade makes getting out a pain. I seem to always try to leave at the wrong times.

grrr...i just realized the 180 day dinner reservations too...thats crazy...

i just booked a trip for the first week of march. it should be fun...now tomm i will worry about what to eat for dinner...otherwise we can eat scraps...

I also don't like when I'm trying to leave the Magic Kingdom at night and it's gridlock becuase of the stupid parade.

We usually just try to make sure we're on the left side of Main Street (facing the train station) when it gets close to that time and we're leaving.

My pet peeve is when you're trying to leave during the fireworks and the people in front of you with the strollers keep stopping and turning around to watch. Its like, if you're gonna watch the fireworks then stop and get out of the damn way!

i absolutly hate when the spectromagic parades going on at magic kingdom and if your on the splash mountain side you totally get caught and cant move and get to the other side of the park..when during the parades is the best time to rides those rides!!! we were literally stuck like sausages it was so annoying.

Going anytime in the summer... for SOOO many reasons.
Thats why I am a seasonal passholder.
Getting on the parking tram at night after closing, always hellish.
Seeing a 60 minute wait for Dumbo.. when I can just go on Aladdin's Carpets with a 5 minute wait. Ah well, that's Fantasyland for ya.

Seeing 9 year olds getting pushed around in strollers... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I also hate how some of the CMs have no idea what they're talking about and think they know EVERYTHING about Disney which never the case. If they knew HALF of what most of us know they'd be lucky.

For example, one day we were out at the parks and it was a pretty cold day. I don't know how many of you know but when its really cold out they shut off the "splash" on Splash Mountain. Meaning the splash that gets you when you're about to go up the lift hill on the left side of the drop and the splash that shoots out at the bridge. Anyway, we were trying to get Jason's mom and sister on the ride and we walked by and saw that the splash was not on so we're like, yeah you can go on it...you'll get misted at the end by the water from the drop, but the actual splashes that soak you aren't on. We got up to the queue and just to verify, his mom asked the CM if the splash was really off and the CM was like, 'no its not.' BULL! Are you kidding me right now?! Jason and I were like, "Don't listen to her. She doesn't know what she's talking about."

Didn't she say they couldn't turn the Splash off? That's why I remember it being even more of a :doh:.

I hate that also. They think because they work there they automatically know more than someone who doesn't. They may know where the location of costume storage is, but I'm betting at least 75% don't even know who is CEO of the company, which should be a no brainer. I find myself often telling them stuff that will happen to them or in their area long before they hear about it. My Disney IQ runs laps around theirs. :lol:

Getting on the parking tram at night after closing, always hellish.
Not if you're at the Magic Kingdom and know the REAL best kept Disney secret. :happy:

Didn't she say they couldn't turn the Splash off? That's why I remember it being even more of a :doh:.

Not if you're at the Magic Kingdom and know the REAL best kept Disney secret. :happy:

I didnt know they turned it off...I hate that last wave splash and walking off there soaked. So I always avoided it in winter.

So - when are you going to share the best kept secret??? lol...

So - when are you going to share the best kept secret??? lol...
When I decide it might be fun to battle hundreds of people over parking spots. :lol: Until then, I like being able to pull in, park, and be at the Magic Kingdom in less than 10 minutes and having avoided the tram and hundreds of other people. :)

PM me if you really want to know and I'll fill you in. :lol:

When I decide it might be fun to battle hundreds of people over parking spots. :lol: Until then, I like being able to pull in, park, and be at the Magic Kingdom in less than 10 minutes and having avoided the tram and hundreds of other people. :)

PM me if you really want to know and I'll fill you in. :lol:

I believe I know what your talking about. Does this involve the Contemporary by any chance?

I got one but it may be Sledge's so fell free to delte if it is.

If your arriving at the Magic Kingdom in the morning and your not staying on Disney property, most likey you are parking at the TTC. Pay to park there and when you take the tram up to the Ticket Center, haul ass to the left until you reach the Polyneisan. It's a 5 minute walk or less. Once there, go upstairs and get on the resort monroail to Magic Kingdom.

I got one but it may be Sledge's so fell free to delte if it is.

If your arriving at the Magic Kingdom in the morning and your not staying on Disney property, most likey you are parking at the TTC. Pay to park there and when you take the tram up to the Ticket Center, haul ass to the left until you reach the Polyneisan. It's a 5 minute walk or less. Once there, go upstairs and get on the resort monroail to Magic Kingdom.
That's probably longer on days that aren't very busy, especially considering you'll have to wait for that monorail, then once on the monorail have to make a stop at the Grand Floridian.