Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't think having Green Goblin in place of Hobgoblin would make sense. GG and Doc Ock are both talented at being leaders, so I seriously doubt GG would cooperate with being led by Doc Ock. Chances are that he would probably try to overthrow him as leader. Venom in place of Scream hardly makes any sense as well. Venom basically just wants to have revenge on Spider-Man by ruining his life/killing him, yet at the same time, he is an anti-hero that will save innocent bystanders. There is no way Venom would want to take over the city/world.
I wanted Green Goblin over Hobgoblin and Venom over Scream mainly for the sakes of popularity. I believe the majority of the tourists don't even really know the whole Spider-Man universe outside the movies (I think a lot of them mistake the Hobgoblin for the Green Goblin). I do kinda agree with your statement about the characters personalitys being a bit different, but I don't think the average park guest will give a damn.

With the logic of the general public not giving a damn, than why would you be wanting a change at all? The Spiderman fans understand and get the characters, and the general public along with them know it is a fantastic ride. Those things do not need to be changed.

Well what kind of return system does Star Tours 3D have? I'm sure it might be a little similar. Granted, these will be more fragile. But they are both very expensive,

Star Tours still has the same old return system. Just throw them in the bins at the end. Although they did have cast members watching to make sure you didn't take them.

Am I the only one who still thinks all of the characters are remaining? I don't see a hint of a character change even. The quote said:
To take advantage of new HD clarity and detail, Universal Orlando is adding entirely new details to the film – and leaving it up to guests to find them.

If we have to go out of our way to find them, it's much smaller than new characters and more along the lines of the Iron Man easter egg. Just my 2 cents. :shrug:

FINALLY! it about time they gave Spiderman an upgrade! and about the whole replacement of Scream talk, i think if they did replace her they should use The Scorpion (since he'll be in spiderman 4), Carnage, or The Lizard. All of those characters can easily copy Scream's actions in one way or another, but they are a little bit more popular, well known, and could actually use there powers on you (i didnt know what Screams powers were except from watching the queue pre show, and from what i saw she used her hair to cause destruction which was unapparent in the ride). Just my thought on the ride changes.

Not only do I not think any characters will change, I think it would be a huge mistake if they did. People already love the story and attraction. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Messing with the story just opens up a big can of worms. Plus, you will have to change everything in the queue as well. Not worth it.

FINALLY! it about time they gave Spiderman an upgrade! and about the whole replacement of Scream talk, i think if they did replace her they should use The Scorpion (since he'll be in spiderman 4), Carnage, or The Lizard. All of those characters can easily copy Scream's actions in one way or another, but they are a little bit more popular, well known, and could actually use there powers on you (i didnt know what Screams powers were except from watching the queue pre show, and from what i saw she used her hair to cause destruction which was unapparent in the ride). Just my thought on the ride changes.
1. I don't think Scorpion's in the Spiderman reboot, I think Lizard is.
2. They shouldn't mess with it. People like it as is, it's best to just keep it as is.
3. Look at Briman's last post.

I guess I am kind of missing the point. Are they actually changing all the movie animations, or are they just improving the quality and sharpness of it?

I guess I am kind of missing the point. Are they actually changing all the movie animations, or are they just improving the quality and sharpness of it?
They're actually changing all of the animation. Here's a comparison made by Codeblak:

Before:
43499941.jpg

After:
image_569_newspideylr_low.jpg

Edit:

Oh, and something I just noticed. That Iron Man easter that we noticed was there before, but now it's just a lot more noticeable. Look really closely:
lunapic_130611842776208_2.jpg

Last edited:
1. I don't think Scorpion's in the Spiderman reboot, I think Lizard is.
2. They shouldn't mess with it. People like it as is, it's best to just keep it as is.
3. Look at Briman's last post.

about the scorpian and the lizard, i saw a poster that was for Spiderman 4 and it was the scorpion but they might have changed it but im not certain on that. and secondly, i doubt there will be any major changes as well, i was just brainstorming.

While Scream may not be prominent in Spiderman anymore (I don't know. I've read maybe 3 comics in my lifetime.), she was the most memorable part - besides the fall - in my opinion. Jumping on the Scoop was so realistic and her 3D was the most intense I have ever seen in my entire life. That, paired with her grotesque features and wild animal tendencies, actually scared me so much that I jumped and had to take of my glasses. And I wasn't sitting in the middle. I wasn't even in the front row, for that matter. Scream must stay. I can't imagine Venom being as thrilling, not even the giant, steroid-infused monster version.

true but the impact would not be lost if they changed her to venom or carnage, and still get a named character

They would have to change and alter the queue media, and that is more money than need be spent.

Also we don't know all the legalities involved in keeping with the characters they have gone with.