Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Falcon's Fury

Animal Care
Safari Center
Jambo Junction
Cave
Elephants
Sarengeti Express
the side of Myombie Preserve/exit
HOS house
Otters

There is a lot there, but just not as glamorus as the other areas.
I was hoping that the new Animal Care would free up some space for more animals there.

I was referring more to the actual attractions, but that's a lot more than I remembered haha. Personally I would have imagined the drop tower going in near Gwazi. There's so much space in the those fields its ridiculous. I feel like they don't need all of it for the concerts/HOS

I was referring more to the actual attractions, but that's a lot more than I remembered haha. Personally I would have imagined the drop tower going in near Gwazi. There's so much space in the those fields its ridiculous. I feel like they don't need all of it for the concerts/HOS

They wont be taking away from the field as it's also used for helicopter landings and other things as well... though they "could" eventually build a permanent stage there, and find another use for it in the off season doing shows and whatnot..

Last weekend Gwazi park was slap full of people for the conert, so they do need all of the space for the events like BB&BBQ, Summer Nights, the Latin series, and HOS. When you think about it they use that area alot.
I would like to see them build a germinate stage and build some berms in the back so the view might be a little better with some elevation, or some stadium seating.

Relieved to hear The Sandstorm isn't being removed. Of all the lands, I agree with Egypt making the most sense. Or maybe Nairobi perhaps?

Anywhere but Bird Gardens. I may be in the minority here, but I enjoy Bird Gardens being ride-free.

Relieved to hear The Sandstorm isn't being removed. Of all the lands, I agree with Egypt making the most sense. Or maybe Nairobi perhaps?

Anywhere but Bird Gardens. I may be in the minority here, but I enjoy Bird Gardens being ride-free.

I agree, they don't need a ride in everycorner of the park, and the animals are are a big part of the appeal for me.
SS has a decent foot print to put over in Egypt, if they took out Tut it would fit.
If they put at by the train station it would be weird to have just a single ride in the area

--- Update ---

I say knock down the 4D theater and put it there. How cool would it be to watch from the Sky Ride?

I agree, they don't need a ride in everycorner of the park, and the animals are are a big part of the appeal for me.
SS has a decent foot print to put over in Egypt, if they took out Tut it would fit.
If they put at by the train station it would be weird to have just a single ride in the area

--- Update ---

I say knock down the 4D theater and put it there. How cool would it be to watch from the Sky Ride?

Or perhaps put the ride inside of tut! Imagine I'm getting all sorts of thematic ideas...anywho I think it could fit right outside of Montu or perhaps over by the railroad stop in Egypt...I don't think they even use that stop anymore...or maybe they started to again?

Or perhaps put the ride inside of tut! Imagine I'm getting all sorts of thematic ideas...anywho I think it could fit right outside of Montu or perhaps over by the railroad stop in Egypt...I don't think they even use that stop anymore...or maybe they started to again?

the egypt station is used sparingly but does get some use out of adventure campers and when another station (nairobe or congo) needs to go out of service for whatever reason.

ParkRumors has the details of the official relocation

Thanks to permits filed with the Southwest Florida Water Management District last week, we now know Sandstorm will be moved into the Morocco section of the park, right across from Gwazi Gliders.

NewLocationLabeled.jpg

ParkRumors has the details of the official relocation

NewLocationLabeled.jpg

Okay, I think that will be a decent place for it. Considering its around Gwazi, it might take on a new Gwazi-esque name like Gwazi Flyers did? Also definitely a smart idea to put the drop tower where Sandstorm is now. Putting it right in the center of the park will provide awesome views of the park.

That area seems to be a good choice. I would have prefereed it over by Montu, but looking at it more, it looks like they would have to either remove something, or block some walkways to put it over there. So I approve (as if that mattered...lol).

A few things,

First, I like the position of the ride. It should fit in well over there and should't get in the way of special events to much. Second and most important is we should see Timbuktu getting some love much like BGW got some when they got there free fall. The thing that makes me most curious is does Busch already have a deal signed with Moser to create there tower here or did they learn there lesson and go with someone else?

If it's the same type as the one at Williamsburg I hope it's taller.

My favorite is still the Power Tower (blue side) at Cedar Point. Slowly ascend 250 feet, hang around up there for a while to build up tension, and then it pushes you down! I was more nervous on that than my first time on Top Thrill Dragster!

A close second goes to Over Georgia's Acrophobia (or any others with that style of restraint). It's not as crotch-killing as it looks, but it's definitely not comfortable. But that's sort of the point. You feel really vulnerable once it starts leaning you forward at the top. Your life is in the hands of that restraint. Major adrenaline rush.

I never really thought of putting Sandstorm by Gwazi, but I like it. It fits well. Curious to see if it's going to be renamed.

I second the notion of making this drop tower as tall as possible. While I think BGT will play it safe and keep it 200 ft. or below, I'd personally love to see it exceed 300+ ft. Go big, or go home!!!

I never really thought of putting Sandstorm by Gwazi, but I like it. It fits well. Curious to see if it's going to be renamed.

I second the notion of making this drop tower as tall as possible. While I think BGT will play it safe and keep it 200 ft. or below, I'd personally love to see it exceed 300+ ft. Go big, or go home!!!

If it is shorter than 200 feet I will be extremely disappointed (unless its a shooter instead of a slow rise).

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/retail/busch-gardens-confirms-sandstorm-moving/1217550

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has filed for permits to remove its Sandstorm ride from the Timbuktu section of the park to make way for a new attraction in 2013.

Busch officials confirmed they are moving the Sandstorm, a portable so-called flat ride, to the plaza in front of the Gwazi twin coasters, but said it was "too preliminary" to talk about what might go in its place.

Based on fan websites and park attraction buying history, speculation is focused on a new drop tower rising in front of the Festhaus. Drop towers, which feature free-fall drops at 60 to 80 miles per hour, can range from simple tummy ticklers at state fairs to the elaborately themed Twilight Zone Tower of Terror at Disney's Hollywood Studios that unpredictably bounces riders up and down a few times.

Busch's sister park in Virginia, which this spring opens a coaster from the same ride builder that created Cheetah Hunt in Tampa, last year debuted a 245-foot-tall drop tower next to the park's Oktoberfest dining hall.

I think they need to do a little more fact checking there at the Tampa Bay Times. The coaster being built @ BGW is a Zierer. Also the name of the Festhaus has been changed for some time at BGT...lol

I assume we can expect a spring 2013 opening date for this tower. I reckon construction will begin in late summer/early fall? If that's the case, I wonder how much longer before Sandstorm is closed down to begin it's relocation process. Curious to see if it's still open for the summer crowds.

Much thanks to ParkRumors who once again has the scoop on BGT's plans. :happy:

Plans filed with the South West Florida Water Management District last week confirm the rumors that Busch Gardens Tampa will be adding a drop tower style attraction for the 2013 season.

Looking at the tower’s footprint, we can see it has eight sets of four seats, for a total of 32 riders.

Another interesting item to note is the new entry plaza into Timbuktu that Busch Gardens will be adding. Gone will be the canvas overhangs and outdoor market.

ParkRumors also created this graphic labeling the plans that were filed with what construction will occur.

PlansLabled.jpg

Plans look great! I can't wait to ride this! I am really curious to see how high they will make it... I would like anything over 250 ft!
Hopefully will have a good theme as well! Finally the park is added some new rides!

Alright well at least part of Timbuktu is getting some love.