Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Machine Gun America

What exactly would be controlled if you had things your way? Why are you using an elementary school massacre as a means to support the agenda?

Guns. And I'm using that example because well...you know, wacko has a gun, shoots innocent people. It's kinda the same story for each mass gun crime (wacko+gun=innocent people die). Giving more people access to guns, or teaching them that guns are cool as it seems like this "attraction" is trying to do, especially someone as young as 13, is never a good idea.

Edit: And before you start with the "Oh well if one of the teachers had a gun, they would have shot him dead before he killed anyone!" or some other variant that includes another person having a gun and taking control of the situation, don't bother. That narrative doesn't work.

Last edited:
Guns. And I'm using that example because well...you know, wacko has a gun, shoots innocent people. It's kinda the same story for each mass gun crime (wacko+gun=innocent people die). Giving more people access to guns, or teaching them that guns are cool as it seems like this "attraction" is trying to do, especially someone as young as 13, is never a good idea.

Edit: And before you start with the "Oh well if one of the teachers had a gun, they would have shot him dead before he killed anyone!" or some other variant that includes another person having a gun and taking control of the situation, don't bother. That narrative doesn't work.

Okay....So their should be no guns in our society? Including the government?

Guns can be a good thing. Isn't protecting yourself and hunting food to eat positive. (Wako+gun= a fair chance for innocents+gun. Wako+gun+innocent without gun = what you prefer.

I do feel like 13 is still young. It should be 16 with a parent.

Last edited:
People that cause harm to innocent victims are the problem, not the guns. The majority of gun owners/enthusiasts are responsible with them. Mass shootings are quite tragic, but they are extremely rare. Killing people is not the only thing that a gun can be used for, anyone who does not understand this should not be involved in this conversation. But really think about what the difference between this and paintball/laser tag. Here you use real guns, but in paintball/laser tag you are shooting at real people.

yep, nothing wrong here. thank goodness for our precious right to bear arms.

sB6QWlu.jpg

Killing people is not the only thing that a gun can be used for, anyone who does not understand this should not be involved in this conversation. But really think about what the difference between this and paintball/laser tag. Here you use real guns, but in paintball/laser tag you are shooting at real people.

Explain to me what else a gun can do besides killing or seriously harming? I really want to know. Does it do tricks? Does it play music?

And you're comparing a shooting range with live ammo to laser tag, which does zero physical harm, and to paint ball which if it does leave any harm is pretty limited to dime sized black and blue marks. Really? I don't care how much the NRA has brainwashed you, you seriously cannot be making that comparison.

yep, nothing wrong here. thank goodness for our precious right to bear arms.

Murica, dude, Murica!

Last edited:
I'm not going to stop this debate as long as it's cordial and civil, but please try to walk on eggshells when responding. I don't want a political/society debate overtaking the fun of park discussion.

And the thread title has been changed.

I personally think it's not a good idea period for a theme park/family fun sort of advertisement. Guns aren't suppose to be fun. They are supposed to be tools used for hunting and as a way to protect yourself especially with live ammo. You are confusing people when you promote things like Western shootout, zombie killer, Gangster mob.

Secondly, the people running are military veterans. People have a lot of underlying factors especially those trained with weapons for combat such as police and soldiers. PTSD can kick in at the worst possible moments causing a lot of people to get hurt. I know first hand as I am military myself and have seen people just thinking they hear gunshots after coming back from the middle east freaking out.

Yes you do have the right to protect yourself and it is good to be trained but I think this is a bad business venture the moment one negative thing happens. Like Disneyhead said with the suicides. A family comes down and dad shoots himself. Headline Family comes to vacation at Disney and shoots himself at gun range which will give those with an "agenda" reasons to say get rid of guns. Its one thing going out shooting in the middle of stinking nowhere in Montana, New Mexico, etc. and then in an urban family based environment such as Kississime where families come to vacation.

I see a few possibilities regarding how to approach Machine Gun Murica.
1. Go there and shoot (targets)
2. Don't go there at all (Shoot aliens @ MIB?)
3. Try and persuade Mickey Mouse to demolish Machine Gun Mary.
I would love to go there to shoot targets of Voldermort though!

Wow, seriously. When your faced with a robber that has an armed weapon, I'm sure you'll like to have a gun and know how to shoot it. I would like to know what "WORLD" you live in. This isn't a fairytale land or one that is all rainbows and flowers. People need to know how to defend themselves, with or without a gun. Just because I know how to shoot a gun doesn't make me a murderer or make me want to kill. I don't even like hunting. But there is nothing wrong with going to a gun range and shooting at targets. Grow up.

- - - Updated - - -

If someone wants to kill themselves, that's on them. Just because there are a bunch of suicides involving rope, that doesn't mean they should stop selling.
The world I live in is a stange and dangerous place. I see dead people. I talk to very dangerous people in very dangerous places at 3am on an almost daily basis. I am a TV news photographer. I often get to the scene while the yard/porch/driveway is still decorated with bodies. I'm pretty numb to it all, but every once in a while the absolute senselessness of it all gets to me.

The local gun ranges (Shoot Straight) that used to rent guns stopped renting guns after a spat of suicides committed with their rented guns in their controlled environment.

There is nothing to stop that from happening here. And being Fully Auto only ups the possible carnage.

To me that says ALOT about the gun ranges in that area. If people are offing themselves at gun ranges, there is a few factors playing there. People in that area must have a high suicide rate to begin with, and the ranges themselves must not be doing something right (IE overlooking and keeping an eye on patrons). I mentioned it earlier, but where I live, I have NEVER heard of someone killing them selves in a gun range. We are literally the wild wild west, our laws are basically the best that coincide with the 2nd amendment. CCW is NOT required to conceal carry here. Gun ranges is where people go to shoot weapons they have never shot before and would like to, or to educate themselves on more weapons. They are not the problem. Saying someone who owns guns, wether high power or not and calling them the problem is flat stupid. I know enough people to form a small army in the state if they wanted too, they are that armed. All have wives and children. Strangley enough, they dont kill people. You CAN be a responsible gun owner and own 50 guns at the same time.
What this is, is just another gun range....hands down. If some places have people killing themselves in their doors......well thats the person and the ranges issue. The range did not perpetuate the suicide. That person would have found a way, one way or another.

And the other gentleman from the UK......it's two different places. UK, and the US are two vastly different countries. Guns has been a way of life in this country since its foundation. UK works fine the way it is, and i applaud them for that. If the US could do that, hey it might be for the better. But the second amendment will never change, so we work with what we have. I am a very strong supporter of the second amendment.....and get this.....don't own a single gun.