The Hat Coming Down | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

The Hat Coming Down

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So the hat is down? lol It finally happened eh?

Well it's been nice knowing you. My work here is done.

Good riddance assh**e!!!! The hat was like a once good friend who moved into your house for "a weekend" but ended up staying months telling you everyday that he was "looking for a job" even though you knew he was just sitting on his ass all day, playing video games and making your girlfriend pissed off. In 2 days that old pal will finally move back with his father satan at his house in hell. See you never man, now all they gotta do is erase every trace of you in time before the parents come in to visit :whoo:

Good riddance assh**e!!!! The hat was like a once good friend who moved into your house for "a weekend" but ended up staying months telling you everyday that he was "looking for a job" even though you knew he was just sitting on his ass all day, playing video games and making your girlfriend pissed off. In 2 days that old pal will finally move back with his father satan at his house in hell. See you never man, now all they gotta do is erase every trace of you in time before the parents come in to visit :whoo:

Stop sugar coating it Cole... tell us how you really feel. :smiley:

Random thoughts:

1.) Besides TSPL I think a lot of the DHS redo is still up in the air and possible to be cut/rearranged/changed. Design choices are still being made.
2.) We're not done with attraction closures.
3.) Don't expect this to be open prior to Avatar. Probably 50 years of WDW time frame for Star Wars.
4.) I can't believe anyone would spend money to go to this park in the next five years.

Random thoughts:

1.) Besides TSPL I think a lot of the DHS redo is still up in the air and possible to be cut/rearranged/changed. Design choices are still being made.
2.) We're not done with attraction closures.
3.) Don't expect this to be open prior to Avatar. Probably 50 years of WDW time frame for Star Wars.
4.) I can't believe anyone would spend money to go to this park in the next five years.
1. That seems pretty obvious
2. Of course, LMA and IJ haven't closed yet. Possibly more.
3. I don't think anyone was expecting a full DHS redo done by Avatar.
4. Neither can I, but hey, the dollar conversion from countries like the UK and Brazil is so great that it's cheap af to get in for them. Never forget this is a TOURIST DESTINATION.

1. That seems pretty obvious
2. Of course, LMA and IJ haven't closed yet. Possibly more.
3. I don't think anyone was expecting a full DHS redo done by Avatar.
4. Neither can I, but hey, the dollar conversion from countries like the UK and Brazil is so great that it's cheap af to get in for them. Never forget this is a TOURIST DESTINATION.

Dollar rate V £ not do great at the minute, I expect it to get worse too with elections and uncertainty in the UK this year. Whatever happens I'll still make tbd trip across the pond.

As for DHS, it has been a park in need of love for many years, the removal of the hat hopefully shows they are listening and that this is just the start of things to come, certainly the chatter points to a rosier future for what could be a great park.

Last edited:
Frozen probably saved their 2014 attendance at the end of last summer through the fall. They may need to recreate what they are doing with Frozen at the Disney Resort to save their 2015 attendance. Otherwise I would expect a drop. I actually really like DHS, but with all these closings it's getting to the point there is not a lot to do there, and I like shows also. I'm going to WDW for two weeks in October, and looking at my preliminary plans, I'm going to be spending significantly less time at DHS than I normally do on a WDW vacation.... But I'll go there for sure, just to enjoy the sight lines without that ridiculously placed HAT.

Frozen probably saved their 2014 attendance at the end of last summer through the fall. They may need to recreate what they are doing with Frozen at the Disney Resort to save their 2015 attendance. Otherwise I would expect a drop. I actually really like DHS, but with all these closings it's getting to the point there is not a lot to do there, and I like shows also. I'm going to WDW for two weeks in October, and looking at my preliminary plans, I'm going to be spending significantly less time at DHS than I normally do on a WDW vacation.... But I'll go there for sure, just to enjoy the sight lines without that ridiculously placed HAT.

Frozen saved them, barely, and DAK and Epcot took the hit.

Frozen saved them, barely, and DAK and Epcot took the hit.
I assume DAK took it worse. Epcot at least has Food & wine and Candlelight Processional.

At least help is on the way for DAK though. Unfortunately it still needs another big expansion even after Avatar/RoL. And I mean EXPANSION (on that empty pack plot of land preferably). Chester/Hester is a problem, but the park needs more to do before we go redoing Dinoland.

Does anyone actually pay full price for this park? With the current Disney pricing scheme, I'm pretty sure this parks get added on for a nominal fee.

Even still, I think the closures on here are being greatly exaggerated. They've shuttered attractions no one attended anyway. But I wonder if TSPL will seem as cheap and desperate a move as it did in the other parks?

Does anyone actually pay full price for this park? With the current Disney pricing scheme, I'm pretty sure this parks get added on for a nominal fee.

Even still, I think the closures on here are being greatly exaggerated. They've shuttered attractions no one attended anyway. But I wonder if TSPL will seem as cheap and desperate a move as it did in the other parks?

The difference between going to WDW for 3 days vs 5 days is around $20-25. So Disney makes it where if you are going to the MK (which is a two day park IMO), and want to go to say EPCOT, why would you not go ahead and get a 5 day pass for just $25 more. Two half day parks (each with a couple of good rides) for $25 bucks, almost a no brainer. They are able to get away with so much at the other three parks because the MK pulls everyone in.

Funny the hat doesnt really bother me so much, but constant hour and half wait for Toy Story bothers me much more. Fortunately we primarily go to DHS for Rock and Roll, Tower of Terror and Star Wars. Although I still love the Muppets as well.

Last edited:

Full price or not, you're still paying $60 bucks to get into the worst park in Orlando, and possibly the worst major theme park in the world.

Attractions "no one attended"? Come on now. They may not have been good attractions, but with a park so bereft of attractions, every closure hurts.

Full price or not, you're still paying $60 bucks to get into the worst park in Orlando, and possibly the worst major theme park in the world.

Attractions "no one attended"? Come on now. They may not have been good attractions, but with a park so bereft of attractions, every closure hurts.

Of all my visits to DHS, I saw the Idol show twice and Jack Sparrow once. Backlot Tour has not been worth visiting since the 90's. For such a lackluster park, you should be thrilled then to see construction walls popping up all over.

Plus, didn't we gain that Frozen show to the line-up?

Of all my visits to DHS, I saw the Idol show twice and Jack Sparrow once. Backlot Tour has not been worth visiting since the 90's. For such a lackluster park, you should be thrilled then to see construction walls popping up all over.

Plus, didn't we gain that Frozen show to the line-up?
I wouldn't say gained...more like we are stuck with..

Seriously though, walls in HS are a good thing..the park may be worth a visit in a few years :lol:

I wouldn't say gained...more like we are stuck with..

Seriously though, walls in HS are a good thing..the park may be worth a visit in a few years :lol:

They'd be a good thing if serious work had started on replacements. As-is it reeks of closing things to save some money before they decide to do anything.