Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tomorrowland re-do?

It's far from a guarantee. But they're looking at Shanghai as a prototype for new versions of Tomorrowland in the states.

2016 opening. But this wouldn't be an immediate turn around either. Still a ways off.

So probably looking around 2019-2020 and that's IF this actually happens.

So probably looking around 2019-2020 and that's IF this actually happens.

Wow, my two year old children will be 10!!!! By that point they will want every roller coasters and none of the rides they go on today. Well my daughter at least. She keeps saying she wants to go on hulk and Rockit - lol We were in the child swap area for Rockit and when I said look Daddy is on the coaster, she said, Abby Go On...so cute. I told her she couldn't and she just kept saying she wanted to go on :) We passed under hulk and she kept pointing to the coaster flying by and saying Abby Go :) I can see we won't be able to go to Uni at some point because she is going to get really angry she can't go on anything. The only coaster she said she did not want to go on was Mummy, I think it was too scary in there for her.

Last edited:
Wow, my two year old children will be 10!!!! By that point they will want every roller coasters and none of the rides they go on today. Well my daughter at least. She keeps saying she wants to go on hulk and Rockit - lol We were in the child swap area for Rockit and when I said look Daddy is on the coaster, she said, Abby Go On...so cute. I told her she couldn't and she just kept saying she wanted to go on :) We passed under hulk and she kept pointing to the coaster flying by and saying Abby Go :) I can see we won't be able to go to Uni at some point because she is going to get really angry she can't go on anything. The only coaster she said she did not want to go on was Mummy, I think it was too scary in there for her.

That is too precious! At least she will be able to go on some of the kiddie coasters in a couple of years.

That is too precious! At least she will be able to go on some of the kiddie coasters in a couple of years.

She went on Barnstormer and loved it. For awhile she kept pointing to it and wanting to go on it and she finally got to go on it a couple weeks ago (she is 35 inches with her one pair of shoes). I wasn't sure if seeing it vs. riding it would freak her out, but nope, she laughed through the entire thing and went on it twice, once with me and once with my husband. She wanted to go on more, but we had no more fast passes for it and weren't going to split up for that long. She had this huge grin on her face, so when she points to something she really has every intention of wanting to be on it :) When she is 36 inches she can go on the ones in Sea World and Uni.

She went on Barnstormer and loved it. For awhile she kept pointing to it and wanting to go on it and she finally got to go on it a couple weeks ago (she is 35 inches with her one pair of shoes). I wasn't sure if seeing it vs. riding it would freak her out, but nope, she laughed through the entire thing and went on it twice, once with me and once with my husband. She wanted to go on more, but we had no more fast passes for it and weren't going to split up for that long. She had this huge grin on her face, so when she points to something she really has every intention of wanting to be on it :) When she is 36 inches she can go on the ones in Sea World and Uni.

Have you brought the little ones to Legoland yet? We just took our kids there at the beginning of March and they loved it. My oldest is 2-1/2 and just tall enough to ride Goofini and almost everything at LL and loved it. She was just tall enough for Goofy in Feb for her first time and loved it. Its funny cause she didnt mind the coasters or Haunted Mansion but flips out on Buzz Lightyear for some reason :shrug:

Have you brought the little ones to Legoland yet? We just took our kids there at the beginning of March and they loved it. My oldest is 2-1/2 and just tall enough to ride Goofini and almost everything at LL and loved it. She was just tall enough for Goofy in Feb for her first time and loved it. Its funny cause she didnt mind the coasters or Haunted Mansion but flips out on Buzz Lightyear for some reason :shrug:

That is is odd that she flips on Buzz. My kids really don't mind anything except Twister. They did not like that or actually they didn't like PF either. But Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc, they have no problem with.

We have not done LL, but it is because of my son. He can't sit up on his own, so we didn't think there would be much for him to go on, where my daughter could do everything. Maybe if we have a daughter only day and my son is doing something else, we will take her. Or hopefully soon he can sit up on his own. I am sure we could carry him on things and let him ride once he can sit up on his own. Universal we don't mind as much since there are a couple things he can do and he loves the atmosphere. But we don't go to Uni nearly as much as Disney.

It's far from a guarantee. But they're looking at Shanghai as a prototype for new versions of Tomorrowland in the states.

2016 opening. But this wouldn't be an immediate turn around either. Still a ways off.

I don't mind if it takes a while so long as it's done right. Obviously this is too far off to have any solid info, but, in your opinion, are we talking major changes (attraction replacements) or just cosmetic stuff with the theming?

I'd venture to say a few attractions are safe (SM, AO, BLSRS) & some not so much (Speedway, SGE, MILF). I'd say the only one really on the fence would be CoP.

I think CoP stays, while not popular, it seems to be something I think would cause an uproar if removed. I think maybe updating it would be a better options. It was updated once already, so no one says it can't be updated.

As fun as AO is, I am wondering if this wouldn't be on the chopping block. The loading of it is very slow and always causes a massive line. The capacity of it is just so low on that thing and the employees are the worse at running it sometimes (seen it half empty before!!! or just slow loading in general).

I wonder about the people mover, while I think it is great and love going into SM, if they re-do the whole area, will they be able to keep it?

Without a doubt Carousel of Progress should stay in spirit and message as an attraction, but this is the longest a Carousel of Progress show has run without an update, and it shows. Never mind the fact that upkeep on it is also lacking, now it is the bigger picture issue.

I think CoP stays, while not popular, it seems to be something I think would cause an uproar if removed. I think maybe updating it would be a better options. It was updated once already, so no one says it can't be updated.

As fun as AO is, I am wondering if this wouldn't be on the chopping block. The loading of it is very slow and always causes a massive line. The capacity of it is just so low on that thing and the employees are the worse at running it sometimes (seen it half empty before!!! or just slow loading in general).

I wonder about the people mover, while I think it is great and love going into SM, if they re-do the whole area, will they be able to keep it?

I hope they don't get rid of the people mover. I love that ride and there are some great parts, but I also wonder if they will have to remove it in order to re-do the whole area.

Peoplemover is built into the TL infrastructure. It won't be going anywhere.

And long lines or not, the Orbitor takes up such a small footprint it makes no sense to get rid of it.

I think if they ever got rid of the Peoplemover there would be a full on riot at the park :lol:

Yeah, of course it is Disney and they will never re-do tomorrrowland like it needs to be, so in reality it will stay. But if they ever really re-did the land to make it like it should be, it would probably have to be changed or removed in some manor.

Yeah, of course it is Disney and they will never re-do tomorrrowland like it needs to be, so in reality it will stay. But if they ever really re-did the land to make it like it should be, it would probably have to be changed or removed in some manor.

Not really sure what your thinking is here. There's no reason to remove it or need to in order to fix the land.