Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hunger Games Attraction?

I would rather them use "A Song of Ice and Fire" series, aka: Game of Thrones, than The Hunger Games. Both have high death-counts but GOT has dragons, direwolves, zombies, giants, elves (kind of), etc., making it a more suitable fit for IOA.

Basically a ripoff of Battle Royale. (and not a good one at that.) :blank:

I thought that until I actually read the books.

I am a Battle Royale fan. Great movie.

But what I love about Hunger Games is that they flesh out the entire world around a civilization that would force a group of kids to fight to the death, and what happens when you are able to inspire hope and revolution.

The books could have been better, but hey Battle Royale could have been better too! That all being said I would like to see a Theme Park show in all honestly. I would love to see a show where the audience is watching, and Katniss finds her self being lifted up into the arena the count down starts and it is a fight.

The deaths wouldn't have to be gory or even considered "deaths" simply the character disappearing by some trap or something.

That is my 2 cents.

I would rather them use "A Song of Ice and Fire" series, aka: Game of Thrones, than The Hunger Games. Both have high death-counts but GOT has dragons, direwolves, zombies, giants, elves (kind of), etc., making it a more suitable fit for IOA.

ASoIaF needs its own park. A single ride or land could not contain its epicness.

I just don't see a theme park picking up a ride, attraction, or show based off of the concept of 12-18 year old kids killing each other..............that's.......... not good for business...

Depending on the success of the film, however, I feel it would be wise of Universal to make an adaptable (for the next films as well) exhibit of the first film. I'm sketching some things for this since I've always loved the idea of walkthrough sets. :wave:

fcmmug.png

An idea; more to come. :)

ASoIaF needs its own park. A single ride or land could not contain its epicness.

A magical theme park filled with incest and rape and dragons melting your flesh off!

:rofl:

Juuuust kidding. I LOVE ASoIaF. But I can't help but think of some hilariously inappropriate park attractions one could make based on the books....

The Examiner has a wonderful new article wondering a similar question: Are the Hunger Games good enough for theme parks?

They have included a rundown of what supposedly makes the franchise "theme park friendly".....

• Nature - A large part of the story happens in the wild. Not only is it survival against other people, but it's a survival against nature. In one part of the book our hero Katniss signals someone else using mockingbirds. Perhaps Busch Gardens Tampa could play a part in this. After all the company has a long history of conservation and helping to preserve wildlife. Maybe the park could do a "Hunger Games" attraction based on surviving in the wild.

• Choreographed fighting - The first half of the Hunger games involves learning survival skills, while the second half is all about bloodshed. Maybe we strip away the realism and go for the simple fact that this is a movie. Universal Studios Florida or Disney's Hollywood Studios could do a choreographed stunt show that gives guests a glimpse into how the actors not only learned to fight, but how those fights were brought to the screen

• The fashion and design - The film takes place in a different society where a lot of the fashion choices are quite different and unique. A museum type of attraction could show off not only the outfits from the movies, but also give a look into what it took to design the sets and more interesting pieces of the movie, such as the Capital

• Build the world - Of course theme park companies could go the "to hell with it" route and build an all encompassing world. Create a wooded area with attractions such as archery practice, and a walk through the actual set of Katniss's house. Then a reenactment of "The Reaping" and everyone boards a train. The train could use technology that makes it seem like we are traveling through the countryside and into the capital, though we will most likely go only a few thousand feet (much like the upcoming Harry Potter expansion at Universal Orlando will have). Attractions that are based around training and survival skills could prepare us all for our own theme park version of the Hunger Games-an all out laser tag battle in which we fire "laser tag bows" and hit each other with cushioned swords and sticks.

Not every trendy, money-making movie needs a theme park attraction! I can probably name 100 movies more deserving than The Hunger Games. I'll start with 3: Jaws, King Kong, Back to the Future.

Who in the world wants to go to a reenactment of starved, oppressed children getting picked for a horrifying fight to the death reality TV show?

SERIOUSLY.

WHO?

If this ever happened, than it shouldn't be a coaster, simulator, show, water ride, etc but a REAL ACTUAL LEGIT RECREATION of the Hunger Games. Guests would sign up their young ones to be chosen to enter the games in which they FIGHT TO THE DEATH. The winner receives a free t-shirt.

"Good luck, Sally!"

Last edited:
If this ever happened, than it shouldn't be a coaster, simulator, show, water ride, etc but a REAL ACTUAL LEGIT RECREATION of the Hunger Games. Guests would sign up their young ones to be chosen to enter the games in which they FIGHT TO THE DEATH. The winner receives a free t-shirt.

"Good luck, Sally!"

After seeing The Hunger Games with a group of 12-18 year olds who would NOT SHUT UP and giggled/talked/used their cell phones constantly during the movie.... I approve this. :thumbs:

"Good luck, Sally!"

Haymitch approves!

iFrxtTbhoZGGh.gif