New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando? | Page 91 | Inside Universal Forums

New Water Park coming to Universal Orlando?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that there are absolutely no sidewalks on either Turkey Lake or Adventure Way that lead south to the coming water park. So, all of the other hotels must either take the bus or walk through the pool areas of Cabana Bay? That would be a bit of a cluster would it not?

As it stands you can't walk to Cabana Bay anyway unless you're staying there. There's a big gate with a key card swipe preventing entry. It's essentially a dead end unless you have a room key. Of course this could change with time.

I just noticed that there are absolutely no sidewalks on either Turkey Lake or Adventure Way that lead south to the coming water park. So, all of the other hotels must either take the bus or walk through the pool areas of Cabana Bay? That would be a bit of a cluster would it not?

I presumed this would be the case when I was there in September, right down at the south end of CBBR is a perimeter fence but said fence has 3 or 4 gates. going through these gates currently dumps you out on nothing more than the road you mentioned in a previous post. The car parks are behind the the hotel rooms so there really is no other purpose for these gates, not that I could see any how.

That sounds logical in that they are going through the bidding phase. It doesn't necessarily mean anything at this point as initial designs can be over the top. Designers will just need to be more clever in creating similar effect if/where possible.

oh...so basically no big deal at all. That's good to know

oh...so basically no big deal at all. That's good to know

Well, this was more of an overall generalization of all themed projects on my part. I have seen plans that go out that designers assume will be a bid, for example, $50-80K only to have all the bids come back at well over $100K. While designers are quite smart, they aren't contractors in the field.

I am sure that sometimes the limits that corporate places on projects and designers actually creates a better product.

Reactions: natespf
Projects that had budget cuts
Wizarding World Hogsmeade
Wizarding World Diagon Alley
Transformers
Despicable Me
Cars land
New Fantasyland
Space Mountain upgrades
Expedition Everest
Animal Kingdom
Disney Hollywood Studios
Disney California Adventure
Disney California Adventure 2.0
Every Six Flags Attraction ever created
The Orlando EEye
IDRIVE Live
and so on and so on and so on...

Point being the project will still be amazeballs and everyone just needs to chill out. I can't stand when people listen to this propoganda bull **** from people who b4 it hit the Internet didn't have a clue about the project. Chances are the same people who spread these bull**** "news and rumors" still couldn't tell you dick about anything.

Point being the project is sick and will crush the competition in executuon, creativity, technologically, and so on.

Rant over...

Transformers
Despicable Me
Cars land
New Fantasyland
Space Mountain upgrades
Expedition Everest
Animal Kingdom
Disney Hollywood Studios
The Orlando EEye
IDRIVE Live

Point being the project will still be amazeballs and everyone just needs to chill out. I can't stand when people listen to this propoganda bull **** from people who b4 it hit the Internet didn't have a clue about the project. Chances are the same people who spread these bull**** "news and rumors" still couldn't tell you dick about anything.

Point being the project is sick and will crush the competition in executuon, creativity, technologically, and so on.

Rant over...
Huzzah! Way to tell it HTF.

Transformers
Despicable Me
Cars land
New Fantasyland
Space Mountain upgrades
Expedition Everest
Animal Kingdom
Disney Hollywood Studios
The Orlando EEye
IDRIVE Live

Rant over...

Please, tell us how you really feel. LOL.

Note to self...don't ever mention budget cuts again or else people will freak out lol

In all seriousness, I had heard it was more severe than simple cuts that are typical of the design phase. But, I dont know anyone in the creative department, which is why I came here to check with what others had heard. I take it all with a grain of salt, and it sounds like nothing major or noteworthy this early in the conceptualization phase.

Last edited:
Note to self...don't ever mention budget cuts again or else people will freak out lol

In all seriousness, I had heard it was more severe than simple cuts that are typical of the design phase. But, I dont know anyone in the creative department, which is why I came here to check with what others had heard. I take it all with a grain of salt, and it sounds like nothing major or noteworthy this early in the conceptualization phase.

Hell, they might have slashed the budget and designs to nothing for all I know, which I don't. That would be a pisser. I can only offer that "final" designs were very cool as previously conceived.

People also said that Universal direly didn't meet their quota for Diagon Alley and it was a flop but turns out it was not close to the truth. Right now, Universal is trying to get the best product at the cheapest cost. Its good business in essence especially when you are contracting out job, you can add funds back later once a good deal is made. Its like bartering. You don't tell them how much you are willing to go for.

People also said that Universal direly didn't meet their quota for Diagon Alley and it was a flop but turns out it was not close to the truth. Right now, Universal is trying to get the best product at the cheapest cost. Its good business in essence especially when you are contracting out job, you can add funds back later once a good deal is made. Its like bartering. You don't tell them how much you are willing to go for.

That's actually half-true...the area didn't quite meet up with expectations. But saying it's a flop is an exaggeration as it was still very successful.

Not that this means anything but Friday and Saturday (the beginning of blackout dates/"peak" time), attendance was very very short of projections. I personally don't think that that's a trend that will continue but they're having a hard time keeping people in the Studios after the parade...I wouldn't say that 2 days hint to the budget of future attractions obviously but the place isn't exactly booming attendance-wise.

Attendance is up this season over last and way up for the year. Case closed.

Attendance up =\= hitting projections though. If they got 20 people last year and expected 20, that's great. This year, they expect 30 and got 25. It's not a difficult concept to understand. You do realize I worked in the marketing offices over the summer right? :lol:

I haven't seen a national ad campaign for UOR this fall and now winter. WDW is going great guns with ads on tv in recent months up here in the north. The second biggest ad competitor to Disney is Atlantis Resort.

Anyone know why the lack of campaign by Universal?

I haven't seen a national ad campaign for UOR this fall and now winter. WDW is going great guns with ads on tv in recent months up here in the north. The second biggest ad competitor to Disney is Atlantis Resort.

Good point. Haven't seen any in our area that I noticed either. As they used to say on R&M Laugh In, "very interesting". Showing my age there.

Hum, that is interesting. I notice it advertized like crazy on TV, online, and Hulu Plus. Though with any of those you can not tell if it is part of a national campaign, or regionally targeted. It seems more than Disney to me, so possibly they are trying a bigger push for in state.

Hum, that is interesting. I notice it advertized like crazy on TV, online, and Hulu Plus. Though with any of those you can not tell if it is part of a national campaign, or regionally targeted. It seems more than Disney to me, so possibly they are trying a bigger push for in state.

What state are you in?

Status
Not open for further replies.