Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Legoland Florida

OTPN posted some pics of the new quick service restaurant.....

jFtuURCdhe9rj.JPG

jj3PvbyDe6xb9.JPG

jXBA8cTU4rREi.JPG

jboD4OFO88ZOQK.JPG

jiyrLGhstr1Bi.JPG

jb0tiUQ2IiqZBN.JPG

Im just going to plop my Legoland photos here since ill never get around to writing a full trip report :lol: By the way, we my wife and kids ate at the new quick service and said it was decent, along the lines of KFC. I has some of their fries and wasnt too impressed, really soggy.

Part of the new Star Wars mini land. Millennium Falcon actually moved up and down like it was blasting off, which was really cool. They had a lot of different little things moving around some of the sets which made it that more impressive.

These are not the legos you are looking for. by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Last edited:
Oh fried chicken company has gone over to the US now. The one in Alton towers is very nice, and an improvement on the food available before it opened.

Speaking of which, how is the food at legoland Florida?

Oh fried chicken company has gone over to the US now. The one in Alton towers is very nice, and an improvement on the food available before it opened.

Speaking of which, how is the food at legoland Florida?

Im not sure if the two chicken places are the same, think it might be just a coincidence they have the same name. But I can be mistaken :lol:

Coastersaurus will forever hold a special place in my heart after this trip. This was my almost 3 year olds first wooden coaster ever :happy: I was a little nervous while waiting in line, not so much because I was afraid she would freak out on but more because i was worried the loud noise from the train would scare her off well before we even got in line. Low and behold she did well while waiting (only had to wait for 2 trains to dispatch so not long at all). So our train got to the station and I figured she would freak out then like she did getting onto Goofini back in Feb but to my shock she walked right on and sat down and let me buckle her up and off we go and although she has moments of reservation while on it she got off wanting to go again. Proud father moment entailed. I took this picture after we got off and really had no choice but to shoot into the sun since I figure we wouldn't be back on this side of the park for the rest f the day. Turned out pretty cool with the lens flare.

Coastersaurus by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

Land of adventure was a cool little section of the park with a fun little shoot em up dark ride. Of course my almost 2 year flipped out during the ride or else I would have owned :pound:

Land of Adventure by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

That's so cool, Mike! And the picture fits that magic moment perfectly :thumbs: Beautiful!

BTW, any pics of the big banyan tree? I can't wait to see your pics of it :drool:

Last edited:
Discussion has seemingly died down about this place as of late, especially with their own expansion coming along. Anyone seen the construction progress as of late? Supposed to open in early July (7/3). I've been hearing that they've had some delays, had to do some cutting, and even with it only being a month out, the ride itself isn't even done or started testing yet.

Also, been hearing some interesting things on the resort end of things for the place. They're planning on doing something a little different and they plan on making a pretty big splash. Can someone say campground?

FYI,

Two count them two supporting projects are green lit for Legoland "resort" :thumbs:

So the hotel that's been built at a few of the legoland parks, as well as the campground mentioned by SinkoM?

That seems like an awful lot of stuff in one go, unless they aren't doing the hotel, in which case I can't think of the other project. Interesting...

That doesn't look likely to open on time...

CAN MERLIN NOT OPEN ANYTHING ON TIME THIS YEAR?!

Someone seems to have started to catch my drift as to my mention of the ride not testing, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

So the hotel that's been built at a few of the legoland parks, as well as the campground mentioned by SinkoM?

That seems like an awful lot of stuff in one go, unless they aren't doing the hotel, in which case I can't think of the other project. Interesting...

As to whether or not they are doing a hotel, let me point you to this article that should answer your question :)

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2011-10-17/entertainment/os-legoland-preopening-day-20111014_1_legoland-florida-legoland-officials-nick-varney