Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Falcon's Fury

If this doesn't work major changes may be required. That's all I can say...

^ For those who have talked to me in person I rest my case...

I've gotten to the point where I forgot this ride even existed until I see this thread pop up. Crazy to think they were expecting it open early May.

Last edited:
Aaah... so the paint job was probably postponed due to all of the other more severe technical issues. Thanks.

To be honest it was in the plans to paint it like a sunset from the beginning. Then it may have changed, I don't know maybe they didn't have enough time to paint with the original opening date, and then the delay happened so they had the opportunity.
I met Bobwadd out at BGT a few times, when the construction was going on, and he had told at one time the painting wasn't going to happen, so I can only piece together that is what happened.

From the beginning, there was supposed to be a painted design on the tower. From what sources told me last year, the majority of it was supposed to have been painted onto the pieces before assembly, with final work done once assembled. Then after the pieces arrived, it was decided to do the entire paint project right after the beginning of the year (Jan/Feb time-frame). This was announced through a few different traditional media outlets back in the early Fall 2013. Then construction delays started piling up, and the painting was postponed - eventually being tabled in an effort to make the May 1st announced date. Then when testing revealed the issues with the cables and required replacement, the time to paint was suddenly available again, and so it was completed. That's how it was all explained to me.

The design on the tower now is similar to what was on the large banner at the back of Gwazi Field during Bands, Brew & BBQ (and later along the wall in Pantopia). The artist who did the work is the same woman who did some of the painting on rock work around SheiKra and many of the murals in Sesame Street Safari of fun.