Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 22 Discussion

Agreed! Gothic was impressive for sure, but I feel like the love is generated from it's pathetic competition. Had Gothic been a part of last year, I feel like it would not have been quite as popular. Dead End was great though, in that it mixed originality and good set design/effects, but unlike Gothic was uncomfortably scary (IMO). Best house of the night by far, though again I don't know how it would've held up had it been a part of last year's magnificent lineup.

Great points, compare Gothic to anything last year, and it doesn't look nearly as unstoppable. I think you hit the nail on the head on the -uncomfortably- scary... it really is UNCOMFORTABLE. The ghosts/spirits/poltergeists we're encountering are humanoid and are far more relatable than the behemoths in Gothic... but they're also far more ambiguous (unless you take the Unmasking the Horror Tour!). There's a certain degree of uncertainty here. Doesn't hurt that the e-prompts are insanely freaky... every single friend I brought through this house commented on the audio design. It drips with atmosphere.

I probably just had a bad run through Gothic, or maybe since it was my first ever haunt I was too nervous/guard was up to appreciate it. I was able to do Dead End twice and by far it was my favorite. There was a scareactor at the end who nearly had me jump out of my skin.

Wrong side of the bed? That marks the second time in HHN history where I literally fell over as a result of a scare (the first being the Distant Cemetery in Winter's Night, 2011). That scare is just so fiendishly creative and unexpected, I both love and loathe it.

I would say that Dead End was the only house I was actually really scared of. There seemed to be actors coming from all sides in all rooms. I didn't know what to expect, I also loved the set design too. It really spooked me and my wife out.

It was cool that they had flying gargoyles in Gothic, but they moved too slow to be really scary.

hey guys just a quick quesiton...
Surprise HHN trip to take my father for a night of HHN on halloween night and I have not been to HHN without an Annual Passholder in a couple of years and when I went in HHN 20 with my brother I was able to get him in early for a couple of hours prior to Stay and Scream with a small fee (15 to 20 dollars)

I called guest services and the person on the phone was not familiar with that sort of deal any longer existing.

Wrong side of the bed? That marks the second time in HHN history where I literally fell over as a result of a scare (the first being the Distant Cemetery in Winter's Night, 2011). That scare is just so fiendishly creative and unexpected, I both love and loathe it.

I think it was the very last room and the scareactor was under a table and jumped out at just the right time. @JungleSkip just missed him.

hey guys just a quick quesiton...
Surprise HHN trip to take my father for a night of HHN on halloween night and I have not been to HHN without an Annual Passholder in a couple of years and when I went in HHN 20 with my brother I was able to get him in early for a couple of hours prior to Stay and Scream with a small fee (15 to 20 dollars)

I called guest services and the person on the phone was not familiar with that sort of deal any longer existing.

I think if you buy the separate Stay and Scream ticket they let you enter either USF or IOA at 3 and is like $19. double check the HHN web site since I believe they have it all listed on there

As long as they bring back that Twisted Taters stand I'll be happy! Heck, they need to serve those all year, I'd buy them at $5 (though I wouldn't mind if they could lower it to $4) regularly. :lol: :drool5:

Glad you had a great time. As far as Rockit goes, seems like you got the good train. :lol:

For anyone who has used our guide for this year (or last), was it helpful?

Absolutely. I had no clue how weird the layouts for the queues were (specifically Houses of Horrors and Alice Cooper), so I'm really glad I read it. I had to alter the plans a little since I was doing the stay and scream, but it worked out really well for me. I hit up all of the houses (did Gothic, Dead End, and Silent Hill twice), saw Bill and Ted, and even managed to ride RockIt at night for my first time.

Absolutely. I had no clue how weird the layouts for the queues were (specifically Houses of Horrors and Alice Cooper), so I'm really glad I read it. I had to alter the plans a little since I was doing the stay and scream, but it worked out really well for me. I hit up all of the houses (did Gothic, Dead End, and Silent Hill twice), saw Bill and Ted, and even managed to ride RockIt at night for my first time.

Glad to hear this! This years construction and huge crowds really made people do stay and scream much more. But for those who didn't do stay and scream I hope it helped.

For all that weren't thrilled with the lack of scare zones now is your chance to be heard by taking the HHN Survey

"Street Experiences

This year, Halloween Horror Nights featured a completely reinvented street experience that unleashed scareactors in an all-new, terrifying way. Roaming legions of menacing beasts, vampires, prisoners, warriors and more inhabited every corner of the park.

The next few questions ask about your experiences with the LEGIONS OF HORROR.

How would you rate the Street Experiences?
Excellent Very Good Good Just OK Poor

How would you rate the quantity of Street Experiences?
More than enough Enough Not quite enough Not enough Not nearly enough

How did the Street Experiences this year compare to what you expected?
Much better than expected
Better than expected
About what I expected
Not as good as what I expected
Not nearly as good as what I expected

How scary do you want the streets to be relative to the houses?
The houses should be much scarier than the streets.
The houses should be scarier than the streets.
The houses and streets should be equally scary.
The streets should be scarier than the houses
The streets should be much scarier than the houses.

How scary should the streets be?
Extremely scary
Very scary
Scary
Somewhat scary
Not really all that scary (save it for the houses)

How would you rate this year's Street Experiences compared to the "Scare Zones" featured in past Halloween Horror Nights Events?
Much Better
Better
About the Same
Worse
Much Worse
Not Sure/Don't Know"