Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Discover Cove - worth the price?

Apr 19, 2011
My family are long time florida vacationers. We've been to every park and have done everything pretty much imaginable, and within the past few years have been getting bored with our trips. We've always wanted to try Discovery Cove, but the price has us a little wary. I've read plenty of positive reviews, but also a few 'disappointing' reviews. Some say the dolphin swim was impersonal and disappointing, saying they only spent 3 minutes with the dolphin with strangers. While others say that it was a magical experience they'll keep with them for the rest of their life. Some say the food is subpar - even disgusting, while others say it was alright. These bi-polar reviews make us a little nervous. My brother (23) and I (17) both wear glasses (me - contacts), so water parks are always a project, which also makes us a little cautious.

$1,300 in one day is definitely a lot of money - so in your opinion, was it worth it? :shrug:

Don't those come with other park tickets, that's what I have been hearing on the radio around here anyway, it all day all inclusive to me it would be worth it. I will try it out one day.

Don't those come with other park tickets, that's what I have been hearing on the radio around here anyway, it all day all inclusive to me it would be worth it. I will try it out one day.

The price includes 14 days unlimited to both SW & Aquatica, which is actually a pretty nice deal.

Ive been wanting to go to DC for years now and just never have. Its is a pricey day out but think its worth it and one day will venture over there. If your worried about the dolphin encounter im sure you can pull up some home movies people have posted on you tube and get an idea of what its all about.

I almost went last September when a friend came over to visit us for a few weeks, but she decided against it, so we didn't go. After my research, I thought it was a fantastic deal. All inclusive, swim with fish and other sea animals all day, a short-but-still-personal interaction with dolphins, feed birds, and I think you even get free snorkeling gear and a family/group picture. On top of all that, you get 14 days of unlimited admission to SW and Aquatica! (And for a small added fee, Busch Gardens, as well!) Not to mention that they have limited admission, so you're not going to be in an over-crowded park.

I agree that the price seems like a lot upon first impression, but once you see all that you get with the price of admission, it's a pretty great deal! :thumbs:

The price includes 14 days unlimited to both SW & Aquatica, which is actually a pretty nice deal.

I go every time i go to florida now, the tickets as you said include Sea world, Aqauatica and it also includes Busch Gardens, we also get a 14 day ticket to Uni/IOA which works out just a little bit more then a flexiticket so I find it decent value.

In all honesty Discovery cove is the highlight of my holiday, it's so relaxing and peaceful. The dolphin swim is great, it may not last long but it is a lifetime experience. There's plenty to do with the grand reef, freshwater oasis, freshwater pools/lazy river, etc. To be honest I never understand people who state it is to expensive but come all the way to florida (although before the first time I went I found it expensive). My favourite apart from the Dolphin swim is the grand reef thousands of fish and coral to swim around and explore, huge ray's swimming around you is amazing. There are different areas to explore for example a shark area with huge sharks (behind glass of course).

The facilities are great, the food isn't bad at all. It isn't 5* dining but there is options from chicken strips, through to salmon and deserts i've always enjoyed it. There is bars where you can get slushies, ice cream, oreo's, crisps (or should I say chips), alcoholic drink for your brother and it's unlimited. I will be going again and infact its planned as the day after our wedding as it is our favourite place to go.

If your thinking of going but put off by the cost you should go, you won't regret it!:thumbs:

Last edited:
We went in September last year for the first time. We didn't do the dolphin swim as that really added to the cost and to be honest we thought there should be plenty to do without it. We loved our day there - our favourite area was cruising along the slow river which has lovely scenery and quite a few underwater features to explore. The aviary is great and has several areas to explore through and you can keep getting more of the fruit bowls to tempt the birds down. We went for a couple of swims in the snorkeling section with the rays which was nice. We also spent some time in the sunken bar area with cocktails which was a great chill-out area. The food was great and they had a steel drum band playing which went perfectly with the atmosphere of the place. We completely filled our day without doing the dolphin swim so don't feel you have to do it to enjoy the park - stayed from opening to close!

We would defiantely consider doing it again, especially as it comes with the SW and AQ 14 day pass. We also got the parking pass for SW and AQ from DC (avoids you paying for parking for multiple visits to the other parks) - popped into DC one morning to pick it up after paying online.

Definately recommend it!

Last edited:
We went in September last year for the first time. We didn't do the dolphin swim as that really added to the cost and to be honest we thought there should be plenty to do without it. We loved our day there - our favourite area was cruising along the slow river which has lovely scenery and quite a few underwater features to explore. The aviary is great and has several areas to explore through and you can keep getting more of the fruit bowls to tempt the birds down. We went for a couple of swims in the snorkeling section with the rays which was nice. We also spent some time in the sunken bar area with cocktails which was a great chill-out area. The food was great and they had a steel drum band playing which went perfectly with the atmosphere of the place. We completely filled our day without doing the dolphin swim so don't feel you have to do it to enjoy the park - stayed from opening to close!

We would defiantely consider doing it again, especially as it comes with the SW and AQ 14 day pass. We also got the parking pass for SW and AW from DC (avoids you paying for parking for multiple visits to the other parks) - popped into DC one morning to pay for it and pick it up.

Definately recommend it!

Just wondering what's the parking pass.

Just wondering what's the parking pass.

You have to contact DC and have the Parking Pass added to your order. We paid $25 and it covered parking at all SW parks for the 14 day period. You then have to pick up the Parking Pass from DC and they give you a clipped coupon which you show to the car park attendants. Definately worth it!

You have to contact DC and have the Parking Pass added to your order. We paid $25 and it covered parking at all SW parks for the 14 day period. You then have to pick up the Parking Pass from DC and they give you a clipped coupon which you show to the car park attendants. Definately worth it!

Oh that must save some money! thanks for that going to look it up!