Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Acid Assault

I think a few minutes. It looks awesome. I went through New York about 3 times and wasn't able to catch it resetting, but I'll definitely be looking out for that next time I go.

Once everything goes black it's only about a minute to reset.

I thought this street was too big for its own britches. The scareacters were not into it any of the four times I walked through. There was only one small sud machine making the actual "rain" effect hardly noticeable as it was only sprinkling over the Twister entrance. The projections were neat from a distance but the closer you got the worse then looked so by the time you actually reach the street it's not as engrossing as advertised. If the actors find their groove and more "rain" is added though this street could easily be a contender.

It looks too bright in the area, they need to turn off some lights, but on video it looks better.

Once everything goes black it's only about a minute to reset.

I thought this street was too big for its own britches. The scareacters were not into it any of the four times I walked through. There was only one small sud machine making the actual "rain" effect hardly noticeable as it was only sprinkling over the Twister entrance. The projections were neat from a distance but the closer you got the worse then looked so by the time you actually reach the street it's not as engrossing as advertised. If the actors find their groove and more "rain" is added though this street could easily be a contender.

How wet is the area supposed to be amd is the "rain" just bubbles? As I said Last year, I am not in to getting soaked at HHNs or any Halloween event.

It was still just a bubble machine tonight. Nothing to worry about.

As for my thoughts on the zone, it was simply one of the coolest zones I've ever gone through.

They should have had it from the beginning, it was weird seeing only 2 chainsaws on the street this year in 7.

Went last night and thought it was a great scarezone. The projection effects were really cool. They do look best from far away though.

The scareactors were really into it as well. I loved the guy with the shopping cart.

Also went last night and the scarezone had improved a lot. It was pretty good for opening weekend IMO, but the chainsaws definitely ramp up the atmosphere and the scareactors were really working it, got some good scares!

They should have had it from the beginning, it was weird seeing only 2 chainsaws on the street this year in 7.

I believe them saying they were going to tone down the amount of chainsaws this year and go for more natural scares.

Last edited:
I wish that they had done the projections so that the buildings would crumble over time. That way you could go through the zone at the beginning of the night and have most of it still intact and then as the night went on it would slowly fall apart. I liked the effect, but it just seemed strange to see the buildings keep falling and then coming back up over and over.