Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

^^^Thanks for that. Knew that pic was floating around somewhere and someone would post it. And that does show the 1800 rooms going on the plot I marked in my pic above.

It's very, very similar to a lot of motels I'm used to in Wildwood, New Jersey, the shore town I've been going to since...well...always. Wildwood is heavily steeped in 50s culture, and is said to be the "birthplace of Rock and Roll" due to "Rock Around the Clock" first being performed there on New Years Eve 1954. The town has the 50s/60s vibe and really celebrates the culture of the time. This looks really similar in architecture and theme. I'm excited and nostalgic.:lol:

Dude! This is literally the first place I thought of when I saw this :lol:

7.jpg

Haha, man all I do is log into Facebook and this is the first thing I see. I'm stoked. The concept art is gorgeous, so I have high hopes in the design of this hotel. The colors are just so vibrant and lively. Love it, love it, love it.

This will be awesome for UOR. With this opening late 2014, this should all but confirm a 2015 WWHP 2.0 opening.

It doesn't not confirm it either. let's not get to ahead of ourselves.

With an "on property" option that competes with Disney prices, I can imagine Disney execs are going to not be happy about the loss of room nights.

Well Disney has 23 resorts (5 value), this will be Uni's 4th (1st value). Disney won't lose any sleep.

^^^Thanks for that. Knew that pic was floating around somewhere and someone would post it. And that does show the 1800 rooms going on the plot I marked in my pic above.

It does, but that amendment was also filed before Universal dropped "Hotel Site E" from its land use plans. That 70+ acre plot of land is now simple referred to as "Undeveloped Open Space", and is used for construction staging and overflow parking for Universal TMs.

I still think it's going on "Hotel Site D", but it's entirely possible they'll use the other land too.

Am I the only one sad that UOR basically ONLY has these two plots of land left to expand the resort in the area. There is really nowhere else left to grow after these two plots. I mean you can always replace old attractions but as far as a third (non water) theme park is concerned, its out of the question now with this announcement.

Dude! This is literally the first place I thought of when I saw this :lol:

7.jpg

Great minds think alike!:lol: The rooms are similar looking as well. It's a very fun theme for a resort. Hope they theme the BGM to 50s rock and roll!

Well Disney has 23 resorts (5 value), this will be Uni's 4th (1st value). Disney won't lose any sleep.

Yes and no. While Universal has become seriously more popular, a lot of people have been staying at Disney's hotels and taking a day trip to see Potter. With the Potter double dose and a resort price point closer to the Disney values, Disney could see people shaving not only park days off, but resort days off to go to Universal. It's not going to put them out of business, but it's not something they want to see.

Am I the only one sad that UOR basically ONLY has these two plots of land left to expand the resort in the area. There is really nowhere else left to grow after these two plots. I mean you can always replace old attractions but as far as a third (non water) theme park is concerned, its out of the question now with this announcement.

It's been out of the question since they sold off the Lockheed land earlier in the decade. Any 3rd park talk has been wishful thinking.

It does, but that amendment was also filed before Universal dropped "Hotel Site E" from its land use plans. That 70+ acre plot of land is now simple referred to as "Undeveloped Open Space", and is used for construction staging and overflow parking for Universal TMs.

Was it not your site that listed that both sites were to be used as staging areas last week? I believe you said 722 staging on the land next to the royal and 609 on the other plot next to turkey.

I still think it's going on "Hotel Site D", but it's entirely possible they'll use the other land too.

Yea, I know it was being used for staging/parking.

And it very well might. It's fun to speculate until we know though. I really hope they do extend the waterway.

UOR doesn't need another non-water-park theme park. The two it has is the perfect amount for it. And the waterpark is still possible with this announcement. And if it does go onto the Lot E, it will only take up half its area. So we'll still have 2 available plots.

UOR doesn't need another non-water-park theme park. The two it has is the perfect amount for it. And the waterpark is still possible with this announcement. And if it does go onto the Lot E, it will only take up half its area. So we'll still have 2 available plots.

Any more parks and we'll be seeing them become Disney World with great ideas, but not fully fleshed out parks. Plenty of room for improvement in what we have.

And to consider these "values" is a joke anyway. Most of the people coming to see Potter 2.0 will be staying offsite of both properties. The people who stay at Disney do it for a reason beyond price, because it ain't cheap.

Was it not your site that listed that both sites were to be used as staging areas last week? I believe you said 722 staging on the land next to the royal and 609 on the other plot next to turkey.

Yup. We were probably wrong about the "Project 3429" staging area location. That's where they've been doing all the mass grading, and also why I believe the hotel is going on that plot of land.

But like JungleSkip said, until we know for sure it's fun to speculate.

What we do know is that there are two projects going on, across the street from one another on Adventure Way, "Project 609" which is the SS44 replacement, and "Project 3429" which was believed to be 722 staging given its project number.

Last edited:
To defend ParkRumors and Parkscope and other sites, we work with what we have and sometimes there isn't enough information or it isn't clear. This is one of those situations where, Universal used addresses that can't exactly be pinpointed because nothing is there, but you can get the general vicinity. As long as they were close that's good enough for me.

It would be nice if someone at Universal would send us all blue prints and 2012 master plans, but I'm not holding my breath.

This is one of those situations where, Universal used addresses that can't exactly be pinpointed because nothing is there, but you can get the general vicinity.

Exactly. All the addresses told us was which side of the road things were on. "Project 609" has an even numbered address, and one of the permits was updated putting it on the Turkey Lake Road side of things:

609tl.jpg

"Project 3429" has odd numbered addresses, putting it on the opposite side of Adventure Way, and also a Mass Grading permit, which they are clearly doing on the land adjacent to the Royal Pacific hotel:

3429mg.jpg

To defend ParkRumors and Parkscope and other sites, we work with what we have and sometimes there isn't enough information or it isn't clear.

Defense not required and I wasn't looking for one. I am trying to get a handle on all of this. We saw the massive fill and all yelled HOTEL two months ago and then that fizzled and we believed staging and now it turns out to be a new hotel after-all. It's all so goofy.