Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1) | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion (Part 1)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I want from UNI is only two things.
Not really expasion but not sure where to put this.

An Annual Pass that isn't paper (Hard Card)

And A Wet N Wild Water Park Add On

Hard Card + 1 million!. The older wax paper cards weren't too bad and could take a real beating but the new ones are downright frail.

No joke I left all of our passes in my pocket one time and they went through the washing machine. Mine was the only one to survive, it was around 8 years old and had been used countless times, the other 3 just under a year all shredded and destroyed.

well not literally "ready to go" but all its attractions were pretty much done. It was a painful yet glorious opening...a few weeks later

Don't forget the grand opening was already delayed several times, and the star attractions were ridden with problems for years after that. Also KidZone, T2:3D and BTTF came later.

So much happening across the resort it really is difficult to contemplate what the place will be like in 10 years time.

The water park has me excited as does Kong and Kidzone, no idea why Kidzone as my kid is now 18 LOL guess I am just intrigued to see what they will do with that area.

Other rumours coupled with new hotels a possible City Walk 2 and even talk of a 3rd gate all add to the mix.

An old rumour, well one I first heard a year ago, Star Trek seems to have resurfaced with some legs, never watched a ST episode or movie but an interesting development nonetheless.

I even stumbled across a new rumour(new to me anyhow)deep within the Disaster thread regarding Disaster not only getting the axe but the building being knocked down and totally rebuilt as a new IP attraction.No idea what it could be but it could and probably would change the whole San Fran area, would they totally retheme the area or blend in with the existing, I hope the first be true.

I like how the studios is starting to look more cohesive what with Cities/Lands tying areas, and the park together. San Fran, New York, Hollywood and more recently London and Springfield. Do you think this is a direction that will continue at the studios?

Last edited:
I like how the studios is starting to look more cohesive what with Cities/Lands tying areas, and the park together. San Fran, New York, Hollywood and more recently London and Springfield. Do you think this is a direction that will continue at the studios?

I'm not sure what your definition of cohesive is, but if you mean each land is doing a better job of differentiating itself, then yes. I do think in the next 10 years every area of USF will be much more similar to IOA. We will have lands with things to see, do and observe, and the attractions will be an extension of it, rather than the other way around like it is in New York, San Fran, Production Central and KidZone. Those lands feel like they don't blend with said attractions at all.

In other words, Diagon is the future, backlot-stylings are the past.

Much agreed!
That is why I like seaworld's system of passes, you can add different parks to it ...

Exactly. You can switch the parks and water parks out. I like Uni's pass as is of course the additions would be great because I'd dish the money out to be able to have it all under one thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Hard Card + 1 million!. The older wax paper cards weren't too bad and could take a real beating but the new ones are downright frail.

No joke I left all of our passes in my pocket one time and they went through the washing machine. Mine was the only one to survive, it was around 8 years old and had been used countless times, the other 3 just under a year all shredded and destroyed.
I'd even take WAX! But the paper ticker is just meh. Whtever it is about a hard card that boosts my confidence and excitement as I enter the gate , I love that feeling.
And I totally understand. I've been on Popeye several times this year and have had to replace me card due to it being wet.

If I could find something to put my Annual Pass In I'd be okay but I'd like to have a hard card one day!

Well they have the lanyards with the ziplock bags, and I find that (at least on the water rides) it really works to keep them dry, and I don't have to worry about where the damn thing is all day.

I've started using the lanyard and they do definitely help quite a bit but they make me feel so touristy.

Well they have the lanyards with the ziplock bags, and I find that (at least on the water rides) it really works to keep them dry, and I don't have to worry about where the damn thing is all day.

Yes!!! I love my bright orange lanyard and I pretty much go everywhere in the resort with it around my neck. Funny how I actually like wearing it while most dread it

The thing with Avengers, Dispicable Me, JP, Tranformers? That thing? Mine ripped because I wanted to put my AP, DEBIT Card and Express Pass in it but it all didnt fit for long haha

If Comcast were to buy SeaWorld Ent. My guess is they would close and rebrand the SeaWorld parks and keep the Busch Gardens parks as is.

But I don't really see this happening. But stranger things have occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.