Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013 | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Transformers: The Ride - Summer 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is it Transformers?

• Yes

Votes: 145 91.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 8.2%

• Total voters
^^But the thing to me is, they knew all this before they started piling money on this project. I get why they'd want it, it's the timing and pace that's got me. Not how good it'll be for the park.

They could have for 2 whole years. It's not like Potter just started bringing in the money.

Things change and budgets get approved at different times. And if it is TF, they probably wanted to see people's response to the attraction before shelling out the money for it along with the Potter project.

Things change and budgets get approved at different times. And if it is TF, they probably wanted to see people's response to the attraction before shelling out the money for it along with the Potter project.

That's possible. Just saying I'm surprised is all. There'd be no real harm in tearing down SS44 earlier though, even if it didn't become TF.

They could have for 2 whole years. It's not like Potter just started bringing in the money.

Geeez, you're driving me bonkers. Blackstone owned a chunk of UOR when Potter opened. Comcast only acquired control in January, 2011. Comcast now has greater control with the acquisition of Blackstone's ownership. The grand motions after just one year of ownership are quite something.

Bottom line is that everything has been in flux for the past 4 years. No big backers or thinkers. Just vultures.

That's possible. Just saying I'm surprised is all. There'd be no real harm in tearing down SS44 earlier though, even if it didn't become TF.

Other than HHNs, which if there was no hurry I think they would have waited for the slower time of the year

- - - Updated - - -

Geeez, you're driving me bonkers. Blackstone owned a chunk of UOR when Potter opened. Comcast only acquired control in January, 2011. Comcast now has greater control with the acquisition of Blackstone's ownership. The grand motions after just one year of ownership are quite something.

Bottom line is that everything has been in flux for the past 4 years. No big backers or thinkers. Just vultures.

:thumbs:

All I was trying to say was I was surprised. Sorry.

USO_Transformers_Construction_1.jpg
Can't wait for this to happen
Oh my god, I just got so excited until I saw you typed "Can't wait for this to happen" lol. :smiley:

As much as my mind is trying to tell me there's no way in hell this is Transformers...what else can it be? The amount of work going on at the site negates the perma-haunt rumor that was given to me, IMO. And the character dining location just seems like it's very, very far out there.

Some have said Madagascar, but that seems like more of a KidZone property than a Production Central property. I dunno.

Nothing besides Transformers really clicks for me here.

It seems like a few people do not want this to be Transformers? Why is that? I would be excited if this was Transformers and I am hoping that it is Transformers.

I don't not want it to be TF :lol:. I'd love something on that scale, but unique to USF. But I can't say I'd be disappointed with TF.

I want Transformers because for one it looks to be an amazing attraction. Two, I know it will be a HUGE success for the resort and be a major player in leveling the playing field between both islands and the studios. Third and finally it might actually force Disney to do something!

I want Transformers because for one it looks to be an amazing attraction. Two, I know it will be a HUGE success for the resort and be a major player in leveling the playing field between both islands and the studios. Third and finally it might actually force Disney to do something!

:pound: That's a good one.......

:':)bonk::bored::furious::skellington:

I also want it to be TF. Mostly because I want to see the reaction from everyone who was SURE that Transformers would replace Spider-Man.