Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 24: The Walking Dead: End of The Line

honestly not trying to argue or anything, but what property would that be? really, think about it.
What could possibly bring the numbers WD brings? I'm serious, what do you think they can bring ?

the fact is WD are not really horror fans, maybe marketing will have to start doing really good video game houses, (and not horror games either) Im thinking really hard and I cant think of anything.

(Unless Marketing makes a Grand Theft Auto HHN house. Seeing how much people love it )

right now there is nothing horror wise that can bring that kind of money. WD is a fluke, their luck with WD might not be able to be repeated with something else.
Seriously unless they do something like a Grand Theft Auto game or something like Call Of Duty or Assassin’s Creed or something like that.

(Why am I mentioning games? Because Games like those are the only thing that has the same kind of huge fanbase as WD, no horror movie franchise or tv show has that kind of pull, Not Even horror games) If Marketing is so hungry for money they are going to have to make a GTA house somehow.
I would love to see a house based on The Last of Us actually, although the general theme is fairly similar to TWD.

Ladies and gentleman, halloween horror nights is a household name in the haunted house business. It doesn't matter what kind of IP's they bring in...The HHN brand is enough to bring people in alone. Especially after the Walking Dead increasing HHN population, they don't need a big name to bring in people.

"If you build it they will come"
if that was true they could have made a regular walking dead house. they wouldn't need to make a mega house. just saying.

Of course they will - but it's all about expectations. The people running the numbers are now going to be expecting Walking Dead-level numbers, every time, regardless of whether or not WD is present... not what the event typically draws based on its name and known quality.

When the numbers drop back to normal levels... what happens?

this is the point. they saw how well they can do with a popular property and they will want to get the same effect after walking dead. the problem is that there is NO horror property as big as walking dead. Nothing horror related comes close. Horror in general never brings those kinds of numbers.

Which is why I mentioned Game of Thrones already. universal will need something big, something with a big following, but dark enough to make a house or a street zone. Something like True Blood. Whatever they find, it will not be horror related. I spent all day today thinking about a property as big as WD and I couldn't come up with anything.
It doesn't exist.

My point was simply directed at the people who were curious as to what IP's could possibly continue to drive people in like the walking dead.

The general public (that didn't know about HHN) now know about HHN because of the walking dead. Now if they had a good experience they will come back regardless of the IP's offered. They don't need a big IP to bring people in. Thats where marketing goes wrong...Halloween Horror Nights was a name brand long before the Walking Dead and when it finally leaves us, HHN will still exist and thrive.

The HHN survey asks "What is your opinion about basing a haunted house on the “The Walking Dead" for a 4th year in Halloween Horror Nights 2015?"

they did the entire streets. Now they did the biggest house in the park,
What can they do next? two houses? (One based on the Spin Off?) will they make one corner of the park entirely WD based? (the area where the Purge is) another mega house plus a street full of walkers? Seriously how are they going to top this year?

The only way.....and I mean the only way. I want it to return. Is an extreme house! 8 + the 1. Not take away a house for this nether other wise. No!

they did the entire streets. Now they did the biggest house in the park,
What can they do next? two houses? (One based on the Spin Off?) will they make one corner of the park entirely WD based? (the area where the Purge is) another mega house plus a street full of walkers? Seriously how are they going to top this year?
Actual zombies?

Perhaps they could convert MIB into the Walking Dead for HHN and have you shoot zombies like what HOS is doing with its zombie house...IDK I'm grasping at straws

Here's my question to you all. Would you like to see a giant house return next year? If so would you mind it based off walking dead season 5?

Obviously no on the walking dead for me but overall the concept of the giant house didn't really work for the event as a whole. Many budget cuts were made because of it and it was more trouble than what it was worth even though I did like the house this year. Your thoughts?

Here's my question to you all. Would you like to see a giant house return next year? If so would you mind it based off walking dead season 5?

Obviously no on the walking dead for me but overall the concept of the giant house didn't really work for the event as a whole. Many budget cuts were made because of it and it was more trouble than what it was worth even though I did like the house this year. Your thoughts?

Depends on the house...I would love to see a fully realized Silent Hill based off the games and would gladly take cuts for that...I would not be happy if something like Dracula Untold got a huge house..Where a Cabin in the Woods could have been twice as long in my opinion...It's all about the house itself...Walking Dead is kind of getting old..

I personally would like them to just do two houses in that sound stage so that we have 9 houses to help with the crowd level. They need to figure out how to add capacity.

Maybe it's just me but the Giant House doesn't feel so big to me. A little longer then a regular SS but I'll pass.

I personally would like them to just do two houses in that sound stage so that we have 9 houses to help with the crowd level. They need to figure out how to add capacity.

If that happens, you can kiss scare zones goodbye pretty much...I'm all about another house..but..It will come with a cost

They needs to not let as many people in..that's the problem

If that happens, you can kiss scare zones goodbye pretty much...I'm all about another house..but..It will come with a cost

They needs to not let as many people in..that's the problem

Not necessarily. Walking Dead is essentially 2 houses. So instead of having the biggest maze ever, just divide it.

Not necessarily. Walking Dead is essentially 2 houses. So instead of having the biggest maze ever, just divide it.

Exactly, there would definitely be budget cuts to the scare zones but who cares? We have 9 houses. I think the thing is about the big house is that it should only be given to something so expansive there isn't a way to do it with a normal house. Something like AHS would be perfect for a big house because that's 4 varried seasons into one giant house split into 4 parts. I can excuse walking dead this year because the settings in season 4 were different enough to warrant it. But I rather have 9 houses anyways just for capacities sake. As you all have said before this event has really outgrown itself in popularity so this would be for the best

Exactly, there would definitely be budget cuts to the scare zones but who cares? We have 9 houses. I think the thing is about the big house is that it should only be given to something so expansive there isn't a way to do it with a normal house.t

who cares? Who Cares? I Care :fist: